Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
hotdogs? I knew you were a pervert, but this is just- just-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
They do it in Japan, I've seen the pictures.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

as if that's ever been an excuse for deviant behavior!

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
This is cultural oppression.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

reallivedinosaur posted:

you already lost the debate flat earth confirmed

CHECK MATE JACK ASSES

i want to believe in the ball earth, i really do but homeboys science is too tight! i mean watch him debunk this debunking video, it is a clinic in masterful logical nonsense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jNA1TjvZa8

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JiveHonky posted:

i want to believe in the ball earth, i really do but homeboys science is too tight! i mean watch him debunk this debunking video, it is a clinic in masterful logical nonsense

Wow, he really makes some good points.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
's not very flat, it's got all these bumps in it. ALmost twisted my ankle stepping in a hole the other day. I don't see how anyone could say it's flat.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Hell the next street over goes up a hill that's like a 10 degree incline. checkmate, flatailures

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
So you guys are saying lizard people live below us? Could we dig a hole and is an airplane or a heel opted or something g to go visit them? I would like to meet some. And who lives above us? Is it like angels or aliens or who? I would like to see them too.

Sorry for the dumb q's, I am a newbie convert to flat earth.

JiveHonky posted:

That's my poo poo I am totally about this video.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Peebla posted:

So you guys are saying lizard people live below us? Could we dig a hole and is an airplane or a heel opted or something g to go visit them? I would like to meet some. And who lives above us? Is it like angels or aliens or who? I would like to see them too.

Sorry for the dumb q's, I am a newbie convert to flat earth.

That's my poo poo I am totally about this video.

You have to jump over the side to get there. You can't dig a hole because you can't dig a hole through a 2d manifold; there's no other side to dig to.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

JiveHonky posted:

This ignoramus is doing more ham than good; he seems to think the Earth is some kind of flat 3d disc in space. loving idiot. The Earth is 2d and space is curved around it. Everyone knows Australia isn't all curved and elongated like he shows.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
supposubly there is a dome covering the flat earth and outside that there is water.

seriously, thats what they believe.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

JiveHonky posted:

supposubly there is a dome covering the flat earth and outside that there is water.

seriously, thats what they believe.

Well it would explain why you cant breathe in space

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
That flat earth wiki is a pro click. All the citations go back to their site too.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
If the earth is flat why is that a fact worth concealing? Does Big Cartography make a killing in the globe market?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oberleutnant posted:

If the earth is flat why is that a fact worth concealing? Does Big Cartography make a killing in the globe market?

The East India company (which was backed by the Illuminati) had a monopoly on the spice route and they were charging everyone extra for all the time it took them to sail 'around' the earth.

That's just a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the explanation put forwards by the flat earthers.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I wonder what the proportion of true believers are versus people that are role playing as true believers.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Can we just be serious for one loving moment here? If the earth were NOT round then bowling balls wouldn't be able to curve and my average would be 0.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Germstore posted:

I wonder what the proportion of true believers are versus people that are role playing as true believers.

That one dude has made at least 250k trolling people with his self-published half-assed "flat earth proofs" for retard geniuses to debunk on youtube or tumblr.

Unlike the ancient aliens guy, they don't even pretend to believe what they write or attempt to make it sound reasonable.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

actually the reason for this is because antarctica is gay

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Why aren't we allowed to fly over Antarctica?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

criscodisco posted:

Why aren't we allowed to fly over Antarctica?

The Penguins have an overwhelming amount of SAM sites.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Those flight paths do exist or at least some of them. They wouldn't be straight lines with that projections. Flat earthers will tell you that the flights are always cancelled and you can only book them to keep up appearances.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I think I'd prefer not to fly over Antarctica if I'm being honest. Over the ocean at least I could swim to an island and eat boar and love in a palm frond tent on the beach. Crash in Antarctica and it's gonna turn into an Alive situation for sure.

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

nasa patrols the perimeter of the earth like an IRL "Night's Watch"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Plus you'd be cold all the time gently caress that.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

What I love as that they tend to use panoramic images for proof by drawing a line across the 'flat' horizon. I've made thousands of panoramas and I tend to make the horizon flat in software when I stitch it together, it makes the image more pleasing and gets more of the image into a rectangular frame. if you leave the horizon as-is with standard projection you get quite a bit of curve on almost any wide angle picture of a 'straight horizon'

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

How do these people simultaneously believe that space exists and that the Earth is a flat disc in a dome with a light-bulb Sun orbiting right above it?

If you have to explain away Antarctica and satellites why even bother with the existence of a universe outside of Earth and its dome?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
lmao this idiot believe in satellites

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
let me clue you in buddy: all those things that dont jive up with flat earth hypothesis? fake

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

criscodisco posted:

Gravity keeps the water flat and level. No one is claiming gravity doesn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J18e30zTyE

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
This is the best Flat Earth map because the Author went that one step further from 'THE EARTH IS FLAT' to THE EARTH IS FLAT BUT IT'S ALSO A SQUARE FOR SOME REASON'

I'll be other more traditional Flat-Earthers thought he was a lunatic.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
The best refute to flat earth theory is how come the sky in the northern part the earth spins one way around it's axis (or point for flatties), when it spins the opposite way in the southern part.

Not one can explain that.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
That's just points on a map dude.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

happyhippy posted:

The best refute to flat earth theory is how come the sky in the northern part the earth spins one way around it's axis (or point for flatties), when it spins the opposite way in the southern part.

Not one can explain that.

ARGH! MY COGNITIVE DISSONANCE!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just finished reading this thread and, welp,

*tosses spherical globe in the garbage*

where can i buy a flat globe at ??

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

thathonkey posted:

just finished reading this thread and, welp,

*tosses spherical globe in the garbage*

where can i buy a flat globe at ??
Buying globes is for suckers, just print one out and you're done.

http://www.flat-earther.co.uk/flat-earth-maps/

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Lord Stephen Christ on youtube

This guy rules but he's an advocate for a concave earth, which is different to a flat earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Greenland is a lie.

• Locked thread