Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Podima posted:

Thank you all for playing! This game was based off of the Too Many Scum setup, because of course that's appropriate for a mafia goon wedding.

Yep, when I saw the FBI agent flip I knew it was all vanilla town, and I just had to hunt scum. Killed Kashuno n1 because something triggered my scumdar, idr what precisely. AA was obvious scum #2.

I quickly popped in with my phone but I also queued up night actions in advance since I genuinely was AFK.

Good work Podima!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Revolver posted:

thank you for killing all the goons I invited

couldn't have gone better great wedding

I mean, how else were you going to actually win Mafia games?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's a shame that PBS vanished from the internet, but I think Ecco played a very solid game from my perspective. Even if PBS had been around I'm not sure how that last day would have worked out.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I'm the best :cool:

I knew it

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

EccoRaven posted:

both of those bits of evidence are why there's obviously an SK; the difference is aa wanted to look like a townie working out the game. his posts read as fake because he wants to show his thought process of coming to learn that there's an SK, but no reasonable town player would actually post those things like he did. he just posted what he thinks a townie would do. (because he is scum)

last post from me, I'm going to church then a baseball game, will not be around for deadline sorry! vote aa for scum!

this is sk post btw

just replace all the aa posts w/ ecco and the scum posts w/ sk

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I mean maybe but it wasn't a reasonable belief from the information presented; that's part of what told me you were scum.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

this is sk post btw

just replace all the aa posts w/ ecco and the scum posts w/ sk

nah that is called scumhunting, it was a good case and it was also correct.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Well, given that PBS wasn't around if he didn't get voted out the last day, it would have been a no-lynch and the SK still wins.

If you sign up for a game, play the game, man.

Thanks for hosting, Podima!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

scumhunting in a small game means you have an ulterior motive

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

trying is always a tell

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I mean maybe but probably not, at least not for ecco since I am normally a tryhard weenieloser. I think in smaller games where people are posting more casually it's actually much easier to scumhunt since scum make more obvious mistakes.

I'm thinking back to an ancient, ancient game (Bad Idea Mafia) where everyone was a vigilante. There were like 3 scum vs. something like 20 town, and the town won with only like 3 other town dying, because scum were so obviously scum because they weren't taking it seriously.

idk

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

posting paragraphs is a tell

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
o brave new mafia, with such posters in't.

you're right to an extent though. my posts against AA were initially much longer and I truncated them down significantly before posting.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

but gg

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

thanks! you too. I killed you because you found me out and had to die.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm fine with that. If PBS was around I would have thought differently about the situation, but I wasn't in any position to win there since PBS was no where to be seen, so unless I used magic to get Ecco to vote themself, it was lost anyway.

GG ecco.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

thanks! you too. I killed you because you found me out and had to die.

obv

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I always lose lylo as town.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i wish there were some mafia games to play

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i wish there were some mafia games to play

here's a game some jerk opened last week

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3784846

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

I mean maybe but it wasn't a reasonable belief from the information presented; that's part of what told me you were scum.

nah that is called scumhunting, it was a good case and it was also correct.

I don't know how to put my feels into words, but my mafia senses were on fire with your posting. I desperately wanted yo scream it's ecco, it's ecco! But you played well and stabbed yourself to victory.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont think i played a mafia game w/ vt in a month

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

seems dead

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

im reading through my posts in shine game i and it definitely is my best performance ever where i just call kashuno an autistic scum and izzhov a jewess until i reveal it was all a ruse and i was a hypercompetent player

dongsbot 9000 posted:

here ill post as izzhov for you

oy vey! the chutzpah of this meshuggehener. dont hock me a chainik, schmutz pisher.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im reading through my posts in shine game i and it definitely is my best performance ever where i just call kashuno an autistic scum and izzhov a jewess until i reveal it was all a ruse and i was a hypercompetent player

I was unironically really annoyed at you for 95% of Shine since you were being a complete poo poo - especially to Izzhov, who in no way deserved what she got.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Podima posted:

I was unironically really annoyed at you for 95% of Shine since you were being a complete poo poo - especially to Izzhov, who in no way deserved what she got.

Has izzhov come back since then?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Did anyone actually get my breadcrumb? Also thanks pod this was fun while it lasted

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Has izzhov come back since then?

No, but I'm gonna invite her back for Shine III.

Moatillata posted:

Did anyone actually get my breadcrumb? Also thanks pod this was fun while it lasted

What breadcrumb?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Cranberry juice reference

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

you have a UTI?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

EccoRaven posted:

you have a UTI?

Guess not

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Moatillata posted:

idgi

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
The departed. Uncover cop (Leo) orders it at a bar.

"What, are you on your period?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Moatillata posted:

The departed. Uncover cop (Leo) orders it at a bar.

"What, are you on your period?

Ah. Good crumb but yeah totally over my head.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

It's been a very long time since I've seen that film. I wouldn't have thought of it.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Same here but it's a good one. Need to watch that again and also gangs of new York (seeing a trend here?)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I go back and forth with Marty. I actually worked in their production office while they were shooting The Departed. Thelma, his editor, is a sweet old woman who is very, very good at her job. It was pretty funny to hear Jack Nicholson yelling about shoving cheese up his own rear end over and over again one day, and then have her come out of the office to ask if I can get her a sandwich.

I still really like Bringing out the Dead.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

IllegallySober posted:

Well, given that PBS wasn't around if he didn't get voted out the last day, it would have been a no-lynch and the SK still wins.

If you sign up for a game, play the game, man.

Thanks for hosting, Podima!

she

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ra was a cool hero

• Locked thread