Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Walker

"Well if we need bait to see which one of these patients is likely to attack I suppose I'm a good choice."

Walker slings his gun over his shoulder and begins walking between the beds. He looks around warily, ready to grab any monster that might seek to leap on top of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
"We have a serum that will separate a symbiote from its host, but that won't help us here and now." Venom shrugs and looks around before shouldering the rifle. "We'll deal with this risk if it comes back at us. Let's move on."

Gonna take that as opposition to fighting what could be civilians and moving us along without conflict. Quick update before work, but I'll move us along towards the end of this scene after work.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Venom moves on, leading the agency through the cramped corridor; in spite of his concerns, the walk is without ambush, and the majority of the patients are unconscious or drugged. Ghost realizes she no longer has a sense of the symbiote in her mind; whether it's because it's gone dormant or because it's discovered her is unknown.

Finally, after what has felt like weeks of travel through the hospital, the team arrives at the entrance to the in-patient ward. Eddie hesitates a moment before pushing open the big double doors, seemingly expecting something to happen from doing so. Unfortunately, there is simply just a nurse's station in front of him, and Venom snorts and shakes his head. As he begins to move again, he stops, realizing a nurse is standing behind the nurse's station and looking at him in shock. She drops the clipboard she is holding and steps back, bumping into the chair behind her. She seems to be the only nurse at the station at the moment, a pretty redheaded woman in her mid to late 30's in pink scrubs.

Eddie's face re-emerges from within the mask of his suit, the black alien writhing away so he can give a less troubling visage as he speaks. "We're here to help you. Is anyone injured here?" The nurse just gapes at him, shaking her head slowly. The poor woman seems terrified, gazing beyond Venom to the rest of the mutants behind him.

Nightcralwer only: Something about the woman is very familiar to Kurt, and it takes a moment for him to realize exactly what that is; save for the lack of blonde hair, the woman could easily be the sister of the one he had teleported away from Carnage on the beach. He doesn't recall her having any siblings from the dossier they had received before the job, however..

Ghost only: A wave of emotion crashes from the woman's mind as soon as she sees Venom; fear, panic, and a twisted mixture of love and hatred. What bothers her most is how familiar the mental energy coming from her feels,

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ghost

Burying her fear under growing rage at Carnage's senseless killing , Cassie casually sets down the boombox at her feet, then places one foot on the On switch and quickly draws the sonic rifle off her shoulder, aiming at the nurse.

"Heads up guys, I'm feeling one on her. You might be able to hide from Big and Scary here, but I can feel your daddy issues just fine, you murderous monster. Stop hiding behind innocents, you coward. Show us your game face so we can blow it off."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Nightcrawler
1 PP, 1 XP, d10 Physical Stress

"Venom, step away from her! She's the woman Carnage attacked on the beach, and is likely its host like Ghost says!" Which unfortunately meant there was no way to teleport the poor woman to safety like last time. Even worse, she should still be severely injured from Carnage's attack. "I think I really hate dealing with symbiotes. Oh! No offense, Venom."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Walker

Walker looks at Ghost then Nightcrawler then switching his rifle to sonic levels it at the thing in front of them.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lucas Bishop
PP:21 XP:1

Bishop looks at Ghost and Nightcrawler and brings his sonic weapon up, but doesn't place his finger on the trigger. "I'd tell you to just give up and leave the woman alone, but I wonder if whatever the hell you are can even be reasoned with." He keeps the gun on the nurse, ready to fire the split second the Carnage symbiote appears.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Venom turns slightly at Ghost and Nightcrawler's warning, and the woman's face breaks into a giant and malicious grin the moment he is distracted. Numerous spiked tendrils rocket forward, spearing Eddie in numerous places and lifting him clean off of his feet. Venom cries out in pain with two voices as the Venom symbiote strikes against the Carnage symbiote in an attempt to dislodge it from its host. The woman strolls forward, her fingers becoming long and bladed as her suit lashes against Eddie's, keeping it from reforming over his head.

"Eddie, Eddie, Eddie. You always had a soft spot for red-heads." She glances to the agency and waves a hand at them. "This is between me and daddy dearest here. You let me have him, I'll tell you where Cassidy is, and you can take credit for being the team to bring down Venom. Think of the fame! Think of the prestige! This woman is much less insane and a PERFECT host for us.." The woman laughs, warping her hand into an axe blade. Unless stopped, it looks like she'll be putting an end to Venom for good; even now, her suit is slowly peeling away the black suit from Eddie.

Bringing in Eddie Brock and Cletus Cassidy would definitely be a massive boost in reputation for the agency, but at what cost?

What a loving week. So sorry for the delay; finally got moved in to my new place and then my dad turned around and had a heart attack and another bypass. Back on track! Let's end this and move to a more interesting story arc, since the symbiote thing has been a little too much from what some players have told me.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Ghost

"What? Are you... you have GOT to be kidding me, right? You killed dozens of people just to get him here, and you have the loving gall to try to bribe us?! You can go straight to hell, Carnage."

Teeth clenched tight and temples pounding with rage, Ghost hits the power button on the boombox and does something she normally tries to avoid: she slips out of reality for an instant, into somewhere else. A whirl of contradicting sensations hits her: total darkness, freezing cold, blinding light, intense heat, grasping fingers and babbling voices. She hated this part so much. It took a couple seconds longer from her perspective than it did from the POV of somebody not making the jump, and while she wasn't sure exactly what she was passing through, she could guess, and she didn't like the idea of getting stuck along the way.

Then she's behind Carnage, radio pounding in one hand and rifle raised in the other, hammering the emitter's trigger at the symbiote's exposed back and desperately trying not to throw up from the horrible gut-wrenching sensation of throwing herself through some kind of alternate dimension.

I'm guessing none of us are interested in negotiating with the mass murdering alien monster.

Team d8
Long Fuse, Explosive Temper d8
Enhanced Teleport d8
Sonic Emitter d10
Combat Expert 2d6
Boombox d6

Blast Carnage: 1d10 7 3#1d8 6 8 8 3#1d6 4 1 4

Spending 1 PP to take 3 dice, Total 22, d10 Effect, trying to inflict Physical Stress. Going to activate my Exhausted Limit to shutdown Enhanced Teleport and gain 1 PP.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 20, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lucas Bishop
PP:21 XP:1

Bishop raises the gun that Venom gave them, "Ghost is right. You can go right to hell, assuming some hosed up alien puddle like you even has a soul to send there."

Okay, d8 team, d8 make a difference, d8 guns, 2d8 sonic emitter(versitile), d8 combat expert.

Lot of d8s at carnage.: 6d8 29

so a 14 with a d8 effect die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Magneto

It wasn't a terrible offer, that was the thing. Not ideal, perhaps, but he had agreed to worse. Unfortunately, his hot tempered teammates were not always reasonable people. Sighing, he prepares to end this. He lifts his hand. The gun has proved useless so far for him. Perhaps the old reliable methods were best

D6 Team, d8 Master of Magnetism, d10 Magnetic Blast, d10 Combat master

Attacking: 2#1d10 6 9 1d8 3 1d6 3

15, d8 effect

• Locked thread