Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would have to say out of all of the SA posters, I am definitely Hector Berlioz's biggest fan! Look at this badass mofo!

Listen to this badass mofo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFpRHw6lxUs

quote:

Hector Berlioz (11 December 1803 – 8 March 1869) was a French Romantic composer, best known for his compositions Symphonie fantastique and Grande messe des morts (Requiem). Berlioz made significant contributions to the modern orchestra with his Treatise on Instrumentation. He specified huge orchestral forces for some of his works, and conducted several concerts with more than 1,000 musicians. He also composed around 50 songs. His influence was critical for the further development of Romanticism, especially in composers like Richard Wagner, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, Franz Liszt, Richard Strauss, and Gustav Mahler.

Does anyone else here like Hector Berlioz? You don't as much as I do, I'm sure, but that's okay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Hector Beerlioz is not only a great musician; he's a damnfine poster too!

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS
Fucker's old as gently caress though. Probably still younger than gene

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
dude was bonkers but w/e he wrote flame chunes

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

if his poo poo isnt in a merry melodies cartoon i havent hear it

lol

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

"Hecter? I hardly knew a"

New Zealand murder suspect

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

quote:

I am in my 61st year; past hopes, past illusions, past high thoughts and lofty conceptions.
My son is almost always far away from me. I am alone. My contempt for the folly and baseness of mankind,
my hatred of its atrocious cruelty, have never been so intense.

And I say hourly to Death: 'When you will'. Why does he delay?

:same:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hector had sex with a seventeen year old girl in Puerto Rico one time and he thought he got his groove back but she asked him for some money in the morning. He was 40 at the time.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Voting 1

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

:confused:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like him

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
He's got a very sexy voice

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

I'm kidding, I love attention. Voting 5!

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ChrisHansen posted:

He's got a very sexy voice

he sounds like hawking with more tongue movement

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he is nothing without his face rear end av.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

i like that one song where he got super hosed up on opium and deamed about being taken to the scaffold... march to the scaffold i guess

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lollin' at those admins who tried to get all high and mighty with me about call out threads

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Serious Frolicking posted:

he is nothing without his face rear end av.

God i miss it

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would like to make it clear that this thread is about Hector Berlioz, NOT Hector Beerlioz.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
don't worry ralp can't get you anymore

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

OctoberBlues posted:

I would like to make it clear that this thread is about Hector Berlioz, NOT Hector Beerlioz.

oh i take back my earlier post

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
He's likable enough. I for one am glad for all of the (10) GBS regulars. Aside from Don Tacorleone, I was glad of his posting hiatus; wish he'd do that more often.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

OctoberBlues posted:

My bad, he makes good music. Once he dressed up as a woman and tried to kill his fiance.

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Kuato posted:

He's likable enough. I for one am glad for all of the (10) GBS regulars. Aside from Don Tacorleone, I was glad of his posting hiatus; wish he'd do that more often.

fail

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Kuato posted:

theres dozens of us, dozens

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Sheep-Goats posted:

Hector had sex with a seventeen year old girl in Puerto Rico one time and he thought he got his groove back but she asked him for some money in the morning. He was 40 at the time.

my favorite was when he was gonna marry his 18 year old slam-piece but her mom didn't want her tying up with some scrub so she plotted to get him out of the country so she could stealth marry her to some rich old gently caress. then when he found out he plotted to sneak into their estate in a maid outfit with akimbo pistols to murder-suicide the whole family but lost interest about half way back and decided to do a shitload of opium instead.

dude was a goon through and through

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hector binged on going to a gay bar under his apartment for a few weeks one spring. He wasn't even gay, he was just in there one time a blonde twink with an SS haircut leaned across his belly and looked up at him and just hung out there. Heck was like lol and reached down the back of his pants and wormed a finger up his chute. He was expecting him to pull away but he just stayed there and when he did finally leave he was replaced by another twink under the other arm. Heck would just spend a few hours in there stinkhooking gay boys left-right-left-right. The only reason he was even sticking around was for the twofer, but it never happened and he got bored of it and bought a do it yourself corned beef kit to occupy his time instead.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
drat heck...
Just smdh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Necc0 posted:

my favorite was when he was gonna marry his 18 year old slam-piece but her mom didn't want her tying up with some scrub so she plotted to get him out of the country so she could stealth marry her to some rich old gently caress. then when he found out he plotted to sneak into their estate in a maid outfit with akimbo pistols to murder-suicide the whole family but lost interest about half way back and decided to do a shitload of opium instead.

dude was a goon through and through

so what you're saying is legalize opium to discourage mass killings

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

My bad, he makes good music. Once he dressed up as a woman and tried to kill his fiance.

Who among us hasn't?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

Blue Train posted:

gently caress YEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Blue Train posted:

You can't kill people when you're spending all day on the toilet trying to poo poo

• Locked thread