Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I'll take your word for it!

Argh, I really feel like I'm in a shocking position with his 3 unit supply depot in the middle.

G2 to G3 to F3 to E4, picking up all units each time, should end with 3
Move both units on G6 to F7

But the B3 refugee kills off my guy there and makes it pretty impossible to get recruitment over there, but if I don't move all units I've just listed, they die this turn.

Fat Turkey fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Radiation spreads to B4 and E6. Refugee lands B3 and starts eating everything.

Active: C5 & K2
Next: C5 & E1, refugee A2

USSR STARVATION
B3 - I'm assuming Rumda wants the US civ to die.

USSR ACTION
Rumda, you're up!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
All on G4 Move to F4
Threaten E3 to E4
Move all on F4 back to G4
F2 to G2

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Radiation to C5 and K2.

Active: C5 & E1, refugee A2
Next: B5 & J7

US STARVATION
E4 - 2 US civs die.
K2 - Neutral civ dies.

US ACTION
...okay Turkey. I'll level with you, this is looking pretty grim. Rumda's got you at a functional 3:1 advantage here. I'd probably call it, but there might still be a way out.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I think a gracious resignation is in hand here so I can get some tips about the misplays. I'd happily have a rematch though. Will read the other thread too.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Congratulations, Rumda! Communism prevails!

Now that you've finished the game, would you both do me a favor and answer some questions for me?

On a scale of 1-5,
A) How much did you enjoy the game?
B) How close would you say the game was?
C) How clear were the rules?
D) How much did luck determine the outcome of the game?
E) How much did your choices determine the outcome of the game?
F) If this game were available for ~$35 MSRP (with nicer art/pieces/etc) how inclined would you be to purchase it?

Please be both honest and harsh. I can't improve the game without accurate data. I welcome and encourage any additional comments you have about the game.

Finally, the most important question:

Would either of you like to play again?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Gutter Owl posted:

F) If this game were available for ~$35 MSRP (with nicer art/pieces/etc) how inclined would you be to purchase it?

A) 5 Yeah I enjoyed it a lot, the setup phase dragged a bit but I felt it was necessary for how I won the game.

B) 3 It did feel like I had an advantage a lot of the way through but until the last turn it felt tenuous and seeing the moves I eventually came up with didn't feel like they were obvious.

C) 4 I personally can't complain about the rules, I know I made the threaten pressgang mistake on my first turn, and I did miss the fact the a Move was any number from a hex, but that was more an issue with phone posting and not having a reference card in front of me while I was planning my turn.

D) 2 I this game in particular not even as much as it has seemed to in the other games, the Doomsday radiation while it didn't effect my back lines much I feel if it had it wouldn't have changed much.

E)4 Yeah as I mentioned above I feel like how I had set my pieces up initially informed the rest of the game especially with early placement of a soldier which locked down the top side of the map a bit allowing me to focus of the lower side.

F) 5

And I'm up for another at least.

Rumda fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Aug 20, 2016

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Gutter Owl posted:

Congratulations, Rumda! Communism prevails!

Now that you've finished the game, would you both do me a favor and answer some questions for me?

On a scale of 1-5,

Please be both honest and harsh. I can't improve the game without accurate data. I welcome and encourage any additional comments you have about the game.

Finally, the most important question:

Would either of you like to play again?

A) 4, I liked the theme and what we were trying to do
B) I don't know really. Knowing what I know now I misplayed the start, and Rumda outright outplayed me. It did FEEL like Rumda always had other units he could fall back on that could join the fight quickly, whereas my most western meeples were never getting a look in, but maybe I set up my battleline too far forward. In hindsight, it didn't make sense to have such a high line when he had the ability to increase his civs quicker and get to the front line quicker. So it felt like Russia just have the numbers, but I didn't give the US a fair crack.
C) 3 Examples after each type of move in the rulebook would really help. I can't pick at anythign being wrong, but I got the rules wrong a fair number of times; I had to play to get it to click.
D) 2 Don't know really. I don't feel a luck based event ever came out in my favour, but then you never do do you!
E) 4, I felt like I was reason I lost, not the luck.
F) That's about £25 in the UK. The components would have to be nice, you can get games with more stuff in for that money. £20 seems reasonable. But different markets here.

If our host is willing to reset it, I'll happily go again. I'd like to give the US another crack if I may.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Just a head's up, I'll be launching new threads on Monday.

The current plan is to swap everyone's factions and opponents. So that means Sailor Viy (US) vs Fat Turkey (USSR), and Rumda (US) vs Electric Hobo (USSR). If this is a problem, please let me know.

Additionally, to any spectators: If you want to jump into a game of MELTWATER, this is a good opportunity to let me know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

:siren: NEW THREADS ARE UP :siren:

[MELTWATER Playtest] As you know, the Premier loves surprises (Rumda vs Electric Hobo)
[MELTWATER Playtest] You ever seen a Commie drink a glass of water? (Sailor Viy vs Fat Turkey)

Go go go go

• Locked thread