Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hate the monkey, not the ape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.
the dinosaurs every kong fights are a metaphor for unwoke white people

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they should have him climb the WTC in this version and then the 9/11 plane hits him

maybe he dodges the first one but then the other one takes him by surprise!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

wait i got it. he punches both planes out of the sky and saves 9/11. then he pulls out a giant rear end american flag and everyone cheers for the hero monkey!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i ran your question through a supercomputer and it spat out a little piece of paper that said "i'm gay" :shrug:

a wise computer

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

Parallax Scroll posted:

wait i got it. he punches both planes out of the sky and saves 9/11. then he pulls out a giant rear end american flag and everyone cheers for the hero monkey!

Well you'd have to make the planes freaking huge so it wont be racist against muslims but then the ape is too small and youre back to square one

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
It's a spinoff of Godzilla. That's all.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
#konglivesmatter

There, debate is done, everything is fixed.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

then before they cut to credits, they show bin laden in his secret base and he's all like "that drat monkey! :argh:"

this sets things up for the sequel where they send kong to go stomp on the middle east

his one weakness is seeing hot ladies and that won't be an issue since they all got burkas on

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

FlimFlam Imam posted:

#konglivesmatter

There, debate is done, everything is fixed.

This joke isn't very good.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

FoxStrats posted:

.Also, at OP:

King Kong is peculiar insofar as it represents a very metaphysically empty slate for anyone to project their own fears, stereotypes and beliefs about race and the human condition as it relates to "non-human" identities. Several studies which examine this phenomenon have been done on not only this film, but Planet of the Apes and, when abandoning earthly fauna, Enemy Mine as well.

As for my own opinion, it could be racist, but any definitive answer is founded on the assumption that I can somehow perfectly read the mind of film's writers and directors, which is categorically false. People often wish to find racism, people often wish to not find it; due to this, it's difficult to properly diagnose racial prejudice in any form of media lest one lights the torch against a well-meaning director or, conversely, dismisses genuine claims against an ignorant one.

also, what the gently caress is "anti-racist"

thank you for the seriouspost obviously we cannot know the intent or mindset of the films creators but i kinda feel the fact that movie continues to be remade shows real tonedeafness in the movie making community to the easily drawn comparison to colonial exploitation and racism. personally i never thought about planet of the apes as a racial metaphor as the environmentalism and human=animal message of the films seemed very clear, king kong on the other hand has always made me a little suspicious as the "intended" message is kinda vague imo

here anti-racist would mean critical of racial conflict and exploitation probably a better word but gotta get dose racebait click throughs ya know

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q604eed4ad0&t=66s

the philosopher king of this generation sees the film as a potential metaphor for black success in america so i think this is a pretty valid topic of discussion

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
congo was pretty good i imagine that is what africa is like

also criterion collectoin classic "ernest goes to africa" features footage that represents africa

everybody what is your favorite kind of weed to smoke when you watch an ernest movie?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

reallivedinosaur posted:

congo was pretty good i imagine that is what africa is like

also criterion collectoin classic "ernest goes to africa" features footage that represents africa

everybody what is your favorite kind of weed to smoke when you watch an ernest movie?

congo as good as gently caress now theres a film with a message i can get behind

hang out with good gorillas while killing evil white gorillas with a laser til a volcano explodes then get hella paid in the form of a giant diamond that should really be given back to whichever impoverished nation that movie was set in

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sonofsilversign posted:

congo as good as gently caress now theres a film with a message i can get behind

hang out with good gorillas while killing evil white gorillas with a laser til a volcano explodes then get hella paid in the form of a giant diamond that should really be given back to whichever impoverished nation that movie was set in

the real message of Congo was Stop eating my sesame cake

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I enjoyed the King Kong remake :shrug:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

FlimFlam Imam posted:

They should make King Kong be King of the Planet of the Apes. That would be cool.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
They should do a Little King Kong. The plot is that some people end up on an island where instead of being giant versions of animals, there are little tiny versions of animals and Kong is about the size of 32-44oz drink.

Now spectacle is a Youtube channel of Tiny Kong fighting random things like a radio controlled car and 80s toy robots.

edit: It'd break my heart to see a tiny Kong smash the hell out of a Tomy Dingbot, but I'd watch it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
.. -- / --. .- -.-- / -..-. / -.-. ..- -.-. -.- / -..-. / .-.. --- .-..

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Nooner posted:

.. -- / --. .- -.-- / -..-. / -.-. ..- -.-. -.- / -..-. / .-.. --- .-..

qft

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Sonofsilversign posted:

my point is this piece of american mythology probably isnt very relevant in 2016 much less 2017 so this
lol

How do you feel about godzilla? Does the giant animal subgenre as a whole form a stratifying fault line along racial boundaries?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol

How do you feel about godzilla? Does the giant animal subgenre as a whole form a stratifying fault line along racial boundaries?

godzilla is very plainly about environmentalism and humanities insignificance in relation to the earth what did you only watch the 2000 version or something?

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
In the remake, there is a white man called black. Racist or anti racist?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
drat thats some subversive poo poo truely we are shifitng the racial paradigm in our modern times

depends if hes is the good guy or the bad guy tho

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sonofsilversign posted:

godzilla is very plainly about environmentalism and humanities insignificance in relation to the earth what did you only watch the 2000 version or something?

OK so what is Attack of the 500 Foot Woman about?

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

notZaar posted:

A large woman who attacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

notZaar posted:

Feminism was a scary concept at the time.

• Locked thread