Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMarrio
Mar 26, 2005

Those who live by capitalism must be prepared to die by it.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He justs want to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLVzDm65YnI

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestonJew posted:

Doc Ock took over spidermans body and used his newfound youth to gently caress a midget

Genius writing.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

EorayMel posted:

One time good ole JJJ was in an iron man suit and trying to kill spider man. At least in the newspaper spider man canon.

I remember more than one instance in the newspaper comic where some new superhero would show up, then JJJ would fully support him (while still berating Spidey as a dirty rotten vigilante because gently caress you), then the new guy would turn out to be evil.

He's a worse judge of character than a child climbing into a van for free candy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hope they get Willem Dafoe to play Osborn when they get around to the Dark Reign movie. He was one of the good parts of the Toby McGuire movies and I'd like to see his take on the Iron Patriot persona.

Serious Frolicking posted:

it happened in the newspaper comics, aka the one true spiderman continuity

It was the greatest love story of our age.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
If police find a guy tied up to a lamp post with a gun and a kilo of cocaine, they can't actually prosecute him. No one 'pieder man captures could be tried in court successfully since he taints every piece of evidence.

He a menace.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Personally, I like to believe Ben Riley was the real spider-man, and that this is just the world's longest series about an identity theft artist. Anyway, that's my theory on what I remember from the 3 spider-man comics I read when I was 7 or something 2 decades ago.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
seems like superheros are kind of like escalation/militarization of the police

like sure you go ah but we need the superheros to fight the super villains but there weren't any super villains running around before there were superheros it seems like. and iirc most of spiderman's enemies are just trying to seek vengeance on spiderman and wrecking a bunch of innocent lives in the process.

idk we should end this super menace imo

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Because with great power comes great responsibility. To suck it!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Moridin920 posted:

seems like superheros are kind of like escalation/militarization of the police

like sure you go ah but we need the superheros to fight the super villains but there weren't any super villains running around before there were superheros it seems like. and iirc most of spiderman's enemies are just trying to seek vengeance on spiderman and wrecking a bunch of innocent lives in the process.

idk we should end this super menace imo

but even if we got rid of superheroes it wouldn't stop villains, face it the only thing that stops a bad guy with a superpower is a good guy with a superpower.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
He looks like a jackass when hanging upside down.

Manspreads spreadier than I done ever seen spread. Look at the comic from this very page as proof. I spread a lil too but this is clearly excessive. His balls are not THAT hot.

He's got a hella smart mouth.

His powers are dumb.

Toby maguire has a stupid face.

And an annoying voice.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

the entire city is covered in spiderjizz and he leaves hand and feet marks all over skyscraper windows.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Ork of Fiction posted:

If police find a guy tied up to a lamp post with a gun and a kilo of cocaine, they can't actually prosecute him. No one 'pieder man captures could be tried in court successfully since he taints every piece of evidence.

He a menace.

the police would totally execute the tied up man for resisting arrest tho

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Because with great power comes great responsibility. To suck it!

Spiderman is a member of Degeneration X?
maybe that's it

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtx18tPNda4

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they peein on me

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't know how anyone could be mad at spiderman based on his movies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvNLlwkwP64

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Spiderman is a mooch, every couple weeks he asks me for a few bucks til payday and he ain't never paid me any back

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

spider-man smashed through the walls of my apartment and didn't pay for it. my insurance won't cover superhero-related claims so I'm basically hosed. also I'm pretty sure that slick gently caress stole my wallet right before he punched eight arms guy through my bedroom closet to the house across the street

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ork of Fiction posted:

He a menace.

I'm pretty sure there was an actual Spider-Man comic that was about this.

• Locked thread