Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carl Weathers
Sep 12, 2012
This morning my lovely cat started vomiting around 9:00 am, next to my bed I saw a puke pile with a rubber band mixed in. She puked maybe a total of 15 times, but some of it was gagging and no result. She puked last about 4:00 pm and she hasn't thrown up since. It was pure foamy puke. She pooped in our bed twice, one was solid and the other diarrhea-like. She has been lethargic and sleepy since 4:00.

She was eating and drinking the majority of the day, but maybe around 2:00 she stopped both. She is laying in a room by herself right now (7:00 pm) and is submissive, sleepy, and just laying there. She is a lazier cat, so she does lay down a lot but it is very weird for her to be so submissive. Called the vet, but don't get paid til tomorrow so I cannot bring her into the emergency til tomorrow or until midnight. She is alert to everything, she isn't just "laying there" and her temp is normal at 101.7 F. She is still wagging her tail back and forth and she licked me. Breathing seems normal and heart rate seems normal.

I'm not positive if there is something still in her body, or if she is just having some kind of post-reaction to it. Is there anything I can do immediately to help remedy these symptoms? If she DID eat another rubberband, how serious is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me to the beaver
Mar 28, 2010
If my cat puked more than ~5 times in a single evening I would almost certainly take her to the vet the next day if there were no other symptoms. If my cat pooped in odd places, I would probably take her to the vet within the week. With the lethargy and not eating or drinking I would run -not walk- to the vet because intestinal/any blockages are no fun. I think you should probably go to the vet.

Edit: if you were able to talk to your vet then follow their advice, not the advice of some random idiot on the internet.

• Locked thread