Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

8 is way easier than 7. you should play 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Endorph posted:

tbh id rather play fe6 than fe9 because fe9 might have better game design but it's also slow as gently caress

Hot take i think 10 was the best. But 11 was my favorite. i know youre going to crucify me for that but being able to reclass your paladin into a helpless bishop is far superior than branched promotions

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

Endorph posted:

all these mods futilely trolling while i, a true gamer, help this man beat fire emblem 6

and yes it is appreciated, you helping me further my addiction to old, somewhat obscure gameboy games even though i have schoolwork to do.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DildenAnders posted:

Hot take i think 10 was the best. But 11 was my favorite. i know youre going to crucify me for that but being able to reclass your paladin into a helpless bishop is far superior than branched promotions

I kind of want to crucify you for unironically using "hot take", are you an ESPN host or something?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I kind of want to crucify you for unironically using "hot take", are you an ESPN host or something?

HOT TAKE: Sophia worth leveling?

*former football players yell over each other in front of screen that compares Raigh and Sophia's 20/1 averages*

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hey Facts, I didn't want to waste your time with a PM so: what's the current rules on ROMs talk? IIRC a while back there was like a "everything Genesis/SNES and older is kosher" kind of thing, but nowadays i'm not as sure.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i use hot take but when im talking about which girls i want to kiss

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

it is not wholly unironic.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
12 is the best, would recommend highly

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I confess, I've never played a FE. Is it some kind of Iron?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames posted:

I confess, I've never played a FE. Is it some kind of Iron?

yeah but only if you're still at d-rank

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

You're gonna want to bring Niccolo, Miles, and Laurence down the mountain and reunite them with Judith, Ferris, Clover, Rowan and Willow. Once you've regrouped, carefully work your way up to Vincent and show him who's boss.

Chapter 11's not too tough.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Endorph posted:

severe lack of hot takes in fe6

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

echidna's cool but I don't want really feel the need to smooch her

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Ruggington posted:

echidna's cool but I don't want really feel the need to smooch her

would definitely smooch Guinivere

also Idenn

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 14, 2016

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DildenAnders posted:

Yup thats it thanks. Now i have to arena abuse lugh rutger and allen again ):

man i was on board with you but arena abuse? really? do you beat bosses by wearing their weapons down? jesus christ

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
why the gently caress would youy play one of the obsolete games where you can't have your self insert kiss cute anime girls

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

FPzero posted:

You're gonna want to bring Niccolo, Miles, and Laurence down the mountain and reunite them with Judith, Ferris, Clover, Rowan and Willow. Once you've regrouped, carefully work your way up to Vincent and show him who's boss.

Chapter 11's not too tough.

Um, Willow's in chapter 16.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

which girls do you want to kiss

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hey Facts, I didn't want to waste your time with a PM so: what's the current rules on ROMs talk? IIRC a while back there was like a "everything Genesis/SNES and older is kosher" kind of thing, but nowadays i'm not as sure.
Discussion is fine. Linking to websites or pointing people to where to get them is not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also PMs are good because I might miss posts but will always see a PM.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

What game is this actually from?

7th Guest

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

Looper posted:

man i was on board with you but arena abuse? really? do you beat bosses by wearing their weapons down? jesus christ

No i just run people through the arena until theyre good. I dont boss abuse im not some sort of masochist

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
are you friends with junpei (non-hyde?) tell him i said hi

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I liked other-Junpei, he should post more.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I liked other-Junpei, he should post more.

He posts a lot in the Etrian Odyssey thread. It's a series for TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS so you'd fit right in.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Does Etrian Odyssey have ULTRA-VIOLENCE?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
You can have lion-men that light their blood on fire to swing their dual katanas better in order to brutally stab a baby.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

alcharagia posted:

You can have lion-men that light their blood on fire to swing their dual katanas better in order to brutally stab a baby.

Go on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alcharagia posted:

digimon tamers?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
In Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, you literally eat your slain foes. You take them to your personal restaurant and fix them up in delicious dishes. Robots? Mysterious alien gelatin? Dragons? Eat that poo poo, it's delicious.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

DildenAnders posted:

ive played 8 [...] My brother told me 7 is too easy

Banish your brother to the shadow realm.

alcharagia posted:

In Etrian Odyssey Untold 2, you literally eat your slain foes. You take them to your personal restaurant and fix them up in delicious dishes. Robots? Mysterious alien gelatin? Dragons? Eat that poo poo, it's delicious.

I too miss the Final Fantasy Legend series

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Does Etrian Odyssey have ULTRA-VIOLENCE?

I'm p sure EO5 has QUAD WIELDING, so yes.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'm p sure EO5 has QUAD WIELDING, so yes.

so, 2 in my hands, 1 in my mouth like that dude in that anime One Piece, and the last one...in my butt? Or is this some sort of crazy fantasy world where my dick can somehow grasp a blade

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

so, 2 in my hands, 1 in my mouth like that dude in that anime One Piece, and the last one...in my butt? Or is this some sort of crazy fantasy world where my dick can somehow grasp a blade

one per hand, and one per arm

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

There's a race of 4 armed dudes iirc

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

alcharagia posted:

one per hand, and one per arm

oh man so I'm like that dumb Star Wars guy!

Junpei Hyde posted:

There's a race of 4 armed dudes iirc

I like my idea better

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
no they're not four-armed. it is like that guy from star wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted: