Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
Gomorra is an Italian TV show based off the movie Gomorra and it is very good.

I would recommend you watch it, and I have created this thread so we can discuss it.

In fact, I would say it's probably the best TV show that has been made in forever ages.

Whoever moderates this forum can you make it so anybody can edit this post and put relevant poo poo, because I am not very good at making an OP.

Thank you.

Watch Gomorra. It is very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I rated it in my top ten last year.

My Italian work mate thinks it's the tits.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Weinstein Company? has the rights to this and I think they're pushing for a US remake before airing the original in the united states.

So expect it to remain obscure for another year or two.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Read the book and watch the movie to get more story lines, the movie and show are based on the book.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks boring and bad

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Don't judge a book by its cover? No one is going to force you to watch it, but if you like crime/mafia drama from the criminal perspective it's good.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Book is good, movie is good. I'll see if I can figure out how to get the show.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
You can get the DVD with subtitles on ebay, don't know where you are but you can get around region restrictions pretty easily.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
project free tv also has every episode up, with english subtitles.

boring? that would be the sopranos.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Jesus Christ posted:

Watch Gomorra. It is very good.

Mind telling us how we are supposed to watch it?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

xcore posted:

Mind telling us how we are supposed to watch it?

Depends where you're at. In the UK, Sky just showed season 2, you can buy the DVD/Blu Ray online for season 1 and the movie, or you can :files: them, which is what I did before buying everything.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

WaryWarren posted:

project free tv also has every episode up, with english subtitles.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This show has the weirdest musical score. It's uplifting when it sure as hell shouldn't be.

Otherwise excellent although really depressing.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Turns out, Gomorra was not the name of the giant rubber turtle that fought Godzilla, which is what I initially thought this thread was about.

Color me disappointed.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
This show is really good.

Just finished watching Season 2. Felt to me a lot like Game of Thrones and The Wire mashed together.

I like how there's just so much stuff happening. Usually in TV series just one major thing happens per episode and the resolution is left for the next, but here, several things and whole arcs take place within one hour.

I'm quite impressed that Europe can come up with such beautifully paced, shot and edited TV series.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Thanks for the bump. Seeing this thread actually just made me watch the first episode and I really like it. I'll definitely watch the rest of the show.

I didn't really understand why Pietro is throwing out all his couches though.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Thought they simply didn't like the first one (not bling enough), but that the second one was bugged at the vendor by the police.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Amazing show. It's one of the few shows I enjoy watching where I have no idea what will happen and who will get exploded. This show is an absolute classic crime show easily on par with the wire, but with less moralising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I just started watching this and it's good. Halfway through episode 2 and it seems to be picking up. So far it's not up there with The Wire or some of my other favorites but its not really had time to get going yet

• Locked thread