Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Phil you liar you didn't find your game at the British Open.

CHARGE YOUR loving PHONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

CHARGE YOUR loving PHONE

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm very upset that Phil made the cut.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I read an article on CBS about when John Daly played on the European Tour. There was an up-and-coming pro who he befriended, and one night that kid even attempted to match Long John drink-for-drink when they found out they both liked whiskey. Of course, the young pro failed, but it only made John like him more.

That young pro's name? Beef Johnston.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Troy Queef posted:

I read an article on CBS about when John Daly played on the European Tour. There was an up-and-coming pro who he befriended, and one night that kid even attempted to match Long John drink-for-drink when they found out they both liked whiskey. Of course, the young pro failed, but it only made John like him more.

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/07/27/andrew-beef-johnston-john-daly.html

God dammit that is awesome

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Troy Queef posted:

This is a very good development

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I just got on a bus to leave the course. We are soaked and muddy, but it was fun out there. Spent most of the day following Strickers group and BEEF. Beef is a lot of fun to follow, dude never stops smiling.

The weather is supposed to be bad the next few days. What happens if this theoretically goes until Tuesday? Can you just show up and watch? Do they sell tickets for the extra days?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
oh man that's like those old Steve Elkington stories of him trying to hang with Daly in the early 90's where it was summarized "the next morning Daly's out there on the first tee with a smoke and a bag of chips totally fine and I didn't feel right for a week, mate"

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

We're getting this rain here in upstate/central NY too and it's sooooo needed, plus the Women's British Open is on at least. Seems like there's no way they'll be able to finish this tournament tomorrow though which is a shame.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Suprfli6 posted:

We're getting this rain here in upstate/central NY too and it's sooooo needed, plus the Women's British Open is on at least. Seems like there's no way they'll be able to finish this tournament tomorrow though which is a shame.

What up upstate/central NY. Grew up there <3

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

EnsGDT posted:

What up upstate/central NY. Grew up there <3

Grillin up an extra spiedie for my departed homie

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

:siren: Online streams start in 10 minutes :siren: http://www.pga.com/pgachampionship/live/player.html

Stenson and Kaymer at 8am, Spieth at 9am.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Adam Scott is now -5 that motherfucker

mtr
May 15, 2008
How late will they be able to play? There's no chance the lead group finishes today?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

this is amazing

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Hey guys

know what Josh Lyman should do right about now?

Go charge his phone :v:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Walker deserves to win but holy gently caress is he boring to watch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suprfli6 posted:

Grillin up an extra spiedie for my departed homie

This guy knows what's up.

I was on the course for six hours today, rained pretty much the whole time. Now I'm home and it's sunny. You're welcome.

Followed Beef for a hole, he's the coolest cat on the course, loving every minute of it, and the gallery loves him.

I almost got killed by Russell Knox which was interesting.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Keyser S0ze posted:

Walker deserves to win but holy gently caress is he boring to watch.

He's a legit interesting guy off-course, though: not many other professional golfers can say that a photo of a nebula they took was published by NASA, or that they've had dinner with Neil deGrasse Tyson.

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
I don't watch golf much so maybe this isn't new, but I think it's pretty neat that CBS is showing the probability of holing a putt.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

sarehu posted:

I don't watch golf much so maybe this isn't new, but I think it's pretty neat that CBS is showing the probability of holing a putt.

It's been there for a few years now. Even cooler was the video game style animated grid on greens they had for the US Open.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Troy Queef posted:

He's a legit interesting guy off-course, though: not many other professional golfers can say that a photo of a nebula they took was published by NASA, or that they've had dinner with Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Wow I had never heard that, that's awesome.

Me, 5 minutes ago- WTF JDay, you need an eagle, why are you hitting an iron on the 18th tee?!?!
Me, now- :stare:

Me, even more now- Walker is clutch and probably just sealed the deal anyways, welp.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Aug 1, 2016

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
holy poo poo

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Whyyyyy would you hit 3W from 280 out when a par wins it outright lol

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
Strokes gained, motherfucker! Also maybe a lob from the rough is easier when nervous than not chunking it from the fairway? And did Day's kid just give us the finger?

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
3 footer to win.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

Hey guys

know what Josh Lyman should do right about now?

Go charge his phone :v:

I very briefly thought about picking Jimmy Walker but he hasn't played well recently and I didn't think he was ready to win a major. I've always liked his game and especially his equipment, which I would play straight up.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

STENSON :argh:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Walker was definitely on a few of the Top 10 lists banging around it was dependent on his putter big time (Jobu granted him 1 week like Stenson got).

DJE let us know where to send some paypal bitcoin trumpcoins.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

PM me an address and a brand/make of ball sucka

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:toot::woop::woop::toot:

E: Paypal is sgtbenwilcox at gee male dot com

I play Callaway Diablo Tours (if you can find them, they're not nearly as common these days) and Bridgestone E5s.

E2: ensGDT I sent you a PM. Other folks, let me know if you need my address.

E3: :toxx: if someone buys me those Duck Dynasty balls I will take them to Scotland and play at least 1 round with them :toxx:

DJExile fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DJExile posted:

:toot::woop::woop::toot:

E: Paypal is sgtbenwilcox at gee male dot com

I play Callaway Diablo Tours (if you can find them, they're not nearly as common these days) and Bridgestone E5s.

E2: ensGDT I sent you a PM. Other folks, let me know if you need my address.

E3: :toxx: if someone buys me those Duck Dynasty balls I will take them to Scotland and play at least 1 round with them :toxx:
Although I would save a few dollars by sending you some balls directly, I will do the economic efficient thing and send you :20bux:. Because screw shipping costs.

• Locked thread