Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Dr. Hurt posted:

Slimes are cool. But I wouldn't invite a slime into my house. He'd get all my animes dirty. Can you see the problem, Meinberg????

Slime gets phys resist at a super low level. He's a great friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
slimes are beautiful creatures and are quite loving once you get to know them

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Quidnose posted:

What's mine Meinberg

Odysseus

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Is that from Persona

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Is that from Persona

They are all from Persona. That was the joke.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
good joke

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

HI DR HURT

JakeP posted:

good joke

as is your life, friend.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

GOOD EVENING MG3.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dr. Hurt posted:

GOOD EVENING MG3.

How've you been? I haven't seen you around in a looooooooooooong time.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I have been quite well! I took a break from Mafia and then that sort of snowballed into me not playing any games or posting here at all. But I am doing alright. Hopefully I get into this game so I can get back into the groove. I hate to be an idiot, but have we talked before? Because I'd feel terrible if we had and then I just blacked it out.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dr. Hurt posted:

I have been quite well! I took a break from Mafia and then that sort of snowballed into me not playing any games or posting here at all. But I am doing alright. Hopefully I get into this game so I can get back into the groove. I hate to be an idiot, but have we talked before? Because I'd feel terrible if we had and then I just blacked it out.

We did but that was 3 iterations of this account before.

It's Magnus Gallant. :) We're the only NC mafia goons.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Oh drat! Magnus. I even looked at your profile to make sure I knew you or not. Dang I'm sorry. :whatup: NC Man.

I really have been gone too long.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dr. Hurt posted:

Oh drat! Magnus. I even looked at your profile to make sure I knew you or not. Dang I'm sorry. :whatup: NC Man.

I really have been gone too long.

It's ok, I kinda expected you to not know who I was for a second haha.

You still in NC? What are you up to?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

JakeP posted:

good joke

:thejoke:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MG3 posted:

It's ok, I kinda expected you to not know who I was for a second haha.

You still in NC? What are you up to?

Yeah I'm still in NC. I'm in Raleigh teaching history to terrible children. Spending most of my summer pinballing and trying not to die from the heat. What about you? What have you been up to?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dr. Hurt posted:

Yeah I'm still in NC. I'm in Raleigh teaching history to terrible children. Spending most of my summer pinballing and trying not to die from the heat. What about you? What have you been up to?

I'm an NC bro, working as a mechanic. I live close to you, it's a fun area, but I'm planning on moving to the Charlotte area soon to start a farm.

What year of students do ya teach?

MG3 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jul 30, 2016

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MG3 posted:

I'm an NC bro, working as a mechanic. I know it's weird but I remember you used to live in the RDU area (I have a good memory and sent you that SS gift, not a weirdo creeper I swear (my memory is good enough I remember your name even lol)), you still in the area? I live in Cary. Though I'm planning on buying some property in the Charlotte mecklenberg area to start a farm next year haha.

What year of students do ya teach?

Woah that's awesome! I went to college in the Charlotte area. Do you know where you want to do it? Also do you know what you are gonna end up farming?

I'm going to be teaching Juniors this year. Which is way way better than spending the last semester with Freshman. They are the absolute worst. I know most of the Juniors already and they're a good buncha kids so I think this is going to be a good year.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dr. Hurt posted:

Woah that's awesome! I went to college in the Charlotte area. Do you know where you want to do it? Also do you know what you are gonna end up farming?

I'm going to be teaching Juniors this year. Which is way way better than spending the last semester with Freshman. They are the absolute worst. I know most of the Juniors already and they're a good buncha kids so I think this is going to be a good year.

Did you go to UNC Charlotte? I went there from 2008-2009.

I think we are going to do it in Monroe. We are going to be an organic farm, with Chickens, maybe a cow and maybe some pigs. I think small scale pig farming is not really worth it though, other than for personal consumption. The cow would be a dairy cow, free to roam on the property. I really want to own some goats too. Goats seem like they're so chill and fun to be around.

We want to focus on intensive organic vegetable farming, selling at farmers markets and eventually selling shares of our crops directly to consumers.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Goats own. I got to hang with some goats earlier in the summer and they were the best. I've got a friend whose mom raises chickens and those things are terrifying. That sounds like a great plan.

I actually went to Queens, but I had a few friends who went to UNC Charlotte. It was a pretty neat campus. It's gonna be weird to think they're doing football there now.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Dr. Hurt posted:

Goats own. I got to hang with some goats earlier in the summer and they were the best. I've got a friend whose mom raises chickens and those things are terrifying. That sounds like a great plan.

I actually went to Queens, but I had a few friends who went to UNC Charlotte. It was a pretty neat campus. It's gonna be weird to think they're doing football there now.

Yeah it was annoying going there because the football team wasn't going to be a thing until I graduated. lol. I still watched the poo poo out of the 9ers female volleyball squad.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I go to a university called Queen's too let's be university name buddies!

Also Magnus there's a thread in PI about raising goats and another about raising chickens, I don't know if you've looked into those they're both pretty cool.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

my best friend here went to Queen's for his undergrad and we never ever get to forget it

"he went to queen's" is a running joke with the other people in the cohort.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when i went to college i had a queen bed so when i was done with school i went to queen's.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

my best friend here went to Queen's for his undergrad and we never ever get to forget it

"he went to queen's" is a running joke with the other people in the cohort.

Oh yeah, the undergrads are super entitled, it's hilarious. I got into Queen's for undergrad since we basically HAD to apply to a bunch of Ontario universities. They gave me a "non-monetary scholarship" which is basically a name but no money attached. I laughed and immediately turned them down.

I find UofT is worse for that kind of false prestige though. I went to their weekend meet and greets for potential grad students and it was just dripping with "lol of course you'll come here if we offer you a spot. It's UofT." Nevermind their offers came after the acceptance deadline of basically every other university and their funding packages were poo poo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Last 24 hours to sign up! I won't be finalizing the cast list until tomorrow night so if you have been thinking about it, now is the time!

Final reminder!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I don't feel like waiting a few more hours and everything is done, so I'm closing signups now. If you applied and were accepted expect a PM in the next hour or so.

I'll be closing this thread now. I'll post a link to the game when it opens on the 2nd.

I'll be opening the Vista this afternoon. The vast majority of the players chose Discord as their preferred means of communication, so the Vista will also be in Discord. I'll be giving a link to the Vista to those who already asked, but for anyone else interested either PM me or add me on Discord (Asiina#9874) and I'll add you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Game is now live!!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785277

• Locked thread