Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Dropship Down is a fun and intense twin-stick alien shooter for up to four players.

Hey folks. This is a game that I have made together with two other friends of mine. It started out as a project that we developed while waiting for our first game MIGHT to be Greenlit on Steam. It quickly developed into something that we felt was pretty fun especially together with some friends and it went through Greenlight in just six days so there's definitely some demand for a co-op shooter like this. We've kept working on it and now we feel that we're ready to put it into Early Access on Steam. It is being sold for $4.99 and there will be no pay walls or annoying grind to unlock content in the game. We give you everything and we'll be constantly updating the game during EA and after as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbn-XilmSg

Details
Dropship Down is a co-op alien shooter with twin-stick controls, filled to the brim with a horde of extraterrestrial bugs waiting to eat you and your marine buddies alive. Playing solo or with friends, you face the simple yet difficult challenge of surviving. At your disposal you have an array of exciting weaponry, from the humble but effective shotgun all the way up to the devastating plasma cannon and the blazing-hot flamethrower. You’ll also gain access to powerful gadgets such as the force field generator, the defensive turret and a ton of grenades and mines.

Killing a single bug is easy. You might even be able to taken down a hundred of them. But to withstand thousands upon thousands you need to understand their strengths and weaknesses, adapt your equipment and weaponry to hit them in their weak spots and co-operate with your squad to maintain an effective perimeter - if they’re still alive.

Right now you can start the game and play solo but the game supports 4 players co-opping online right now. We'll add local co-op as well and we already have controller support implemented. What we're looking at adding soon is more game modes and more maps but already you can get into the game and have some fun with friends. There's quite a bunch of weapons and gadgets already but more will be added so that you have even more ways to mess up and kill your friends since we have Friendly Fire enabled.

I had some awesome support when developing our first game from SA so this time around I'd like to offer you guys some Steam Keys as well. Here's 20 to be precise. Let me know which one you grabbed so I can cross them out, thanks! Would love to hear what you think about the game and if you'd leave a Steam Review on our store page that'd be cool too be it good or bad. If you have any questions then I'd be happy to answer :coffeepal:

quote:

76RKR-3KJMA-FWPEW
3GW5E-KEPD2-XDJXK
5L8Z6-7R6MY-8D5ZA
HWACI-PGDKM-6VWHC
GCZV4-C2LFW-JKG6N
P3GDC-EJF5R-93WFC
N0D3F-PVDFM-XM4VN
9T40P-8BNFI-Z0MDF
W8EAQ-QHZMK-HKT66
XD2ZN-LM43R-TCGDW
0H4QZ-4VXIY-3FKNG
3557V-E50I5-Y9G0V
KZNM7-0IH4Z-9AYQ7
XNMA3-X0Y6M-R5K2J
XIXW6-LX93B-JJT5M
W6BGT-48TXN-KPGG4
AJAPF-KG2QM-TWJNR
XNAVR-ZJ68H-P6KHQ
35PC9-CXGER-9RVDF
FR5M7-8ILKY-QHI7B
978Y5-M42Z5-J9Y4V
WX6BV-8EYGY-YWGLZ
HXVAZ-0ADA5-ZEH4Z
40XRG-Z6C87-T3E2Z
J0ZAP-XK95J-2BC3C
5LMC9-2T0Q7-GTYE8
W2IAY-ZERNZ-LJGFB
FEDPD-VAIP2-55DJE
YPIPW-MWP6Q-I07JG
PA0HJ-2PI8R-ZV7Z0

Do check out our Steam Store Page:

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jul 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
35PC9-CXGER-9RVDF
FR5M7-8ILKY-QHI7B

Took one, someone else took the other. Anything that reminds me of Alien Swarm is a-okay.

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die
AJAPF-KG2QM-TWJNR

Took that one.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

XNMA3-X0Y6M-R5K2J

i took this code, thank you very much

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I took

FR5M7-8ILKY-QHI7B

Because I liked your avatar. Will check the game now.

evilemu
Sep 26, 2005
XD2ZN-LM43R-TCGDW

Thanks! Looks like it should be some good couch co-op.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

W8EAQ-QHZMK-HKT66

Grabbin' dis, thank you! Eagerly awaiting local co-op!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Took 3GW5E-KEPD2-XDJXK, thanks dude, very generous!

Arcology
Nov 6, 2012
GCZV4-C2LFW-JKG6N

Just took this one, haven't played a twin stick that grabbed me since Geometry Wars but looking forward to trying this, thanks!

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I took the first one!

quote:

76RKR-3KJMA-FWPEW>

I will try it in the weekend and will leave a review.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Glad to see people grabbing some keys! I'll put up some more keys when we run out. We're working hard on adding in local co-op asap and it shouldn't take too long so for those that said they are looking forward to it I hope to not keep you waiting too long! Would super appreciated if you told friends about the game too even outside of SA. The hardest thing about putting up a game on Steam these days is to get it out there since there's tons of new games being released every single day.

Ninogan fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 21, 2016

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Grabbed 9T40P-8BNFI-Z0MDF.

Look forward to giving it a shot!

Leldorion
Jan 26, 2007
Took N0D3F-PVDFM-XM4VN. Let's see how this stacks up against helldivers.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I took this one. Thank you.

HWACI-PGDKM-6VWHC

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
5L8Z6-7R6MY-8D5ZA

I ninajed this. :ninja:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I grabbed one and then got distracted so I don't remember which one it was - probably 3557V-E50I5-Y9G0V?

Thanks for the key!

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I took, 0H4QZ-4VXIY-3FKNG, appreciated!

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

P3GDC-EJF5R-93WFC

I grabbed this, thank you.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Looks like they're all gone.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I should get some of my friends in on this, it's really difficult by myself. Thoughts:

The How to Play screen should go away when I click on Play, not sit there until I find the close button.
I'd really like to be able to close the buy screen with Escape if I've spent too long looking at gun options.
Why can I spend money on the weapon I already have? I spent $300 on the pistol thinking I was buying an upgrade, but I think it just gave me a new pistol.

All in all, I'm enjoying it!

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

bbcisdabomb posted:

I should get some of my friends in on this, it's really difficult by myself. Thoughts:

The How to Play screen should go away when I click on Play, not sit there until I find the close button.
I'd really like to be able to close the buy screen with Escape if I've spent too long looking at gun options.
Why can I spend money on the weapon I already have? I spent $300 on the pistol thinking I was buying an upgrade, but I think it just gave me a new pistol.

All in all, I'm enjoying it!

Glad to hear it and all good feedback, thanks :)!

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Looks like they're all gone.

I've added 10 more keys :coffeepal:

LIMBO KING
May 3, 2006

WX6BV-8EYGY-YWGLZ

Took this one, thank you.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

PA0HJ-2PI8R-ZV7Z0

Looks like fun!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
YPIPW-MWP6Q-I07JG

Grabbed this one. Thanks!

deathrat
May 25, 2010
W2IAY-ZERNZ-LJGFB

Grabbed this one, thank you!

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
this looks very cool, and you're a real sport for putting some sample codes up.

i used the following one: FEDPD-VAIP2-55DJE

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Just took HXVAZ-0ADA5-ZEH4Z, thanks!
I also tried PA0HJ-2PI8R-ZV7Z0 and one other and they were both taken, though I didn't note down the second one like an idiot, oops.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Took J0ZAP-XK95J-2BC3C. Looks like I know what I'm doing tonight. :pervert:

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Buddy gifted me Crimsonland a few weeks ago, making me all nostalgic about it, wishing there was a modern version of it. Thanks for providing that and adding multiplayer on top. Just picked it up on steam, though i'll probably still be playing EDF 4.1 for some time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I got in a few minutes solo this morning and I see a lot of potential for being an addictive time-killer. Looking forward to the local co-op so that I can play with other people.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

I got in a few minutes solo this morning and I see a lot of potential for being an addictive time-killer. Looking forward to the local co-op so that I can play with other people.

Glad to hear it!

Right now we're working on a bunch of things such as smaller updates to the game but also a proper in-game tutorial level, local co-op and more items + weapons.

In the next patch we'll be adding in the previously planned Supply Station. Being able to buy weapons mid round feels a bit off and also stresses out some players. Together with increased wait time between waves and this supply station we think the overall feel of buying new weapons (and later on certain items) will be improved.

Thanks for giving our little game a chance guys :)!

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Got it done faster than we thought. Here's the patch notes for patch 0.2.0.22: http://steamcommunity.com/games/501740/announcements/detail/954019544722714203

I'll post them here too.

quote:

UI Changes

• Improved invite UI used in lobby.
  • Updated some binding names under Controls settings.
  • Updated buy menu to more clearly show what weapons you currently have and what weapons you can afford.
  • Added pickup description text to the HUD.
  • Added “Current / Max” amount display to pickups

Game changes
  • Increased Credit Gain perk changed from 10% to 20% bonus.
  • Improved overall simulation performance.
  • Lowered price of PDW from 2000 to 1500 credits.
  • Slightly lowered Arachnid damage.
  • Made the initial waves easier to deal with.
  • Stimpack stack size increased to 5.
  • HE Grenade stack size increased to 5.
  • Machine Gun Turret stack size increased to 2.
  • Time between waves increased from 10 to 15 seconds.
  • Updated Shield Battery visual effect.
  • Added sound effect to when a player picks up an item.
  • Added supply station to all maps. You will only be able to buy weapons while at the supply station in between creep waves.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'll check out anything you guys work on!

All the keys in the OP are gone, though. Might want to cross them out. If you want to PM me one I'd definitely give it a go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

OK I just bought this, looking forward to checking it out!

• Locked thread