Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Oh sorry I forgot to also give you info. He's $hillary's vp pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nathilus posted:

Oh sorry I forgot to also give you info. He's $hillary's vp pick.

He represents me in the senate :downs:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Hector Beerlioz posted:

He represents me in the senate :downs:

He's apparently a pretty reliable, non-trash workhorse? Is this true? I'd never heard of him till yesterday.

A congressional republican was quoted in an article I read as saying something like: "Thinking of all the things I hate about tim kaine, drawing a blank. Grats to a stand up guy way to go dood!"

It's the cutest thing I've heard from a congressman since ever.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nathilus posted:

He's apparently a pretty reliable, non-trash workhorse? Is this true? I'd never heard of him till yesterday.

A congressional republican was quoted in an article I read as saying something like: "Thinking of all the things I hate about tim kaine, drawing a blank. Grats to a stand up guy way to go dood!"

take it to d&d, nerd

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Both Trump and Clinton elected to go the "pick someone really inoffensive and boring as the running mate just in case anyone out there was considering getting excited about seeing the entire ticket" strategy apparently

Kaine's an appeal to the center because HRC's campaign figures The Base will mostly fall in line due to Trump-fear (this is a reasonable assumption to make)

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Nathilus posted:

I mean he's pretty Catholic, doesn't like abortion, and is a huge fan of neoliberal economic policies. The only difference between him and a Republican is that he isn't currently overtly racist.

So he's the perfect match for Hillary.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Out of the ways HRC could outreach to moderate never-Trump Republicans, a VP pick is one of the most inoffensive ones :shrug:

Honestly part of me was rooting for Warren as VP, but part of me knows her work is too important to waste on the vice loving presidency

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I mean he's pretty Catholic, doesn't like abortion, and is a huge fan of neoliberal economic policies. The only difference between him and a Republican is that he isn't currently overtly racist.

So he's the perfect match for Hillary.

LOL. Status quo ticket got even quoier.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Out of the ways HRC could outreach to moderate never-Trump Republicans, a VP pick is one of the most inoffensive ones :shrug:

Honestly part of me was rooting for Warren as VP, but part of me knows her work is too important to waste on the vice loving presidency

hahaha

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is everyone on this forum retarded?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

dad gay. so what posted:

Uhhh....... Yes? Obviously????

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nathilus posted:

Uhhh....... Yes? Obviously????

oh right

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That was a Facebook-tier own honestly but I understand, it's Saturday morning and not everyone has had their coffee yet

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I met Tim Kaine once at a BBQ he's a pretty cool guy.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

That was a Facebook-tier own honestly but I understand, it's Saturday morning and not everyone has had their coffee yet

lol that you use facebook. so sad

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

loquacius posted:

Both Trump and Clinton elected to go the "pick someone really inoffensive and boring as the running mate just in case anyone out there was considering getting excited about seeing the entire ticket" strategy apparently

I can't really imagine anyone calling Mike Pence "inoffensive and boring".

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nathilus posted:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/x3j2f8/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-tim-kaine

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

criscodisco posted:

I can't really imagine anyone calling Mike Pence "inoffensive and boring".

From a Republican standpoint he is. The things we see as negatives about him they see as positives. He is the appeal to the conservative base that they didn't have with Trump.

Plus I was really speaking more in terms of "not a strong personality or presence in federal-level politics" anyway

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i don't care OP

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

:bahgawd:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

dad gay. so what posted:

Jump into the pacific fuckman!

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot
When i was young tim kaine came into my room and started playing with my ninja tuurtles and i was like "no mike" and he was like "yes" and i said don't touch my ninja tuurtles and he said make me and i said i'm telling my daddy and he was like your daddy is dead and i was like oh yeah but i'll still tell somebody and he got scared and sprinted away into the night with the grace of a graceful swan. I still have the ni nja tuurtle and every time i look at it i say "I'm disgusted by you, Tim Kaine!"

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Flavahbeast posted:

'Tim Kaine' is an anagram of 'Anti Mike.'

well i'm anti-tim kaine, so there :colbert:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

holy poo poo this is painful

i hope this man learned something about PR in the following six years

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
http://twitter.com/iglvzx/status/756666365625376768

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

lol. I think. It's either funny or scarily delusional.

• Locked thread