Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

My dad cleaned his house and dumped a big box of his childhood comic collection from the 70's , as well as my collection from the 90's off at my house.

I don't want these old books either and i want to sell them. I don't care about getting every last penny out of them, I just want them to go to a good collector or someone who will enjoy them so i'm looking for a price that's fair and also attractive enough that they will sell quickly. If there are any real standouts that I should sell separately or if i should break them into lots based on character let me know.

I don't know anything about comics in terms of value or condition but pretty much all the books are in what I consider good shape. the pages are yellowed with time but otherwise they are all intact and the worse wear on them is like the tip of a page corner here or there having a crease mark on it.

here's the collection and thanks in advance for ballparking this stuff for me. also sorry if i'm not supposed to post threads like this.

Silver Age Books:
Marvel Tales Starring Spiderman #'s 34,35,38, 39,61
Marvel Team up Featuring Spiderman... #'s 1-3, 5 (2 copies)
The Amazing Spiderman #'s 100, 101, 103, 105-108, 114, 130
Wonder Woman #218
New Gods #'s 4 (2 copies), 5
Daredevil #'s 80-82, 84, 85, 87, 89, 92-94, 125
Conan the Barbarian #8
Marvel Premiere Featuring... #'s 1, 2, 27
Amazing Adventures Featuring... #'s 9, 11, 12, 15
Sub-Mariner #'s 42-44, 46-51, Special #2
The Mighty Thor #'s 192, 193, 195-200, King size special #4, Special Marvel Edition #4
Xmen #'s 71, 76, King Size Special #2
Marvel Feature Presents... #'s 1, 3, 6
The Avengers #'s 92-94, 96 (2 copies) -101, 105, Giant SIze #2, Special #5
Captain America and the Falcon #'s 142-144, 147, 148, 150, 155, Special #2
Mister Miracle #2
Fantastic Four #'s 113. 114, 116, 199-123, 128, King Size Special #9
Forever People #'s 3, 5
Astonishing Tales # 7
Teen Titans #33
Captain Marvel #23
Fear #5
Marvels Greatest Comics #'s 33, 35, 39, 57
The Incredible Hulk #'s 144-146, 149 (2 copies), 150, 158, Special # 4
The Invincible Iron Man #'s 41-48, 51, 52
Godzilla King of Monsters # 1
Marvel Triple Action #'s 1-3, 7

My 90's collection:
Pretty much every single NEC The Tick comic and spin off series - I was pretty religious about tracking these down when I was 15 for some reason. I have about 3/4th of a cardbord comic storage box of just these.

And a pile of crap i think a friend left at my house in 1999:
Cable #1
The Death of superman
The Kevin Smith Daredevil run numbers 1-5
Clerks the comic book and its half dozen issues of stupid jay and silent bob spin offs
Maximum Carnage Spiderman unlimited #'s 1, 2
Image's Crimson and Battle Chasers with a bunch of alternate covers. I think I have all of these that were made at the time.

Thanks for helping and sorry again if posts like this aren't appreciated here.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jul 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Like i see this guy charging 250 for basically the same spiderman books that i have in what he calls good condition and i think to myself there's no loving way its worth that much. He's gotta be ripping people off right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spi...q8AAOSwEjFXd2Ni

Ivan Yurkinov
Jan 13, 2010
Comic book values are all about the condition of the books, and grading comics is some serious, serious nerd business. You should at least review the grading criteria ( http://comicspriceguide.com/comic-book-grading ) and see how it relates to your books before deciding the price. A good rule of thumb, especially if you are an amateur grader is to give a book 1 to 1/2 grade lower than you first determined to offset your seller's bias.

Some of those books should be worth some money in Fine or better condition. Good luck.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Yeah, I wouldn't even know where to begin on appraising these. My level of comic book appraisal knowledge is "HURR DURR XMEN NO.1 WORTH LOTS"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thanks for the replies. i'll do my research.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Real hurthling! posted:

thanks for the replies. i'll do my research.
Keep in mind you can also (ugh) send them off to get "Professionally Graded" for a fee. Much of this has to do with your intention of selling: if you want to get the bestest most accurate price for the individuals or as a lot, or if you just want them sold but at a price that won't have you feeling like a sucker.

Generally, your 90s stash probably isn't worth more than a fiver, if you're lucky. You might be able to get a price for the Tick collection if someone, for some reason, thinks its rare or just wants it.

The 70s stuff will require research. It could be "FIRST APPEARANCE OF" or "PLOTLINE X BEGINS HERE" type poo poo.

You can also check ebay and poo poo (as you've done with the spideybooks) and set a price for things that is in the ballpark of what you see to be the average.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Sometimes it's lightning in a bottle: There's a new Tick show coming out so it's possible the value of tick books (esp if they're 1st or early prints) may go up for a short time. Even New mutant 98 went up a bit more on account of dead pool's movie.

I once bought ASM 149 out of my then LCS back issue bin for, like, $4 because I was kid who would just buy old Spidermans if I had extra money. Flash forward like ten years and the Clone Saga crap starts and that book skyrocketed. For a brief amount of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Without pictures and approximate grades I would offer you $200 sight unseen.

• Locked thread