Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
You ever think you were on mute on a conference call, and scream really loudly because of how boring the call is and you can't take it anymore, but then it turns out you weren't on mute and now everyone you works with thinks you are unstable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Nope, sorry. I just look at my phone and pretend to pay attention to the conference call and hope no one asks me any direct questions.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kuato posted:

Nope, sorry. I just look at my phone and pretend to pay attention to the conference call and hope no one asks me any direct questions.

I already smashed my phone from a previous conference call that was boring, i have to use headphones now and dial in from my computer

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Here is a picture of my phone for proof:

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
No, but I often fart into the handset

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

JakeP posted:

You ever think you were on mute on a conference call, and scream really loudly because of how boring the call is and you can't take it anymore, but then it turns out you weren't on mute and now everyone you works with thinks you are unstable?

No op, I only ever scream on the inside.

*bites fist*

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time
My life is not a movie.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

RobattoJesus posted:

No op, I only ever scream on the inside.

*bites fist*

what about when you just can't hold it in any more?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Randal posted:

My life is not a movie.

yeah no poo poo, they don't let ugly rear end gimp mother fuckers in movies

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

JakeP posted:

and now everyone you works with thinks you are unstable?
Hmm sounds like they're right :grin:

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Send them the picture of your smashed phone, that'll show 'em good!

Spagghentleman
Jan 1, 2013
I'm glad I work out of a truck and not in an office. No conference calls for me. I just have to deal with this blistering heat and a major case of swamp rear end.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I don't scream while on mute

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I don't scream while on mute

loving read the OP shitdick I wasn't on mute

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
one time my boss was talking to some idiot support guy at a vendor and he said "please move the phone" (since the call came in on my phone, and i'd handed the handset over, i figured he just wanted less tension on the handset cord)

"better?"

and then my boss starts wailing on his desk with the handset. BAM BAM BAM. "okay, you can unmute the phone now."

"...i thought you said 'move' the phone"

we had a good laugh about it afterward.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

one time my boss was talking to some idiot support guy at a vendor and he said "please move the phone" (since the call came in on my phone, and i'd handed the handset over, i figured he just wanted less tension on the handset cord)

"better?"

and then my boss starts wailing on his desk with the handset. BAM BAM BAM. "okay, you can unmute the phone now."

"...i thought you said 'move' the phone"

we had a good laugh about it afterward.

This owns

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Just lol if you work in an air conditioned office like a fuckin pansy and not slaving away outaide in the 100 degree heat

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

JakeP posted:

what about when you just can't hold it in any more?

I poo poo my pants

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

do people still use those "batphones" for conference calls

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I have to monitor various adobe connect and polycom conferences and deal with any issues that may arise. You have no idea what boring is, these are MAB and PHD economic students giving presentations and it might as well be in another language because I don't have a clue what the hell they are talking about, yet I must stay alert.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Yes

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Im a nice patient boy in control of actions and emotions, just a little skill I picked up in grades K-12. I don't yell or cry or hit things very often at all really.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

if you're lucky. if you're not you get saddled with a wireless touchscreen abomination and speakers in the ceiling. e; or, worse, videoconferencing.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 27, 2016

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
yes and then there was this record scratching sound that came out of nowhere

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Pipski posted:

if you're lucky. if you're not you get saddled with a wireless touchscreen abomination and speakers in the ceiling. e; or, worse, videoconferencing.

if you're lucky you don't have to take calls from a conference room with a bunch of other people at all. At least I can close my office door and dick around while on calls and no one will know

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i breathe heavily off mute on conference calls

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

Kuato once again proving he is a loving parasite leeching off the system gently caress you're a loving disgrace to capitalism gosh darn it Kuato!!!! If I find out your employers name your TOAST

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

JakeP posted:

not thinks, knows

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I work from home, so conference calls are no big deal. I put it on mute, put the speakerphone on with the volume way down, then just play some videogames or something. 2 hour conference calls are pretty fukkin rad.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ninety posted:

Im a nice patient boy in control of actions and emotions, just a little skill I picked up in grades K-12. I don't yell or cry or hit things very often at all really.

your weakness disgusts me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
No, but one time I was working from home and was on a conference call and I yawned but it sounded like Chewbacca roaring. I thought I was muted, but someone immediately said "What the hell what that?" and I just stayed silent and didn't admit guilt.

• Locked thread