Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.
I've been a professional software engineer for the last seven years, but I'm dying to make a move away from the desk and get involved with some work that allows me to pursue my real passion of traveling, writing, and taking photos. I'm not entirely sure of how to transform it into a profession from a hobby. I've been interested in pursuing a career in writing since I was young, and I just can't bare the idea of spending my 30s at a desk.

I've thought about doing fully remote web development work during the week days, and using the weekends to fly to my next destination, but I think the optimal situation would be one in which my income could work more harmoniously with the nomadic lifestyle.

What's the best way of going about doing it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I suggest asking the people in BFC, specifically the business travel thread, see what their deal is.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516448

Bonus: Those dudes really know about carry on bags.

• Locked thread