Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Was promised a good show from the OP, and 1 and 3/4 episodes in, I am inclined to agree. Quite strongly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Buddies!!!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

2 episodes left for the buddies to confess and/or kiss. Come on Amanchu, don't fail me.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 9, 2016

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

2 episodes left for the buddies to confess and/or kiss. Come on Amanchu, don't fail me.

Today was practically a marriage proposal already.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

nielsm posted:

Today was practically a marriage proposal already.

All the more reason for them to just make it official already. :colbert:

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

That's a pretty cool bit of detail right there. I was really expecting it to be 10:00:00, but they went over by a realistic amount (ie. the same amount I consistently went over when trying to stop right on the numbers as a kid).

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

nice room!!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Oh wow, I missed that.

Are Big Sis and Big Bro broke?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They've got a house so they can't be that bad off.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's a teenage lad, he's got his wanking tissues and that's all he needs. Why chuck out your rubbish today when you can do it tomorrow and just have another wank?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's a teenage lad, he's got his wanking tissues and that's all he needs. Why chuck out your rubbish today when you can do it tomorrow next week and just have another wank?

Remember, you have to separate your trash and each type is only picked up 1-2 times a week!

That's part of why you see trash pile up like that even for characters who aren't total slobs; you generally have to have it out before 8am on the right day to get it picked up (and you're not supposed to put it out the night before usually either, to prevent pests from getting into it), and if you miss the window you're stuck with a bag of trash in your room for another week.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

z0glin Warchief posted:

Remember, you have to separate your trash and each type is only picked up 1-2 times a week!

That's part of why you see trash pile up like that even for characters who aren't total slobs; you generally have to have it out before 8am on the right day to get it picked up (and you're not supposed to put it out the night before usually either, to prevent pests from getting into it), and if you miss the window you're stuck with a bag of trash in your room for another week.

Yea Japanese trash bags in the corner are more "I'm too lazy to put this somewhere more out of the way" than "I'm a gross slob".

Also this ep was yet another huge "I'm so gay for you Pikari" and I loved it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm sure today's experience with the baby buttcat will be quite valuable for when Teko and Pikari are married and adopt beautiful children to raise together.

Anyway, good episode, but the art felt a little off in a way I can't quite pin down.

Also, now that we're nearly done I'm curious - anyone who's read the manga care to say how faithful the show's been? Any real changes? Just curious.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Edit: Wrong thread.

Though, this does remind me that I need to catch up on this series. I'm behind.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
By the way, if anyone's looking for a new username, "baby buttcat" is probably available.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my not at all gay dive buddies are going to be elite moms for the kitten

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Great finale to a great show. The whole diving scene was raw euphoria shooting right into my veins. Also, YAAAAAAY PIKARI CONFESSED and they both looked so happy at the end!!! :kimchi: The show as a whole was just extremely well animated and very soothing, and I found Teko really relatable and endearing as a main character. I almost wonder what the rest of the manga is even about - the show we got feels very nice and complete.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
A very nice last episode! Glorious ocean diving at last, and a stunning confession of love followed by hand-holding! Amanchu has been a great chill-out show.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this was a fun and totally gay show

i would like a season 2

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

this was a fun and totally gay show

i would like a season 2

Yeah. Like I said, I'm not sure what more there really is to do from a story perspective, but then I think about it for a second and realize I totally wouldn't mind another 12 episodes of them just Abzu-ing it up and looking at cool fish and poo poo under the sea without any real plot at all.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah. Like I said, I'm not sure what more there really is to do from a story perspective, but then I think about it for a second and realize I totally wouldn't mind another 12 episodes of them just Abzu-ing it up and looking at cool fish and poo poo under the sea without any real plot at all.

The manga has more characters introduced, largely solo chapters, and spends more time on non-Teko/Pikari characters.

Teko also gains a rival.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

The manga has more characters introduced, largely solo chapters, and spends more time on non-Teko/Pikari characters.

Teko also gains a rival.

Wait - Is Teko gaining a rival as in someone who is competing with her for Pikari's affection, or someone who is competing with Pikari for hers? The way you worded that spoiler makes it sound like the former, but I would have sooner expected the latter.

clamp down and keep going
Jun 19, 2013
A good ending episode, it was nice see an excited Teko and the confession.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I will say, the last scene was very sweet in how it kind of inverted Teko and Pikari's roles compared to most of the show. I'm pretty sure it's the only time in the entire show Pikari's been remotely nervous or outwardly unsure in how she talks with someone else - note the way she stammers and goes "no you go first" when she and Teko go to thank each other at the same time (also, note that Teko was going to initiate the conversation on her own before Pikari nearly beat her to it, a significant step for the timid, terrified girl she'd been through most of the show), the way she opens up and talks about how worried she was that people would get annoyed and fed up with how she's always getting excited and trying to draw people into her adventures, and her initial inability to put her feelings for Teko into words. Then, when Teko reassures her and talks about how happy Pikari's made her, and how happy she is to finally have some passion for something and how much it's all meant to her, how happy she was that Pikari had dragged her along into the diving club, it's one of the first times in the whole series that Teko has done something tangible for Pikari, after spending much of the show's runtime leaning on Pikari as an emotional crutch. It makes their relationship much more equal and reciprocal than it was before. Even before Pikari's confession, this was really, really sweet, and absolutely the right note to end on IMO. And they conveyed all of that using just a handful of lines, too. Just a really, really great ending. Kind of reminds me Hyouka, now that I think of it.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 24, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
good show, gay show, very good last episode. I'd love a season 2 since it sounds like the manga goes more fun places, but if not it ended with a sweet enough conclusion to make it just fine as a standalone thing.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Peek Peek :3:

I'd shop at Squirrel Mart

:same:

:kimchi: I really liked this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
https://my.mixtape.moe/dvtdtk.webm

• Locked thread