Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who blew it the hardest?
This poll is closed.
Conor McGregor 31 15.98%
Jon Jones 163 84.02%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Was he just rear end-tired at that point? Why didn't he land with his kicking foot in front of him and just follow with a high roundhouse with his back foot, decapitating DC? Textbook McDojo combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
He was having trouble standing up in a timely fashion at that point

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Bob Morales posted:

Was he just rear end-tired at that point? Why didn't he land with his kicking foot in front of him and just follow with a high roundhouse with his back foot, decapitating DC? Textbook McDojo combo.

Landing with your kicking foot forward and switching stances is a good way to give up really easy takedowns especially to guys like Cormier who are good at chaining single leg attacks. It wouldve been risky and Silva was more concerned with surviving than actually winning the fight

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
and he was tired also

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

drat, that photo really makes me hype for Timberlake/Aldo.

lol

Pic is badass though

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

VagueRant posted:

Thanks for the answer. Seems like it unfairly rules out a valid strategy for competition, but this is a spectator sport at the end of the day...

Well if you have guy down and are working to improve your position or to cause damage (you know, what youre supposed to be doing) you will not be stood up. Obviously there's lovely refs out there but thats the way it's supposed to work and how it usually does.

Some people don't like it but I've always been fine with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

What a weird card! Some of you wanted a thread like this, so here's my breakdown/contextualization of the main card with more to come.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782863

• Locked thread