Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

I browse the forums using the SA reader app a lot more than on my laptop these days, so let's post our favourite pictures from our camera rolls. Can be funny, beautiful, interesting or unusual; if it has a worthy back story then include that too!

This is an Assyrian deity carving in The British Museum. I'm not one to take lots of photographs in a museum (especially without a professional high res camera) but I was utterly transfixed on this for a good few minutes. It's now my phone's lock screen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Accidentally took a whole series of this guy napping on the bus a few months ago. Didn't realize I'd taken them til I went to look at another picture, but decided to keep them for posterity. Here's to you, nap guy (and lady who seems less than pleased to be sitting next to nap guy)

recoverytrouble
Jan 28, 2008

I definitely under utilise the camera in my pocket at all times. This caught my eye one day & I actually remembered to take a shot.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I was at a cow calf ranch in rural Montana today, which means they specialize in birthing and weaning calves, and sell them after their first season. It was a 26,000 acre ranch. I was frankly expecting 10s of thousands of cows on the property. There were (about) 600, 3 herds of 200. They had 33 600+ acre pastures, and rotated each herd around 11 of them, for 7 days each. Each pasture was only grazed 14 days per year. And for size comparison, 640 acres is a square mile.

I was pretty impressed to be honest. This isn't any specialty beef they are raising, just black Angus. The cows gathered around us to see what was going on when the van pulled up to the pasture they were grazing in.

I was also impressed by the clarity of this creek.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
pyf dogs

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Sorry for the instagram-y photo, couldn't find the original.

Tried to make poached eggs a few days ago. Tried.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Here's an exposed drainage grate that has been plugged for about a month at work and reeks of death (food distribution warehouse).

It is supposed to go about a meter and a half down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka

• Locked thread