Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

THE LONG WALK

17: A Big Mouthful of August Gloop

so what's this then this is where you get to do something about writing that novel you've always had inside you and can finally get all the money respect sex nothing you deserve.

sounds cool how does it work round about the first day of every month I put a thread up and you post in it to say how much new writing you're gonna post by 2359 PST on the last day of that month. there might be a little general leeway at the end of the month, but don't count on it and don't ask for extensions.

lol imma post one word 'lol' there I won lol there's a 4k word minimum. you can pledge more if you like, but 4k is the ante.

how many terrible words have been written through this thread and the ones before it? 2,264,000. Some of them might have been good? idk

what happens if I gently caress it up every promise has to have a :toxx: attached. you fail, you get banned.

how should I post my stuff up to you, but a link to a gdoc with comments enabled is best that way you won't restrict your publication options later.

can I do short stories sure. It has to be new words (prose, poetry, limericks) but otherwise you can post whatever as long as you make the wordcount

can I critpost, shitpost, or shart my jorts don't really care, it's not the thunderdome so just follow the exhortations of your clotted goony heart but keep in mind that detailed crits of longform stuff aren't super useful; better to keep them general. normal CC rules apply so be harsh but helpful

is there an irc channel most of us hang out in #thunderdome

where are the previous months April, May June July, August, September, October , November, December, January, February, March, April, May
June, July

who tells the mods if i gently caress up and don't make it anyone can call in a failed toxx; if no one else does it I do

who checks i've done it i could just not and say i did lol you need to satisfy me, which isn't a high bar tbh, but I'll probably need to see something, up to you what that is

how long are you gonna do it for forever, i guess? we'll see

ock is another word for penis i know little buddy, i know

Long Walk 19: July goes Awry

Guinness13, 10k 1 sub MADE IT MARION
Ravenkult, 5k MADE IT?
Palespectres, 20k 5 subs MADE IT TO THE FALLOUT SHELTER
sittinghere, 20k, no td, 10k by 15/8 FAILED LIKE A FLAIL SNAIL
Besesoth, 7.5k MADE IT UP
Ironic twist 20 k MADEIT LIKE HE WAS PAID (for) IT

RECORD OF THE FALLEN

CHTHONIC BELL/A PAINTED BIRD... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X4)
KILLFAST37... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
MORNING BELL... DIDN'T MAKE IT
DR KLOCTOPUSSY... DIDN'T MAKE IT
BOMPACHO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
CRABROCK... DIDN'T MAKE IT
REDTONIC... DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
MARTELLO... DIDN'T MAKE IT
THEHOMEMASTER... DIDN'T MAKE IT
JONKED... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANIME WAS RIGHT... DIDN'T MAKE IT
MAG7.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
KURONA BRIGHT...DIDN'T MAKE IT (X2)
SITTING HERE.... DIDN'T MAKE IT(X2)
IRONIC TWIST.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
TEQUILAJESUS.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANOMIEATTHEGATES.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
ANGELOPPORTUNITY.... DIDN'T MAKE IT
SPECTRES OF AUTISM....DIDN'T MAKE IT
FLERP....DIDN'T MAKE IT
NEWTESTLEPER....DIDN'T MAKE IT

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
10k words, and 1 sub. :toxx:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

5k :toxx:

Easy mode 'cause I'm on vacation.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
20k words, 5 subs :toxx: :vd:

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
in 20K no TD :toxx: :drum:

I must have 10K done by 8/15 at 11:59 PM or mojo ban my soul

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I'm going on vacation and my birthday's this month, so I'm taking it easy on myself. 7500 words :toxx:

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
:toxx: for 20,007 words

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

plus the two TD stories puts me well over the limit for crap words this month. :eng99:

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Almost forgot I toxxed. Lucky for me I've already written my stuff. I'll be posting tomorrow.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

How y'all doing, pipe up. I'm on holiday so may be a little later or earlier than usual who can say it is a delectable mystery

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
I'm on track to hit my 7500 tomorrow. :)

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Yeah I made my meager goal. On my phone right now.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I wrote 6K on my novel, 2K on a short story and probably another 3K in outlines, which obviously doesn't equal out to 20K so I will take my ban. I'm excited to start over next month armed with a much stronger backbone for my novel story, though.

*reaches arms to the sky and waits to be smote*

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ok bye bye mushroom girl av :( :stoke: I will send the pm of doom when I get to London tomorrow in case you have a rush of blood to yr writing fingers

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I did 3200 words on a serial first chapter for a contest and another 3000 on a new short story.

What's a good image host now that imgur sucks?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
k like here are a buttload of links. a lot of rewriting.

my book, up 1.2k, first draft done tho im adding stuff in as i remember.

i got the idea from somewhere that notes count so char and setting notes:

2.3k in total

lol here come my gdocs

Paper Cuts, .95k

Maia, 1.47k

Megabrawl Story 4k

Novel Draft II (its called "Eyes") 8.8k

Hex Draft II 1.2k

Hex Draft III.87k

that all adds up to 20k and small change

subs: http://imgur.com/a/ipfht

sorted

take the moon fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 1, 2016

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Kicking myself for toxxing a sub. I got almost no editing done this month. But the good news (in a writing sense only) is I got laid off, so I'll have plenty of time for next month!

Progress on my second novel: I'm up to 19,261 words, up from 6,598 last month. Total of 12,663 new words.

Also started a new short story. 601 more words.

And my one sub! May the editor have mercy on my soul. (It's not bad, just not as polished as I'd have liked.)

Grand total of 13,264 words.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Whoops, got sick and forgot to post this last night.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Why am I not banned, where is the new thread, wtf is going on

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sorry for the delay cats, on holiday. Ravenkilt can u post a screenshot or sthng, cheers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

New threads up

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 4, 2016

• Locked thread