Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Popular Human posted:

This is my least favorite part of Pathologic. There's a ton of parts where it's almost completely impossible to progress without looking at a guide, because the game is so opaque and bad about telling you what to do next. I think the devs intended you to play through it multiple times like Dead Rising, figuring more and more out each time, but considering a full playthrough of the game is like thirty hours long hahahaha gently caress that.

even though it's a piece of poo poo as a game people are still talking about it ten years later, meanwhile the undertales will have moved on to whatever visual novel pandered to them most recently

that being said pathologic is proof that video games can't be art, not the opposite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
We already know that video games can be art, Metroid Prime is the citizen Kane of video games.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

notZaar posted:

We already know that video games can be art, Metroid Prime is the citizen Kane of video games.

i thought that was Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I don't know the definition of art but I sure do like getting drunk and playing Rocket League where you hit a giant soccer ball with a rocket car in a colorful world.

I don't see how this experience could be improved so I assume the legacy is that they will stop making games that don't involve rocket cars.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

notZaar posted:

i played Prime as a kid and i spent most of my time examining the dead bodies at the beginning to see how they died

:angel:

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Popular Human posted:

This is my least favorite part of Pathologic. There's a ton of parts where it's almost completely impossible to progress without looking at a guide, because the game is so opaque and bad about telling you what to do next. I think the devs intended you to play through it multiple times like Dead Rising, figuring more and more out each time, but considering a full playthrough of the game is like thirty hours long hahahaha gently caress that.

This isn't true at all. You just have to make sure you always always have enough food in reserve. If you made it past the first day then you already know how to exploit the town's desperation to set yourself up financially.

You only ever have to do the main quests. Side missions often reward you less than the materials cost of doing them, but can help you understand the town better. Really just try to check in on everyone every day and you don't need a guide at all. Everyone fails day one on their first try.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
undertale is bad and gay and so is anyone who likes it

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

i played Prime as a kid and i spent most of my time examining the dead bodies at the beginning to see how they died

:angel:

Just like Orson Well's timeless performance of Bob Kane.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Teikanmi posted:

but you have a papyrus av!!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Teikanmi posted:

well now that's just rude

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i played for five minutes and stopped because why does this cartoon have random encounters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

subhuman filth posted:

This isn't true at all. You just have to make sure you always always have enough food in reserve. If you made it past the first day then you already know how to exploit the town's desperation to set yourself up financially.

You only ever have to do the main quests. Side missions often reward you less than the materials cost of doing them, but can help you understand the town better. Really just try to check in on everyone every day and you don't need a guide at all. Everyone fails day one on their first try.

I got through day one as the bachelor on my first try but then in the morning of day 2 a drunk killed me in like 2 hits and I realized that I hadn't saved and never played the game again.
I really want to play it, but just remembering how the game played, nah.

• Locked thread