Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Dubplate Fire posted:

Neurofunk is real and it blows huge cocks

thats super sad bc it's the best word ever :/

City of Tampa posted:

this is true but their albums are still really good

the newest album is outside of the storyline and it's their best in years, also go see them live if you've ever wondered what a band that has practiced for like a billion hours sounds like, their poo poo is tiiiiight. Also the audience is all goony as gently caress

yeah they're one of the tightest drat bands i've ever seen, I,'ve caught them 29 times over the years bc they always deliver such a killer show. New album is good, better as a whole than either of the last two I think (although there are some stronger songs on them, particularly the last one). I don't know if i think it's better than the year of the black rainbow album though, I know it's not really a fan fave but i fuckin love that one.

and yeah their audience is ridiculous, just the worst, I was a mod on their fansite about a decade ago and eventually I just stopped posting there completely because they taught me the meaning of the word "insufferable". now occasionally i'll get spotted by someone i knew from back in the day at a show but I typically just keep to myself/whoever i'm with because it's way too exhausting dealing with fuckin crappy people who are 25-30yo and still acting like scene kids from the early 2000s or hot topic mallrats or just plain old goony obsessive creepsters

EVIL Gibson posted:

Has anyone listened to modern Hanson??!?!?! Sooooooo good! gently caress the op. :rock: :rock: Rock out with Hanson! :rock: :rock:

i dated a girl who really dug modern Hanson (well like 2002 or 2003 but I feel like that's modern enough compared to mmmbop) and i went to see them live with her and was legitimately impressed. they're truly talented guys, they play pleasant mellow music they enjoy, the lil drummer kid was all excited bc his bros let him come out from behind the drums and sing/play guitar for a cover of cheap trick's "I want you to want me" and the lil guy felt like such a rock star :kimchi: cutest thing ive ever seen, him boppin around singin and strummin, all those fat girls screamin like he was an aryan beatle, just too adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
the only EDM genres that I listen to anymore are bumthumper and twinkbeep, all the other genres are played out and for old people only

Gatekeeper posted:

yeah they're one of the tightest drat bands i've ever seen, I,'ve caught them 29 times over the years bc they always deliver such a killer show. New album is good, better as a whole than either of the last two I think (although there are some stronger songs on them, particularly the last one). I don't know if i think it's better than the year of the black rainbow album though, I know it's not really a fan fave but i fuckin love that one.

and yeah their audience is ridiculous, just the worst, I was a mod on their fansite about a decade ago and eventually I just stopped posting there completely because they taught me the meaning of the word "insufferable". now occasionally i'll get spotted by someone i knew from back in the day at a show but I typically just keep to myself/whoever i'm with because it's way too exhausting dealing with fuckin crappy people who are 25-30yo and still acting like scene kids from the early 2000s or hot topic mallrats or just plain old goony obsessive creepsters

I saw Coheed for the first time a few months ago at a relatively small venue and was blown away, I always liked their stuff but never was super into it. I guess I am now though, I've been listening to random albums and songs a lot lately. I'll give black rainbow a spin when I get home.

the audience at their show seriously was like some comicon poo poo though

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

coheed has a few songs that i would enjoy a hell of a lot more without the retarded references to the story or whatever. what i'm saying is the band would be much better if almost everything they ever made had entirely different lyrical content.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs

Gatekeeper posted:

thats super sad bc it's the best word ever :/

Drop a neurofunk tune and watch as the ladies stop dancing

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Hey op, this is my favorite song, I'd say I'm pretty hip. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

CabaretVoltaire
Jun 10, 2003
Better than Turin Brakes.
Lmao if you listen to anything other than Rust In Peace and Peace Sells...but who's buying, and occasionally Killing Is My Business...and business is good! And So Far So Good..So What! for a bit of variety.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Dubplate Fire posted:

Drop a neurofunk tune and watch as the ladies stop dancing

lol if you dance to edm instead of just standing there with your fingers steepled under your chin listening intently

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
PWR BTTM

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

i liked it, im gaye :(

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
*reads op* okay so electronic dance music still sounds exactly the same as ever. Got it.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Drunk & Ugly posted:

i liked it, im gaye :(

thanks im a big *dad rock* fan

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_Te10OyZg

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

im gaye posted:

thanks im a big *dad rock* fan

is it available from discogs

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

City of Tampa posted:

I saw Coheed for the first time a few months ago at a relatively small venue and was blown away, I always liked their stuff but never was super into it. I guess I am now though, I've been listening to random albums and songs a lot lately. I'll give black rainbow a spin when I get home.

the audience at their show seriously was like some comicon poo poo though

Yeah they put on a good loving show, I've seen them a couple times and they're among the best I have seen.

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

General Dog posted:

Last year's Carly Rae Jepsen album was mind-blowingly good.

word? I thought about checking it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.
German house DJs changed the way I look at house music

https://soundcloud.com/robbabicz/robert-babicz-spring2016-mix

Also kids these days need to get as high as possible and listen to some motherfuckin Ragga Jungle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZRmsOjqMmM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ou5mR-g7PY

• Locked thread