Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
This is the team 2 OOC thread. Please re-post/link your character sheets in your first post for easy reference.

I'll add more to this post as time goes on. Listing NPCs locations, and all kinda fun stuff. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Lady Mavragariti "Supernova" The Outsider

Greetings Earthling! I am the Lady Mavragariti, or as you might know me, the young hero, Supernova! Do you think the name is a good fit? The regard your people seem to have for such routine events is a bit odd to me, but the other members of the team assured me it was an impressive sounding name, and would make people think "WOW, she is from space, and very important!" Personally, after a deal of research of my own, I had determined the most appropriate heroic name for a woman commonly associated with aliens would be Ripley, but again the team seemed to disagree? I suppose I have to take them at their word for these things, just like they do when I try to explain the Itarian culture and scientific advances to them. But that is why we're a team, after all!

Where do I come from? Haven't you heard any of the interviews that I did, they were all over the duo-dimensional viewers-that is, the TV. And in several of those weird glossy tree byproduct information rags. Well, I can grace you with another rendition I suppose, I've done it enough times already. I hail from the distant Itarian Intergalactic Empire! As the first daughter, and therefore heir, of the reigning Empress, I was born on the planet Itari (in the Itari Galaxy, Itari Galaxtic Cluster), and once I reached the appropriate age, I was sent off on the traditional mission of pioneering through uncharted galaxies -actually we'd scouted about half of what you call the Milky Way when I was sent here- looking for other forms of sentient life to observe.

Now here's the part no one else has heard. Technically, once I found you, I was supposed to observe your planet briefly, then return home and let professional Xenopologists take over studying, and potentially setting up an uplifting program. But, I canceled that plan for two reasons. First, when I arrived in the system, I found the corpse of a space whale in decaying orbit around your sun. When I scanned it, I found the genetic traces of Dramara Infestation! There were none on the body, but an infested space whale usually can contain enough Dramara Parasites to infect an entire city, and from there quickly overrun any planet they've established a foothold on.

A bioscan of the planet revealed far fewer than that, but at best I could pinpoint them all to being located in Halcyon City. The Dramara Swarm is the only real threat the the Itarian Empire -aside from pirates- as well as a threat to every form of life in the galaxy. The parasite burrows into the spinal column of its victim and works its way up to the brain, taking control of its host, while still retaining all its memories, so it can act like the perfect replica. Once they've taken over a planet, they turn it into a planetary factory to produce more ships to spread across the galaxy. We have them hemmed in in a distant Galaxy currently, but it seems like this one space whale escaped from a fight. It was badly damaged, which is probably why so few Dramar are here, but if I left, they'd be free to take over the planet, so I have to stay to fight.

My family, especially my mother - the Empress - would rather I leave, to make sure I stay safe, but depending on how long our ships take to get here - it could be years if the solar wind is bad and the cosmic web between galaxies causes problems -which it usually does- your entire species could be dead. But I know I can stop them, together with the help of the heroes here! ...Unfortunately, a lot of the heroes here don't believe me for some reason! It's disgraceful, why would I even have a reason to lie? Just because I implicated several important public figures in Halcyon City is no reason to doubt me! I'm the crown princess of the Itarian Intergalactic Empire, I wouldn't like about this!

A couple of them think I'm lying, most don't really believe me but aren't sure, and only a few actually are taking me seriously. The main one is The Horned Lady. A fellow lady, though she isn't an alien, as much as she looks like it. Apparently she was a human who was transformed by 'magic' and developed the gift of occasionally being able to see the future, and she once foresaw a "being of strange beauty and otherworldly splendor, coming to earth at the crest of a dark tide, coming to drown the world" it's obviously me, and she agrees! So she's been backing me up with the other heroes. I suppose that, and the good publicity that'd come from it are the reasons why they put me on this team. That and it's my rightful place as royalty.

The second reason I'm staying is, well... frankly... Even if you are primitive and generally uncivilized, I like it here. There's something here that the people have we don't back home. I think it's uncertainty. In the Empire, we've discovered basically everything there is to possibly know, but from my brief look of your history you just keep finding new ways to be even more wrong about bigger and bigger things. Fascinating.

The third reason, which is the most important one is I couldn't dream of letting anything happen to the intergalactic wonder you have hidden away on earth... Tom's Ice Cream Bowl. It's.... I don't understand why this man Tom isn't a national hero! This 'ice cream' is the most delicious thing I've tasted across several galaxies, it's hard to picture that a race so backwards as yours managed to invent something amazing. Once I'm the Empress, it's going to be the offical Royal Meal, and if I can, I'll be taking Tom and his place back with me to be the Imperial Caterer.

The Outsider posted:

Hero Name: Supernova

Look: woman, strange body, glowing eyes, flashy clothing, no costume.

Abilities: You can fly, and you're pretty tough.
Naturally! I wouldn't be much of an Itarian if I couldn't fly! Why do you think I have a tail? Well, I guess we don't really need them anymore for steering anymore, we evolved ourselves past that as a species thousands of years ago, but they do look rather nice, don't they? So we kept the tails. And having an prehensile limb always comes in handy. Or should I say taily? Is something only handy if you use your hand for it? Some days I think I'll despair ever mastering your primitive language. I believe we ended up evolving our bodies to be sturdier in general once we started spending so much time in space, and having it fall apart after a few weeks with no gravity was really rather unacceptable.
Alien Weaponry
It wouldn't be safe for me to be here without some stuff from back home. I've got my... what would you call it..? I think.... Nanotech would probably be the English word? A nanotech blade - no! Don't touch the edge! Empress, don't you know how sharp that thing is?? I'm putting this back away! I also brought my blaster for emergencies, it's, hmm... You all still think that the universe is made up of tiny little particles right? And if you split them up they explode? I'm not supposed to uplift other species if I can help it so uh, yeah, that's right! My blaster has one of those split particles trapped in stasis inside of it, so it's way more dangerous than the sword. I can control the power of it, but it's sooooo dangerous I just keep it locked up tight unless I'm about to die! And I've got some or really a bunch of other things but I'm sure you've gotten the idea already and don't need me to explain anymore.
Stunning Beauty
Well, it's kind of you to notice, though as the first daughter of our Empress, naturally I couldn't be anything but a ravishing beauty. Of course standards of beauty between Itarianoid Aliens does tend to change rather dramatically, for example on a planet not far from Itari home galaxy, the Sslslthoc people think that neon shades of skin is a sign of beauty, and that my lovely silver grey hues are distressingly plain. Really, some people are so uncivilized. But here on Earth at least you seem to have good taste, I've been the subject of no end of photographs and modeling requests, and I even featured on the covers of some of your 'fashion magazines' -what kind of planet uses paper still?- though I of course refused to display the 'swimwear' requested of me. Happily, I've found that even a smile or a wink has been enough to get me exceptionally speedy service at the local establishments throughout Halcyon City I've so far graced with my presence, which is just as it should be, considering the difference in our respective stations. As a princess, it's fitting that I be served best and first.

Though it can be a bit of trouble as well, I've had many people expressing interest and make romantic overtures at me, which simply won't do. Attention is nice, but but your species is far too primitive, and even if I was interested in amorous affairs with an alien, I've yet to meet anyone important enough socially to be the equivalent among humans as I am among Itarians. Which is rather rude really, I am visiting royalty!

Labels
Freak +2
Danger -1
Savior +0
Superior +2
Mundane +0

Outsider Moves
Alien Tech: When you alter a human device with your alien technology, roll + Freak. On a hit, you create a device that can do something impossible once and then fizzle. When you roll a 10+, choose one:
- it works exceptionally well
- you get an additional use out of it
On a miss, the device works, but it has a completely unintended side effect that the GM will reveal when you use it.

Kirby-craft: You have a vehicle, something from your home. Detail its look, and choose two strengths and two weaknesses.
My Solar Sailboard of course! I mean, I can fly with out it, so it's kind of redundant as far as that goes, but it's still incredibly fun and reminds me of back home where we used ride solar flares! I was very good, though some of the servants children were better. Ah well, I'm certainly the best on earth! Haha, as if anyone else here could us it!

When you are flying your ship, you can use it to unleash your powers, directly engage a threat, or defend someone using Superior.
Strengths: Fast & maneuverable, regenerating
Weaknesses: easily detectable, unarmed

Alien ways: Whenever you openly disregard or undermine an important Earth custom in favor of one of your own people’s customs, shift Superior up and any other Label down.

Moment of Truth: You embrace your home and call them for aid. They will answer your call—in force!—arriving exactly when you need them to turn the tide. They fight and serve you for the rest of the battle. Of course, when all is said and done...they’d probably like to take you home with them. You did, after all, just prove yourself worthy.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, take Influence over them if you show them meaningful affection, physical or emotional. They decide if it’s meaningful.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, they tell you what you should do to fit in more. Take +1 forward to do it, and mark potential if you do.

When our team first came together... We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Relationships
You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with _____________.
You have a crush on ________________ but you keep it under wraps.

Influence
You’re haughty, you think you’re better than them. Give no one Influence.

What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
Lady Mavragariti stands in an impossibly futuristic hall in front of an older and even more regal version of herself, obviously her mother. The two smile, hug, and Mavragariti turns to go. As she steps through the doors of the throne room, she steps into a small ship, and up to a window. The window looks out on a planet glowing with neon lights, surrounded by a swarm of massive ships. The view through the window zooms out slowly, slowly, gone.

She stands with her back to the camera, looking out the window still, and the view zooms in again, but the fleet is gone, the planet different... Earth. In zooms in further, through the window, onto earth, closer and closer until it's inside the top floor of a skyscraper, where a Dramara Parasite crawls out of a man in an impeccable suit's ear, writhes for a second, and then darts back in again. The camera pans to a large window, which suddenly cracks, shattering into a million pieces as Supernova flies in on her Solar Sailboard, the board ramming into the man's chest as she leaps off, brandishing her sword!

Head's turn like crazy as Supernova walks down a crowded city street, a look of aloof superiority on her face - until she spots an Ice Cream stand and her eyes widen - she might be starting to drool. She rushes forward into the mass of people, and when the camera get's out the other side of the crowd, she's sitting on a stool in front of it, eating hungrily out of a bowl stacked a foot high with scoops of ice cream.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Supernova
- You’ve got to be pretty experienced with aliens then. What other races have you seen hiding amongst the clueless humans? Is it in your view, a good or a bad thing they’re here?

It isn't entirely a bad thing, a few of the aliens I've seen here are from the Itraian Empire, and still actively part of it, just very far out of the way on their business. Those are generally willing to help if I need it, because they know when I return and am crowned I won't forgot their aid. But for the most part, all the aliens here are bad news, for both me and earth. With how far out of the center of all civilization your galaxy is, and how far out from the center of the galaxy your planet is, it's become, for some reason, an ideal refugee for criminals and outcasts.

The planet has become a den of smugglers and kidnappers. Just in my time here I've seen countless Kruts, Thranls, Electroneons, Wraiths and Biomorphs, though the latter are harder to pick out since they're so much better at disguising themselves as humans. Because of the morphing. They're all species with bad reputations that haven't assimilated into the Empire yet, though they aren't evil. More troubling, I've seen at least one Vreil - the Dramara's favorite host for fighting. Here, I'll show you a picture of one, you'll understand why.

A Vreil

..Yeah. The really bad part about this is that the Space Whale couldn't have gotten it here - aside from Dramara parasiting themselves inside of it, only a few species can survive an intergalactic trip inside the mouth of a Space Whale, and Vreil aren't one of them. So they must have managed to put together a cloning device somewhere in Halcyon City to grow their own Vreil shocktroops. It'd explain why I've only seen one so far, it takes a lot of time and energy to do that. Still. Bad news.

The worst species here -besides the Dramara obviously- that I've seen though are the... Well I won't tell you their real name, it won't mean anything. In English, they're called "Greys" apparently. Which, if you ask me is a pretty racist way to name them, based on the color of their flesh? And, you use it like its a negative, but let me tell you, just because some aliens have grey skin and are disgusting murderers doesn't mean it's because of the grey skin. I'm grey, and the only messing with your head I'll be doing is removing any Dramara from it! Bigots. When I saw one I almost attacked it on sight, they have a horrible, evil reputation. But it slipped away, and later when I went back over my research on your history and news, I found over a century of abductions and experimentation done on your race! It's disgusting! Everyone knows -everyone intelligent knows- that the easiest way to make scientific discoveries and find new beneficial genetic mutations is to capture members of a race with similar genetic structure to you but far lower developmentally, and experiment on your captives. The planet the species is on is helpless to stop you, so you don't have to fear any backlash from the inevitable over 99% mortality rate those experiments are going to have.

Naturally, we outlawed the practice generations ago, despite the setback it would cause to our scientific knowledge and species development, because it's too barbaric to allow- just like you wouldn't allow dissecting a person alive to find out how their body works, we don't allow 'dissecting' a mind to find out how to unlock its potential. The "Greys" refused to stop, along with countless other violations and their habit of constantly declaring war and then surrendering when we crushed them resulted in, I thought, them being wiped out. But apparently enough escaped to make it to earth to continue their research. Disgusting.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

- It’s got to be pretty tricky to adjust to living in some place that doesn’t immediately recognise your royalty. What steps are you taking to correct that oversight?

Yeah it's terrible. I've never been to a planet this backwater before. And so many primitive habits, I didn't think I'd ever meet a place that actually uses money. I mean really! Money?! It's ridiculous. Back home everyone just gives each other anything they need, because we all know that if we need something someone else will give it to us. It's much more civilized. Anyway. How I've been dealing with Earth being too backwards to understand and respect my royalty. Well, it's not difficult. Whenever someone 'important' on earth is having some event, I just show up even if they were too rude or stupid to invite me!

An example! Not long ago, the 'Queen' of your 'United Kingdoms' turned 90 not long ago. Naturally, as the daughter of the Galactic Empress, I was in attendance! The camera's rightly focused nearly as much on me as they did on her. But I'm not rude, so I made sure to give her a gift worth of her apparent status here on Earth, a simple electrum bracelet that projects a faint aurora of light across her to enhance her beauty as well as provided general protection from all sorts of standard laser weapons and radiation. I also gave her a collar to put on one of those weird small feral animals she likes to keep that'll allow it to speak human, but I'm not sure that one was actually a very good gift, they don't have anything intelligent to say. Still, she seemed to appreciate it.

More broadly, I tend to keep my royal Tiara on whenever I go out, just to help drive the point in.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

- That prophecy/vision sounds pretty vague, tell me about the other person it applies to. In what way do then fit the prophecy closer then you do?

You're pretty perspective! For a human. I don't think anyone else has noticed, but the prophecy doesn't actually say the person arriving is going to .... save earth. Just that they're going to show up with the 'tide' that'll drown the world. But since I'm undeniably a being of otherworldly splendor -though my beauty isn't exactly strange- and I have come to save Earth from the Dramara 'tide' it's obviously about me, and I'm here to save Earth. The Horned Lady agrees, but there are other interpretations...

A female Narlon named Theralyn showed up almost right after I did - showed up publically I mean - or rather she appeared to show up right after I did. I wasn't fooled - the Narlon live several galaxies over and don't have the technology to go traveling this far - so I did a scan and sure enough she's got one of the Dramara in her head. But some people think she fits the prophecy better, a few have even been stupid enough to say she's more of a strange beauty than I am - which, fair, she is a lot stranger, but definitely less beautiful.

And she does fit it better if you take the other reading, that she's here to lead the tide in drowning earth and taking it over. Even the tide bit works rather literally, Narlon's head tendril things have extra brains in them that give them a limited psychic control over water, so she could actually drown parts of the earth. Dramara tend to increase the power of species natural traits, so she'd be more dangerous than a regular one would be. If regular Narlon weren't generally peaceful.

"Theralyn"

Anyway, the worst bit is she's pretending to be a friendly alien like me, so I can't outright deal with her. Stupid Dramara are too smart for their own good, they realized that once I went public they couldn't take me on publicly, so they used the same trick.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

[If you're at school during your off time, what do you study? If you're not in school, what do you do to pass the time?

Sometimes I visit schools! It is an interesting experience, and they seem remarkably effective in their function as educational facilities, every time I go to one everyone always tries to learn as much as possible about me! It's very flattering, though I sometimes wonder if they shouldn't be learning about earth things. That was my original intention for going to them, but that's never happened. So I generally have better things to do with my time than to be fussed over by crowds of adoring humans, as enjoyable as it is. I usually spend my time researching earth customs by watching the countless two dimensional versions of holovids you use. They seem much more educational than anything that happened in school.

Other than that, I travel around your planet quite frequently, I am making it one of my goals here to taste delicacies from every 'nation' on your planet, and there are many varied and interesting places to visit, such as the large monuments and structures of reasonably impressive size considering how advanced your civilizations are. The natural land formations tend to be the more impressive, but your so called theme parks and tourist attractions are the most interesting thing of all! Though none quite live up to the thrill of riding solar flares across a system, roller coasters and the like are quite entertaining!

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Round 2 questions, part 1
Supernova

- Uh oh! You've mannaged to catch the attention of one of those... what do the human's call them again? Ohh! Conspiricy nuts! Who are they? And how are they a threat to you?

One? Please. There's an entire forum on your internet devoted to figuring out what the government is using me to distract them for, or what weird experiments they used to create me, or which new world order's aims I'm advancing. Most of this doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I suppose when you live with a government of elected people its only natural for the citizens to be suspicious of their leaders. Just another reason why a Monarchy is so much better. You always know exactly who is in charge.

But, there is one in particular who is a big problem! Two actually. Because they're both local. One of them claims to have been kidnapped by aliens, and is out for revenge, and apparently is too stupid to realize that there are more than one kind of 'alien' out there? But as the most visible one, he's taking out his grudge on me! The other one is the bigger problem, named Mike Richardson. He runs a... Radio broadcast out of his house, where he goes on about various plots all the time. But since that's his only job, he had lots of time free and has been trying to track me down.

My ship is well shielded, so the Dramara can detect it, they won't be able to locate it, even with modified technology available to them on earth. But if Mike is able to locate where it is based on constantly trailing me and recording sightings and all that sort of thing, they might be able to find out where it's located, which would be pretty bad news! I can't guard it all the time, and if people start showing up it's not like I can start blasting them because most of them will probably just be humans and not Dramara. Also it doesn't do my reputation any good to have some jerk broadcasting himself shouting about how I'm a government plot to mind control everyone into becoming mindless 'sheeple' whatever those are.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

- You got a very garbled message from home, it was difficult to understand, but what's your best guess about what it said?

I'm not sure why this message was so badly received, maybe a nebula galaxy was getting in the way of the communications? Usually communications back and forth are crisp, clear and almost instant. I might have to reroute further conversations through someone in a galaxy off on a tangent from us to get clear messages through. In any case, the message... it seemed to either be telling me or warning me that something was incoming, probably to earth, but maybe something happening back home? Probably earth though. It could be Itarian ships or more Dramara if I had to guess, thought it seems awfully fast for either of them.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter in this case, the message is obvious enough! Here's the log, any ---- is an indication that some of the message got swallowed there, but I can't tell how much. I've left off the first part which is just Mother (the Empress) being all soppy and talking about how much she loves me. Here we go, "~- Solar Winds are - average for this time, and the cosmic web is unsu-traversable. I've dispat- General Da-ir to Earth with - fast- ship to -s-t- you -om- and -ect ----mara. -ving within -xt- -ew Earth -s" The general is obviously General Dadamasiquir, he's one of my uncles. As for the rest of it, she's saying the Solar Winds are below average and the cosmic web is unusually easy to navigate, so she's sending General Dadamsiquir with his fastest ships to arrive and help me drive off the Dramara. And then she said he should be here in a few... weeks, probably. The journey isn't short enough to make in days with the current gating system so sparse in this direction.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Dec 9, 2016

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

quote:

I am Getterman Pink...why he wouldn't let me pick a name besides getterman I don't know. I've known Getterman for years, his grandpa ran the toystore next door and I would play with getterman a lot during our childhood. When Getterman's grandpa died, he wanted to do more for those around him so he became a superhero...and I became his sidekick. Getterman always played with toys and gizmos, I'm not really technologically inclined, instead I trained in martial arts, fighting and I worked on learning to actually investigate things. Getterman helped me learn to be really patient with his laziness at times, but still...we had something.

There was a gang that appeared a few years ago named the Danjuro gang started terrorizing the city and collecting weird stones in the shapes of hearts, those hearts would allow their mastermind to power up and control the world. At the beginning everything was fine and fun, I had a whip and a baton that I used to attack the bad guys and Getterman used his toys...then my father died in an accident caused by the Danjuro gang. They tried to stop the collapse of a building since they were after all - human but it was no use. I never forgave them after that...and was glad that they reformed. After we defeated the Danjuro gang everything quieted down when a rift appeared in our world...getterman went through rashly, thinking he could come back, followed by the Danjuro Gang -- good riddance. It's been two years since then and I got worried, so I entered in on my hover board that he left for me. A team of science themed superheroes appeared so I didn't really have much work to do anymore so I entered in to find a Getterman.

However -
This world was not the world getterman entered. I could already tell as no one had ever heard of getterman being real, nor seen a giant cat-tank that fought crime. What's worse is that the rift wouldn't me come back home...so I was stuck. I decided to get shelter as an alien, the government was more than willing to help with that and I got a place to live. It took a while but I got into a good school where I met many good friends, including my neighbor, a young apparently fortune teller named Jasmine, I got a job as a Barista to get me by and my real identiy, Amy Greene, had a new life to grow and new people that she could count on. By night however, I put on my domino and I became getterman pink, and I went and fought street crime. I decided to keep my secret identity a secret here mostly because even though I am new, if I am going to settle down for the time and get a life put back together, it would really suck if my dorm got blown up again and again...however...I...kinda did tell Jasmine that I am actually Getterman Pink, and at first she was sure I was lying since Getterman was a TV show but I assured her with my whip and baton that I was the real one and I guess she bought it.

The coffee shop I work at is a small local joint unlike that burnt stuff you get at the Halcyon Coffee Co, and we serve the best coffee in all of Halcyon city. It's also were I gather information about new rumors and stuff that is going on. School at Halcyon High is also great! I got a best friend in Jasmine who goes to the same class as me and I got a friend named Carlos who just loves to say puns for whatever reason! I guess you could say I have multiple personalities...and I apologize, you see when I talk about my life as Getterman Pink, I am more work-focused and less fun-happy-go time...but when I talk about my life as Amy Greene, I become all sorts of bubbly, because its there that I can escape the feelings of regret for not being able to see or hear from getterman...besides watching old reruns and a remake that is apparently going with him teaming up with a bunch of other teens apparently. Weeeeirrrddd. And I never heard anything from getterman until rather recently when I receieved a letter from him explaining his current situation. I can tell you it really hurt...and for a while I was totally bummed out.

Eventually, when I got home from work, a man by the name of The Iron Fist was standing in my dorm and made a proposition, I join the Alliance Initiative, I help the world, be the hero I really am and they will help me get back to the world I came from eventually. I - of course - accepted and I was given a chance to join in and put in an application. He also helped me train...and by all rights he has sort of become a father figure to me. He helps me train, he helps me when I am down and his ever chipperness keeps me from falling too far into depression about being completely separated from my world and Getterman. At times though, it feels as though The Iron First doesn't approve of me being a superhero, that I am not strong, or skilled enough to really be a hero, but I am going to fight to protect the world and those I care about even if all hell breaks out...that includes the team if they hire me...after all, a team is best functioning when all the wheels are working in conjunction.

- (optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?
first off there would be black silhouettes of all the team members - Getterman Pink included - running in alternating directions (left and right alternating), eventually showing each of us. She would be somewhere in the middle, lashing her whip leftward, the side of the whip giving the director's name as the whip stretched out, only to disappear when pulled back, when the group came together she would be standing in the middle, a really happy smile, bringing a vibrant mood to the faces in the intro.

Thread titleYoung Hero Alliance 2.0; now with Flash!

quote:

Labels
Freak: -1
Danger: 0
Savior: 0
Superior: +1
Mundane: +3

Look: Woman, White, Boring Clothing, Iconic Costume, Small Mask (Domino)
Abilities: Heightened Physical Abilities (Strenght, Agility, Toughness), Impossible Mobility

Janus Moves
The Mask: You wear a mask and hide your real
identity. Choose what Label you try to embody
while wearing your mask:
□ Danger
Once per session, you can affirm either your hero
or secret identity to switch your Mundane with
your mask's Label.
The first time you reveal your true identity to
someone, mark potential

I'll save you!: You're willing to pay high costs to keep your loved ones safe.
Reveal your secret identity to someone watching or mark a condition to defend a loved one as if you rolled a 12+

Mild-Mannered: When you try to use your civilian identity to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll + Mundane.
On a hit they buy your facade. On a 7-9, choose one:
- You're still under observation.
- You leave something incriminating behind
- You're forced to make a fool of yourself to sell it

Secret Identities
Your mundane life comes with a series of obligations. Choose a total of 3 obligations.
Job: Barista
School: Schoolwork
Social: Best Friend

When time passes, roll + your Mundane to see how you're managing your obligations. On a 10+,
things are going okay---you have an opportunity or advantage thanks to one of your obligations.
On a 7-9, you've lapsed on one obligation, your choice. On a miss, you haven't given your normal
life anywhere near the attention it deserves; the GM chooses two obligations that are going to bite
you in the butt.

quote:

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Sounds like things are actually going somewhat well! But, you’ve heard a rumour of something coming through another rift much like the one you came through that chills you. What is it?
Yeah I would say life has been going pretty good, I seem to really be settling down...

That rumor though...with the Danjuro gang gone there were only a couple of villains left, all incarcerated or working through their issues, except for one.

Professor Magique...it's a really dumb name...but that's what he calls himself and he is not a nice customer. He was a very violent offender, using his magic to steal, rob, and modify the world to his own whims...Getterman is the one that defeated him...with his GetterYo that he used while Getternyan distracted him from the action. Professor Magique's real name is Bob Hopper, a high school history teacher who ran the occult club of his high school. Bob Hopper lived a very...impoverished life. His wife recently left him and his child hated his guts. When he found a book of magic, REAL magic, he thought to himself that he was pushed around too long and using his Occult Club members as indoctrinates, he formed a gang that started to take over the city with the intention of taking over the world. His source of his power came from his magic book...but that was destroyed...he couldn't have escaped that easily in Maximum SV Security. I hope this isn't signs of bad things to come

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Street crime is all well and good. But you’ve had to tangle with some pretty weird bad guys, which one stood out to you as your hardest fight?

He called himself the Fool of Space and he wasn't kidding - for the most part. He was able to warp perception of space around him through various trickeries, his entire outfit designed to put you off guard. The flowing material makes him look bigger -- in reality he was really nearly bone thin. underneath the flowing clothing if he rolled up his sleeves for up close fighting, there were vertical black and white circles that when he stretched his arm out made it look like his arm was longer than it actually was -- thereby putting you off your mark in dodging so that he could hurt you. He was...sadly...a psychopath, he enjoyed hurting others, enjoyed ending them. His clownish ways seemed to hide the true evil within. It was...a hard fight. I won't lie, his methodology for warping your perception was ingenious, to the put where I nearly had to fall back as he had me consistently out maneuvered.

I had a thought, one that saved my life. He was warping space, making everything seem further or closer away than it really was, making his shape appear to change as well, but he forgot his feet. He was a showman, and he wore quite elaborate shoes made to look like jesters of yesteryear, complete with bells, I had my baton out and extended to its full 70 cm length, which I used to gauge his arm length, and the bells I listened carefully and managed to figure out through some quick calculations his stride, a little over the average human's stride. He came at me, blood in his eyes, I took the baton and thrust it into his stomach, electrocuting him with the taser and then throwing him to the ground and tying him up.

It was the hardest fight I had ever done solo...and I had no reason to do it in this world besides the fact that I was there and someone needed to do something. That's what drew The Iron Fist to me.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Jasmine seems like a really good friend. What’s the closest she’s gotten to telling a true fortune?

Well she doesn't really tell fortunes anymore - she has no customers after what happened. A month before I came into this world she had gotten involved in a serious incident that involved a criminal investigation. A guy about her age came in and asked what was going to happen at the dance that night...and she told him. Everyone was going to be sad and crying because he had died earlier that day. When he asked how it happened, she answered calmly - she knew you can't outrun fate - He was going to slip, fall, and something really heavy was going to drop on him and crush him -- he laughed at her and didn't pay the bill he owed. When he got home that afternoon apparently while showering for the dance, he slipped, grabbed onto the shower head and fell, the rotten studs around the shower finally gave in and cell in on him, bringing the roof on top of him. There was a claim that she put a hex on him but she can't really do magic, she can only see visions of the future...so well, she keeps to herself and doesn't really tell the future.

quote:

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Bonus question for everyone to answer!

If you're at school during your off time, what do you study? If you're not in school, what do you do to pass the time?

It was the bright morning of a day during her time off school, she is sitting on her porch, eating a breakfast bar, listening to music on her headphones when someone comes up, "Hey Amy! It's time to go!" Amy snaps out of her own world, turning off the stardustwave she found on youtube, based on an old anime series Stardust Scout. She looks down and realizes that she is running behind, choking a bit on her energy bar before drinking down her vitamin water quickly. She runs in and locks the doors and runs downstairs to her friend, Holly Horton, who was in a pair of overalls. They walked and talked as they got into Holly's car and drove off to their day job; working to build houses for the less fortunate. She was very community based, taking the idea from her mentor Getterman, she spent her mornings working various charities, then the afternoons she spent on the beach with her friend, usually not on the beach itself since it was always so crowded, but the boardwalk was where all the fun happened, the performers, the music, the food, the shopping. She would spend her afternoon here, having fun and partying with various friends, before getting changed and heading to work as a barista for about six hours, having a quick dinner there and then she heads home, going to sleep. She had a very active time school and she decided to spend every moment.

quote:

quote:

Getterman Pink

- With all that stuff going on, do you actually have any time to be a hero?

- What is it with you and your bad guys having stupid hats? What's your favourote peice of villen headware?

Do I have time to be a hero? Of course I do! I mean I don't always party, and I don't work a full time position at the coffee shop, and heck, I only work like three days a week, and if I get into the initiative, I won't even work there anymore since I will get that stipend for being a hero. I mean...yeah...it kinda sucks to have to leave friends to go do hero stuff, and it can get a bit annoying to constantly have to fight the bad guys...but...I gotta do it right? Its kinda my thing, its really what I am good at - helping people and stopping the bad guys. It's...well it can be kinda fun when the bad guy wears a really stupid hat like the worst one...

Meet the eggplant wizard from back in my old world...yeah he had other magic but his only gimmick he ever used at the time was turning people into eggplants. When I beat him down I asked him the question that was on everyone's lips. "Why...?" and according to him the reason was 'Why not?" I still can't eatplant to this day because of him! I am always afraid it could be that one time that the eggplant just didn't get turned back. He moved on to other gimmicks but that was the only real memorable one from him.

Well I do heroing because its what I am good at, thats pretty much the long and short of it.

quote:

Relationships for Getterman Pink
Aurora Angel knew you from your civilian life first.
You refused to tell Feral your secret identity when they asked.

Influence for Getterman Pink
You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out.
Give two of them influence over you.

Aurora Angel and Eve c'mon down

When our team first came together…We saved the life of someone important, either to the city, or to us. Who was it? Why are they important?

We saved the wealthiest man in the city, Mr. Drugan, when he was launched out of a window in his skyscraper, they donate millions of dollars to various charities and run several schools for the less fortunate.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

quote:

When our team first came together…
We, as a team, attracted media attention within the city, thanks to our efforts. Who are they? Why do they support us?

The Halcyon's Daily Catch! They're a influential newspaper based out of the harbor area. Hence the wordplay. Anyway, we saved their office from being blown up, and they were really grateful for it. They've been writing good press about us ever since! Which is super important for a new team like ours, so yay!

Relationships

quote:

Supernova might wind up being more of a star than me some day.

I mean, that's pretty much a given. Looks really good, is an actual ALIEN, and is a hero. Basically no way she won't be more famous than me at some point. I'm a little bit jealous. She's like, an actual princess! Sort of?

quote:

Getterman Pink would be a great sidekick.

She's like a cool big sis... but she doesn't really have much in the way of powers. But don't worry, Getterman Pink! I'll carry you to fame along with me~

quote:

Giving Influence to Supernova, Getterman Pink and Megumi Sakamoto.

They're confident, smart, and/or nice, and I hope they teach me a lot!

quote:

Hi! What I can do for you? Yeah, I am indeed Aurora Angel! Of Aurora Family fame! What gave it away? The glowing wings? Ehehehehe~

What can I do for you? Questions? Sure!

quote:

When did you first appear onscreen?

Oh, that was actually sort of unintentional. I was out with my brother on an errand, when suddenly, a group of bad guy smashed up the central plaza! They were really mad about something. My brother told me to hide and charged in with that light-based weaponry. Oh yeah, you probably don't know yet. You know, Aurora Soldier? With the light based guns? He's my brother!

Anyway, I couldn't help help but look. He was getting beat up pretty bad! I know he told me to hide, but I intervened. Just like this!

I maaay have hit him more than once with that, oopsie! ehehehe~

But as it turned out, the fight actually attracted news crews! Quite a lot, actually. They filmed me beating all the bad guys! And more importantly, they filmed my big brother having to be saved by his little sis~

After the fight, the media went nuts about that girl that was with Aurora Soldier. All kinds of theories, some completely off, some pretty much right. But they pretty much adored me, for some reason!

A few weeks later we just decided to make it official.

quote:

What do you tell people about how you got your powers?

Uhm, well, the truth? I was born with them. I've always had these energy wings, and they're a part of me. I can't just deactivate them or anything. It's actually kind of a hassle! You try sleeping with glow-in-the-dark neon lights literally growing on your back! Also led to other things, like me getting homeschooled and stuff.

Here's the thing, though: The Aurora family actually doesn't work like that. See, our family has this magical artifact, the Aurora Stone. It's what grants us these powers! However, its power isn't infinite. It needs to recharge, and that roughly takes a generation. So we ended up with Aurora Amazon, my mom, and Aurora Soldier, my brother... and me.

But, I didn't get my power from the stone. Which threw our entire family dynamic off the hook. Our legacy traditions just didn't support someone like me... so Mom and Dad never even considered me getting into the family business, aka saving the world.

Which, incidentally, is buuuulllll!

quote:

Who, outside of the team, supports your burgeoning star in every way possible?

Corrin thinks so too. Which is why he has been supporting me as much as he can, even going against our parent's wishes of me just living a normal life. Look! I'm working together with him, check out this picture!

Actually I'm just giving him a ride here... but you get the point...

He's the best big bro I could wish for, really. He's been getting me to experiment as much as I can with my powers. It's actually pretty nuts what I can do with these wings! See, they're not just these things things. I can make them much, much, bigger, and move them, shoot energy out of them, and even transform them!

Also I don't actually need to use them to fly. It's more like... jetpacking? It's kind of weird. The energy just seems to, uhm, lift me up with it? Which is why what I showed you in the picture work. I can make turn it into the Thunderbird, which is my nickname for that thing. It's what the news theorized my hero name was when I first appeared on the news.

Anyway, like I said, the energy is really weird. I don't think it follows physics at all. It can just move on its own, change size, and so on. But most impressively, if you ask me, is the fact that it just doesn't seem to have a upper limit in how fast it can go. It just isn't affected by anything that would slow momentum, like air resistance, or friction burn, or whatever. And neither am I, or anyone I touch! It can go crazy fast. Trust me, I tried. I went up to something like 5000 miles per hour and did a cruise around the entire world with it. I would have gone even faster but I was kind of afraid of shooting off into space at that point.

quote:

Who, outside of the team, loathes what you represent?

Uh... I'm not sure, actually! While there's a lot of people that tell me I'm not taking it seriously enough, I can't think of any --

Actually, I can. ugh.

Sentinel, more like stuck up meanie!

So yeah, that guy. Everyone knows Sentinel, right? Some sort of really bad injuries forced him to live in that suit or something. And boy, does he love to berate everyone and everything about how dangerous this kind of work is, and how we should take it seriously, and that trying to be famous is the stupidest thing ever and yadda yadda.

And I say, whatever! He doesn't know what I'm about. If I'm not famous, how will I ever be a proper member of the Aurora Legacy?

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

What kind of question is that? They're the coolest! I'm a part of a real team! It means I'm making progress in my quest for acceptance. Of COURSE I care about them.

quote:

Which current hero sponsored your entrance onto the team? What did you do that convinced them?

Well, my brother. Like I said, he's helping me however he can. When he saw me fight alongside him, apparently he was convinced of my potential!

And my need for training, ehehehehe~

quote:

That awesome place in town you know about? Tell me about it!

Hmm... Well, unfortunately, I actually don't know the city very well. I was mostly kept at home, thanks to the giant neon sign that says 'super here' on my back. But it's really cool back home, actually!

The Aurora estate is actually a bit of a landmark for Halcyon. It rests just outside the city, in the Halcyon Forest, and is a tourist attraction. It's not only a beautiful old set of buildings, it also has a museum on the history of supers. And a waterfall close by!

Basically, it's the height of any trip to the forest, and I live there. A lot of supers are actually interested in the museum, so growing up, I saw supers in the museum all the time~

quote:

Remind me, who's that interesting/important non-hero you know about?

Oh, Professor Seine!

She's head scientist of the rather prestigious Prometheus Labs. She's recently contacted me and asked to work together with me. I was so happy to hear that! It's sure to boost my fame, working with such an important person!

She was, somewhat unsurprisingly, interested in my wings. And their complete disregard for most laws of physics. So yeah, we're doing testing. A LOT of testing. It's fine, though - I actually enjoy figuring things out about my power, it helps her research, everybody is happy, right?

quote:

Name: Robin Helios
Hero Name: Aurora Angel
Look: female cute, White, broad smile, preppy clothing, stylish Costume

Stats:
Freak +1
Danger -1
Savior +2
Superior +2
Mundane -1

Abilities:
Strange Wings (non-newtonic, shapechanging energy wings)

Time for the show:
When you put on a flamboyant display of your powers, roll+Superior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1-for-1 to name an NPC present and choose one:
● This person must meet me
● This person loves me
● This person volunteers help or information
● This person admires my team
● This person must have my help

Flow with their whims:
When you accept what your audience tells you about yourself, clear a condition. When you reject what our audience tells you about yourself, on a hit mark potential and expect retribution.

You are a celebrity in the city—although being a celebrity doesn’t always mean you’re liked. By default, your audience is a limited group of interested fans, and you speak to them through after-action interviews, infrequent press conferences.

Why does your audience love you?
You're just like them
You’re a noble warrior for justice
You're stunning, unique, and beautiful

Choose Two Advantages
You're well-established
You have a dedicated internet following

Choose Two Demands your audience imposes on you.
They require constant stimulation.
They require chemistry with your allies.

When you seek help from your audience, roll+Superior. On a hit, someone in your audience can hook you up. On a 10+, they'll only make a small demand. On a 7-9, their demands are a lot higher. On a miss, you've made a mistake, and your audience won't help you until you've redeemed yourself in their eyes.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 2, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Do we really gotta do this? You know what I'm capable of, right? We both know how this ends!

Ugh, fine. Let's get this interview over with, I got places to be.

I'm Feral, my powers are beating the poo poo out of things and being hella tough. I don't wear a costume because they keep getting wrecked and it's expensive. Some evil nerds made me in a lab to kill superheroes for them but that sounded lame so I left. Now I guess I go to school here and I'd really like to be on the new team that AI are setting up because I'll get in way less trouble with Dr Starling if I have 'insurance' and 'authorization to operate' or whatever when I get in fights. I like long walks on the beach and breaking stuff.

I guess Lex Justice wants me to be on the team as well, and she's cool so I'll do it.

Are we done here?

quote:

Hero Name: The raging Feral!
Real name (if it matters): 'Linda Ortego' (it doesn't matter, except for little things like 'school' and 'social security')
Look: Ambiguous, Hispanic, Ragged Clothing, No Costume.

Abilities:
Someone changed you, made you into a perfect weapon: superhumanly tough, incredibly strong, and uniquely skilled at fighting. Decide how each of those abilities manifests.

Alliance Initiative Young Defenders Program Candidate File: Linda 'Feral' Ortego.

Power Type/s: Class B Enhanced Metahuman

Medical Observations:

Ms Ortego demonstrates classic enhanced efficiency and durability of her skeletal-muscular system, giving her a lifting capability somewhere in the <10-ton range under normal circumstances and estimated damage resistance equivalent to 200-300mm RHA. Her tissues heal at a greatly accelerated rate, with minor injuries clotting, scarring and becoming unnoticeable within minutes. Lost tissue is not automatically replaced, but can be reattached long after conventional human tissue would be non-viable. Transplanted material is subsumed by her existing biology, although this process is imperfect (see Appendix F - B.L.U.F.F. Field Report). Nervous system exhibits additional improvements - redundancies and blocks to maintain combat efficiency even after significant trauma, expanded neural pathways allowing for greatly improved response times, some alterations to brain makeup that enable semi-conscious control of twitch reflexes. Endocrine system has been strengthened to supply additional adrenaline and endorphin under stress - this will have an unpredictable effect on physical capability. Sensory organs have also been altered to a less extreme extent - visual, aural and olfactory acuity has been enhanced. Further observations not possible without more intrusive testing, subject has not consented to such.

Field and Training observations:

Ms Ortego has considerable theoretical and practical knowledge of martial arts, tactical and weapons training, and demonstrates an intuitive understanding of metahuman combat. In almost all situations she disregards this entirely and relies on overpowering and outlasting her opponent. When this does not prove viable (See Appendix G: Nakatomi Plaza Incident) she is fully capable of recognizing her limitations, adapting and improvising to overcome them. Experience and discipline would allow her to better manage incidents to reduce collateral damage.
Under field conditions she has demonstrated an ability to evade small arms fire at close range through erratic movement - while not moving faster than a bullet per se her reflexes and speed are sufficient to make engaging her a considerable challenge.

NB: While her powers do not conform to classical understandings of chemistry, biology or physics their effects often do - objects lifted without regard for leverage will break, etc.

LABELS

FREAK -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
DANGER -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
SAVIOR -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
SUPERIOR -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3
MUNDANE -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3

Bull Moves:

The Bull’s Heart: You always have exactly one love and one rival. You can change your love or rival at any time; give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that supports your love or frustrates your rival.
Love:
Rival:

Punch everyone:
Whenever you charge into a fight without hedging your bets, you can raise your Danger by one and drop any other label by one.

In a China Shop: When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.

Backstory
- Who changed you?

The Irresponsible Science Cultists known as Maelstrom. Ugh, these loving nerds. They're some kind of hivemind of evil scientists? They've been around for ages, real Golden Age nonsense. I guess they got sick of heroes showing up to stop them from blowing up the moon or whatever, so they decided to make me? I dunno if I was a baby they stole or if they built me from the ground up. Doesn't matter. All you need to know is they are dangerously stupid and really, really clever at the same time.

- How did you escape from them?

Their attempt to use me as a weapon against Lex Justice, Agent of BLUFF went awry. Haha oh man, this was awesome. First time they went to use me, there's all this fanfare about how 'at last our enemies will face their demise' and 'those honorable fools will never fight a child' and then Lex blasts in through the wall of the volcano lair in a rocket car, shoots me in the face with a laser gun, blows up all the tanks of chemicals I'm standing next to, bootlegger turns the car around and rams me out through the hole she made coming in. I fell like, a kilometer onto the rocks and poo poo.

I guess they were expecting someone else to show up?

By the time I got my poo poo together and climbed back up to the base, everyone was gone except a clean-up crew from AI, and I didn't have any orders so I just went with them.

- Who, outside the team, looks out for you now?

Dr Vivian Starling, the Frontier Psychiatrist. Vivian was assigned to 'deprogram' me and be my counselor. He's stuffy, British as gently caress, and super irritating. But he's a good guy. AI couldn't find any family for me to live with, so I stay at his place and we try to drive each other nuts. If you ever catch me calling him 'Dad' I swear I will end you.

- Why do you try to be a hero?

Being a hero is rad as hell. I'm a one person wrecking ball, I can bench-press a car and survive anything. What the hell else am I going to do with my time? Be a security guard? Nah, the hero life is the bomb - you get to have awesome fights and everyone loves you for it.

- Why do you care about the team?

It's a shot at the big time for a weirdo like me I'm not...ug. Not popular with the authorities. But getting on a team like this would be a way to put a lot of my past behind me. The people on the team are going to be other kids and freaks and troublemakers, we're going to get on fine. It's going to be great!

- Which current hero sponsored your entrance onto the team? What did you do that convinced them?

Lex Justice, of course! We're basically BFFS ever since she shot me in the face and blew me up and knocked me off a cliff with a car that one time. I already told you how we met, right? Lex Justice is the best, she's supposed to have been around since the War, basically an immortal super-spy. As far as I can tell the agency she says she works for (B.L.U.F.F.) doesn't actually exist? Maybe they're just really good at keeping secrets? I haven't even managed to get her to tell me what it stands for yet. Anyway, she's been following my progress and she told Dr Starling that I needed to be somewhere I could be 'closely monitored' which I think means she wants to mentor me?

So. Cool.

- That awesome place in town you know about? Tell me about it!

Cave Comedenti is THE high-stakes bistro, with food prepared by extreme chefs from otherworldly ingredients. Try the fried psi-worm! Also they have an underground fighting ring in the basement, which is cool. They won't let me compete because I'm a minor or some poo poo, which is lame.

- Remind me, who's that interesting/important non-hero you know about?

The Assessor is a mysterious quasi-government figure who tracks collateral damage for insurance companies. Only operates through drones, never seen in person. I don't think they like me very much.

- (optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?

A large stasis tank full of mutagenic fluid shatters outwards, revealing Feral - expressionless, bald, and wearing a black-and-red Maelstrom uniform. Her eyes flash as she begins to sprint forward with lethal intent before an explosion launches her into the sky. When she falls back down she's dressed in her more usual outfit of tattered and burned casual clothing, and has her familiar eye patch and wild hair. She grins savagely as she lands on the head of a giant robot and begins to tear into it with her bare hands before flipping away as it collapses. She high-fives [TEAMMATE] as Lex Justice watches disapprovingly on security camera footage.

- (optional) A thread name for the IC thread. Masks: Heroes Never Die! (Except the Doomed)

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Bonus question for everyone to answer!

If you're at school during your off time, what do you study? If you're not in school, what do you do to pass the time?

I dunno, school stuff. History, maths, languages. I guess a bunch of it is 'remedial' because my previous education came from psychopaths who would put needles in my brain to teach me kung fu and their idea of a rounded education was a 72 hour screed on the secret history of how oppressed they were and what they were going to do to President Roosevelt when they caught him. I didn't even know there was more than one President until six months ago!

The classes I'm in have some cute people to hang out with so it's not a complete waste of time.

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Round 1 questions part 4

quote:

- Oh man, Maelstrom! Those guys are super old! No one's seen them for ages! Then all of a sudden you get found and they come crawling out of the woodwork everywhere! What other plots are they putting into action?

Ugh, I know, right? And it's not just the organization that's old, the youngest member of the...hive? The main brains, anyway. He's in his 70s. They're all pretty spry on account of drugs and surgery but they are terrified of death. That's why they've activated all these sleeper agents and old doomsday devices recently - they're trying to accomplish a bunch of things at once. They have an enemies list that they want put to clear - most of their enemies are already dead or retired, but that doesn't stop them from trying. A bunch of old heroes like Captain Flintlock have been placed under surveillance as a result, along with several major universities. The other thing they're doing is recruiting - they try to find smart guys with an axe to grind against the establishment and bring them in to the organization. If they're really smart/crazy they try to make them part of the 'network'. Oh, and they have the least sophisticated bank robbery operation on the planet - just have a robot kick in the door, shoot anyone who resists with a death-ray, steal cash and leave.

Sorry if I'm short on details. I mean, I wasn't exactly in on a lot of the briefings, and their planning is mostly done inside their wrinkly little heads.

quote:

- "Deprogram" you? Sounds like they were brainwashing you! Do you think your new friends got rid of it all, or is there any lasting trigger words hidden in the depths of your mind?

Brainwashing? I...guess it could look like that? I was pretty messed up when I got out, Doc Starling compared me (in notes he doesn't know I've read for a paper he's not going to publish) to kids who get raised by animals. Only with a tendency to try and break into Fort Knox instead of resource guarding food. We worked real hard to get me to a stage where I can have a conversation without denouncing the evils of the Federal Reserve and demanding a return to the plutonium standard. If there's anything left in there it's buried deeper than we could get with therapy, hypnosis, a big cocktail of experimental drugs and the assistance of Oct-oculus. You know, the hyper-intelligent psychic octopus? They've got a talk show and everything!

Anyway, I'm like, 99% sure I'm clean now. Probably.

quote:

- You've managed to get into some pretty memorable fights since you were rescued. Which one was the most fun and the most destructive?

OK, I wanna state first for the record that none of what follows counts as a confession or admission of liability. And to be clear, this is all off the record, right?

Remember the Nakatomi Plaza expansion? Ten stories of high-tech and luxury goods shopping, cinemas, restaurants? The one that had to be demolished due to 'unforeseeable soil liquefaction' that made it untenable to continue work? That was me. Not the soil, that's just a cover-up. I had an awesome fight in there that just trashed the place, damage was so extensive the company ended up pulling it down. It started off pretty normal, some lizard guys came up out of the sewer and were menacing people. I was just having lunch nearby and I wasn't just going to stand around and let some poor sucker get their head bitten off, so I jumped in and started punching. Only one of them was a giant mutant lizard with lava powers (Halycon City Enquirer named her Gal Apagos, because there are lizards there and it's a volcano. Get it?) and she was also hella strong so the fight got a little out of control, strayed into the construction site (empty, luckily. Union was on strike.) and we just wrecked the joint. Foundations all torn up, structural columns shattered, cranes used as bludgeons...it was great. Eventually she got tired and I managed to get a good hit on her head that knocked her out, but the place was written off. Literally a billion dollars worth of property damage. Kind of why everyone wants me to be on the new team.

AI came and took her away before she woke up. I'm not even sure if she was a person, but she knew how to enjoy a brawl.

Is it bad to hope she breaks out of whatever facility she's in?

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Feral round 2 questions
- Yeah... totally off the record.... ahem, a-anyway... is there some agreement with the AI on how you're going to pay back all of this property damage? Uh, that you haven't done. We're just speaking in hypothetical here.

Well, the standard agreement for heroes in training is that our salary gets garnished to contribute to the insurance fund AI maintains to cover public liability, workers compensation, third-party property claims and other miscellaneous costs. If you are established as 'high risk' in any of those categories due to the nature of your powers or, uh, 'accident history' then you pay more. In my case I'm also losing control over my merchandising rights, media appearance fees, and I have to do unspecified public relations work for a minimum of 8 hours a week to cover...expenses. My solicitor David Hunter* assures me that it's a sweetheart deal, considering my...record. I don't really use the money for anything so it doesn't bother me - living in a Science Cult for most of your life really puts consumerism in perspective, you know? The PR work is kind of a mixed bag, doing construction work in low income neighborhoods or school visits (in the company of more photogenic and established heroes) mostly but once I get the team gig I think they'll want to squeeze higher profile stuff in.

*Unbeknownst to Feral, David Hunter is secretly the masked vigilante known only as Nightfist, who uses his position as an attorney to help the public during the day and fights crime at night - with his fist!

Arashiofordo3 posted:

- That psychic Octopus did manage to get a fragment of something out of your mind. Some kind of keyword or project name or something. It got Lex really worried when you told it to her. What was it? And what did Lex tell you when she returned after disappearing for over a month without warning?

Nautilus. Just one word. It's a kind of shellfish, right? I thought Ock was just hungry and projecting, but when I told Lex that and she threw a book at me. Literally, just chucked a paperback at my head. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, by Jules Verne. I guess she was worried that Maelstrom had built a submarine, or an underwater base? I guess a sub would be pretty hard to catch, but I'm not sure why that would upset her so much - even on her own she managed to break into a volcano lair, with help from AI she should be able to sink a submarine pretty easy. I mean, unless that would violate the treaty with Sunken Mu. Which it would only do if the submarine was...nuclear powered.

I think I get it now.

Anyway, that was before she left. We don't exactly live together, but normally she'd check on me once a week. When she came back after the month she'd lost a lot of weight and was kind of sick for a while. Something about micro-gravity and exposure to cosmic radiation, so I guess she was in space? (Have I mentioned how cool she is?) Anyway, she really started pushing for me to get on to the team after that, because quote "a real shitstorm is brewing" end quote. She wouldn't be drawn on details but she did start getting me lessons on Muvian language and culture, so I guess the fish-people are coming to town soon.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Aug 19, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

When our team first came together…
We defeated a dangerous enemy. Who or what was it?

Supernova called it a Vreil, but she used more sounds when she said it. Hard to get it right. Anyway, big green thing with a bunch of claws and teeth and bad attitude. Ordinarily my kind of a party but the thing attacked before we were even officially a team and kind of ruined our big launch ceremony which was a total jerk move. I had a tuxedo on and everything! You don't know pain until you've tried to get a deposit back on a tux that got shredded by a hostile alien. Anyway, we were all lined up for a press conference, waiting for the sponsoring members to show up and this thing came up through the floor screaming like a drill press and biting the arm off a journalist. I probably could have taken it on my own, but I got to admit it was lot easier with help.

Relationships

Supernova is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.

She's from space, she can fly and is tough and has a cool space surfboard and stuff. Her life has just been flying around the galaxy discovering stuff, and I really like talking to her about it. Shame all I've got talk about is boring Earth junk and how much it sucks being a kid when your every moment is being monitored and controlled by creepy old dudes. Nice of her to listen to me talking about it when it's not even her job. I guess I like her?

Megumi Sakamoto is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

I have really, seriously had enough of 'geniuses' telling me what to do. I don't give two shits what your calculator brain says the 'optimal course of action' is, I don't want to know about the odds or acceptable risks. Going around like your poo poo doesn't stink and you never make mistakes. And then trying to call me off fighting those yakuza guys like I'm a dog you can get to heel? Feh! (spits). Who the hell were those guys, anyway? Serious hardware but no markings or uniform...

Role:Defender:

When you leap to defend your love or rival in battle, roll + Danger instead of + Savior to defend them.

Influence
You're focused. Give your love and rival influence over you, but that's it.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Aug 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

When our team first came together... We didn’t trust each other at first, but that changed. How? Why?

Despite my warnings, I don't think anyone on the team actually believed me about Aliens attacking the earth and trying to take things over. Your people are inherently suspicious of outsiders, and I'm very obviously not human! And between other people, there seemed to be a lot of conflicts, and excuses for why they didn't think someone else should have been there. En Garde doesn't have any powers, Getterman won't take her mask off, Feral destroys too many things, you get the idea! But once we had fought off the Vreil and everything under my expert instructions, I think it was obvious to the team that we'd all contributed and helped each other along!

You’ve been learning about Earth by spending time with En Garde.
Everyone on the team seems pretty willing to explain the things about earth that are harder to pick up, but I've learned a lot from En Garde! My analysis determined that having these abilities most of the humans on the team have is the exception, not the rule on earth, so En Garde, who doesn't have any, is the most normal, and thus the best choice for learning what life is like for 'normal' humans. She knows a lot of things, and is definitely better at using a sword than I am! I wonder if I have a spare nano-tech blade I can give her, it'd help her be more on my level.

You have a crush on Megumi Sakamoto but you keep it under wraps.
Empress help me, I've got a crush on Megumi! She's cool, collected, actually has dignity unlike most of the clowns on the team -which is fine, but Megumi's bearing is better- and she's quite pretty! To top it off, she's incredibly smart. I can actually talk to her about things from back home, and technology, and she gets it. Its so nice. Though I have to be careful not to let slip too much scientific knowledge before humans are cleared for uplifting! And even more importantly, I need to be careful about not having a crush on her! I'm the next Empress, getting involved with a human is out of the question!

GodFish fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Aug 19, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

quote:

Playbook: The Reformed

Look: Woman, Japanese, sad eyes, conservative clothing, normal clothes
Abilities: Genius Intellect

Labels
Freak +1
Danger +2
Savior -1
Superior +1
Mundane 0

Moves

A mirror darkly: When you are faced with a mistake from your past, carry +1 forward to correct it. If you fail, mark potential.

Wrong side of the tracks: You always get to ask an additional questions when you pierce the mask of a villain, even on a miss.

Friends in low places: You have ties to villains from your previous career. Name three. For each of them, choose a specialty.

• Tenda Sakamoto - Specialty: Alien tech. Relationship: Father. Obligation: 0

• Harumi Sakamoto - Specialty: Insider info. Relationship: Mother. Obligation: 1

• Tenshi Sakamoto - Specialty: Weapons. Relationship: Brother. Obligation: 2

When you create your character, mark two obligation on one villain, and mark one obligation on another.

When you come to them for help with your problems, mark obligation on them, and they'll help out within their specialty. If all their boxes are full, then they will not help you until you help them.

At the beginning of each session, roll + your highest obligation. On a 10+, they come crashing into your life with a crisis. On a 7-9, they call for a favor. On a miss, they don’t come knocking yet, but mark obligation with them—the debts are getting heavier.

When you help them with their problems, erase 2 obligation on them.

Drives: Choose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.

When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city.

• help a teammate when they most need you
  • make out with a teammate
  • get a new hero name
  • take down a threat all on your own

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them what gives them hope for a brighter day and give them Influence.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them what they would do something dark for and gain Influence over them.

Moment of Truth

You’ve seen your greatest mistakes, and they have too. The whole world is watching you now, judging every move you make. When everything is on the line and your back is against the wall, though, you're going to show them what a hero really is. Of course, afterward, your old villainous contacts are liable to be pretty upset or mistrustful of you...

Frgrbrgr posted:

They say that my father made a deal with the devil. If only they knew the real truth.

Thirty years ago, my parents were just regular superheroes. Saving the world, do some photo shoots, hang out at conventions, and defeat the occasional villain. But when my father was contacted by an otherworldly being, The Raiser, he had no idea that all of that was about to change. The Raiser is a special kind of being, some sort of superentity able to reach across all of space and influence the minds of many types of beings. My father was one such target.

He was offered a deal by the Raiser, one he couldn't turn down. "Become my agent... and become all powerful."

The Raiser

In an instant, my father changed. His powers, formerly superstrength, were empowered by the Raiser. He instantly became one of the most powerful people on the planet. Over the next several days, he followed through with the Raiser's plans - overthrowing governments, defeating entire teams of heroes, and establishing an evil shadow organization called the Sakamoto Group.

They say that my mother was the only one who could stop him. She wasn't even all that powerful, just a minor empath. But in her presence, he was able to regain control of his mind. And less than a week after the whole incident had started, my mother had managed to completely purge The Raiser's influence from my father, freeing him.

Or... so everybody else thinks.

As my parents went back to a normal life, they kept the Sakamoto Group operational in secret. They retired from the heroing life, and entered the worlds of business and politics. Hatching plans, forming partnerships, making deals - the Sakamoto Group quickly became a global organization with fingers in almost every major government and criminal organization. My parents hadn't stopped their conquest for power at all! They were just doing it differently!

And that's basically the world that I grew up in. Publicly, a reserved family trying to lead mankind to a bright new future. Privately, a twisted, evil criminal group responsible for some of the worst atrocities in the last couple decades. My father has secretly been funding many villain groups around the world, while his company, Sakami International, has been manufacturing weapons and equipment for militaries and police agencies trying to fight against them.

My parents, they trained me and my brother to embrace their ways. My brother, Tenshi, was taught the ways of fighting, and with the super-strength he inherited from my father, he's on the rise as a hero backed by Sakami. But my father, he drowned my brother in blood, forcing him to fight ever since he was a young child. The things I've seen him do... I'm not sure there's any coming back from that.

Tenshi Unleashed

For me, though, blessed with a genius intellect, well... my mother was more than happy to instill her shrewd ways in me. She taught me all about business and politics, along with manipulation, deceit, and hate. From an early age, she had me working on the board of the Sakamoto Group, coldly making decisions to kill or maim. Making decisions all with the goal of furthering the Group... furthering the family. I did... evil things.

I still distinctly remember when the Sakamoto Group overthrew the Alzanian government. It was all my idea, in the first place. "Take out Alzania... and destabilize the entire peninsula!" I still remember those words coming out of my mouth at a board meeting, me just eight years old. My mother was more than happy to let me take the reins, as I decided which villain groups to contract, and what to point them at. "Take out the hospitals... then burn the cities! That way, they'll need to reach out for international help! And then Sakami can step in!"

Within the month, Sakami International had stepped into a major role in the region, providing security and humanitarian services to Alzania and several neighboring countries. Meanwhile, my parents seeded the new government with their agents, effectively taking the reins of the entire nation.

Total death count: 84,136. I turned nine that month. My parents gave me a pony.

My Past

If my brother hadn't had his breakdown, I don't know where I'd be. I'd probably still be with my family. But then, one night, he snuck into my room... and he just kept shaking. It was like his brain had blocked out all of the violent things he had done... and woke up to it all in one horrible moment of clarity. I held him while he shook and murmured about all the horrible things he had done.

In a way, it woke me up as well. Looking at him, realizing the harm he had caused others... I just kept thinking about how he saw me. And... then I truly took a look at myself. I realized in that instant that I was evil. And, more importantly, that I didn't want to be.

I confronted my parents, told them that me and Tenshi were leaving. That they were evil. That we would defeat them, together. They just laughed. For all my intellect... I could do nothing to them. They took Tenshi away... I still haven't seen him since. Not even in the papers.

But to me, they did the worse thing imaginable. They encouraged me! To go be a hero! They laughed in my face and challenged me to try to stop them. As I ran from the room, crying, my mother put in one last shot. "I know you, Megumi... you'll be back..."

God, I hate them so much. But at least now I know it... and now I can do something about it. They're evil, and I'm the only one that knows it. And... for all I know, they might still be working for The Raiser. But it doesn't really matter... I need to stop them and free Tenshi... no matter what.

• Who mentored you in supervillainy?

Harumi Sakamoto - My mother. Once a small-time empath superhero, turned evil matriarch of the Sakamoto Group. Current CEO of Sakami International. She taught me how to make decisions, and how to be efficient. And how to hurt people along the way. I hate her for it.

• Who first showed you that you could do good?

Tenshi Sakamoto - My brother. The look on his face as I comforted him that night... I'll never forget it. He suddenly looked... relieved. Like I had eased the weight of the world off his shoulders. I would do anything just to see him look that way, just one more time.

• What caused you to switch sides?

When I saw the evil I had done. When I realized that... hurting people... hurts people. And that I was responsible for all of it.

• What was your goal as a villain?

Global conquest. Complete control of every nation and group. And... well, I helped my parents quite a bit to that goal. Now, I need to put a stop to it.

• Why do you care about the team?

The team is my only chance to enact change. I can't do it alone. I need people to help me stop my parents... and I think I'll need them to make sure I don't slip back into my old ways, too. I can't become that person again. I don't know if I'd ever be able to forgive myself.

• Which current hero sponsored your entrance onto the team? What did you do that convinced them?

Interestingly enough, just a single message from my father was enough to get me on the team. They must think it's so funny that I want to stop them... that I'm joining a team of heroes. I'll show them.

• That awesome place in town you know about? Tell me about it!

The Sakami Building - A 128-story skyscraper, one of the tallest in the world, where my family's shell organization operates out of. In reality, it's a den of evil, where the top brass of the Sakamoto Group meet and plot their evil plans. Did you know that there's a whole underground complex that you can't get into without entering a code into the elevators? Trust me... you don't want to know what goes on down there. The view from the top is pretty good though.

• (optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?

In my room, combing the hair of a doll, then cut to me in the board room, stabbing a dagger down into a third-world country, with blood spilling out. A regretful me stares at this scene, then rips it from the page, crumples it up, and smashes it with my heel. A grim look is on my face... but I'm determined, and hungry to get out there and start righting the wrongs of my past.

• (optional) A thread name for the IC thread

Heroes of Halcyon - Saving the world, one angsty moment at a time

Frgrbrgr posted:

I do still attend school, though, whatever subject they've put me in is trivial. I could pass these classes in my sleep. Though, I think I'm currently enrolled in Pottery, where the instructor made clear on the first day that this was a class where "smarts" wouldn't matter, that only "creativity and hard work" will ensure an A. I walked out immediately and haven't returned since.

No, what I study, rather than the classwork, is the people. My childhood was spent with relatively few people, my family and a few specialists to teach skills like hand-to-hand fighting, advanced mathematics and physics, inorganic chemistry, things like that. And all of those people were from the Sakamoto Group - goons of my parents. Utterly boring, utterly forgettable.

But at school, there are so many people, different types, different personalities. Smart people, dumb people, eccentric people. If there's anything I need help understanding, it's how other people work, and this is my first chance to experience the "real world." I'm going to be working with people like this, and I'm going to be fighting against people like this. I need to know how they react to different things, even if it means listening in on Jenny Cormack's dramatic retelling of her breakup with Kyle Edwards at last Friday's football game against the Epsilon City Eagles. Really... engaging stuff.

Frgrbrgr posted:

Admirers, you say? I don't have time for things like that. This isn't some teen drama starring some 24-year-old actor pretending to be going through puberty.

I guess there are a few people who I've noticed lately, but they aren't admirers by any means.

Kazuki Jones

Kazuki is what you could call my closest friend, I guess. My first day in class and she started following me around, asking all about Japan and what it was like living there. She's half-Japanese but has never been able to visit. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I didn't really live a normal life... so I made up a few things and stayed light on details. She is nice enough though, always up to talk about anything I want to, eager to study together even though it usually ends up being me explaining things to her. Still... it's nice to have a friend. Not some butler or guard or... yeah. A friend.

Ezekiel Ryder

And then there's Ezekiel Ryder. The class big-shot, loud-mouth, whatever you want to call them. With a personality so big to fill a room and then some. And he's so annoying! But he insists on bugging me before class, at lunch, after class, whatever. I just turn down his offers to hang out but I can't help wondering why he won't leave me alone. You don't think... he likes me?

You know how they say 'the bigger they are, the harder they fall?' Well, frankly, that's bullshit. The bigger they are, the harder they are going to punch your face through a wall. No, going toe to toe with a brawler-type isn't my gameplan at all.

Taking on somebody physically stronger than me (which isn't hard to do by any means) requires a mix of preparation and flexibility. Do you know that the fight is going to happen? Lay traps, introduce obstacles, and if possible, flee. Strong means big, and I'm pretty small, so abuse that - find an area with tight hallways, or lots of furniture and pillars. Locate an emergency escape, open windows, and unlock doors. For traps, knock things onto the floor that they can trip over. Spread broken glass over their likely entrances. Pour water and introduce a live electric wire to it. You know... Home Alone stuff.

Sometimes, though, you can't prepare - or even have time to think. So if you get stuck in a fight with one, always prioritize these things: safety, stamina, and mental state. Maintain yours, and destroy theirs. For safety, put them in situations where they must take damage to injure you - always make sure your weapon is longer than theirs. For stamina, conserve yours while making them work harder. I've studied martial arts, but only plan to use them defensively, and to spend as little time and energy as possible to send attacks away. Finally, mental state, that one's the most fun. Ridicule them, criticize them, infuriate them, humble them. Bottom line: talk to them. And then use that to create openings for yourself or others to injure them, or to escape.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 28, 2016

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
can I be a wizard?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Nooner posted:

can I be a wizard?

Sorry Nooner. This is not a recruitment thread. The thread recruitment for this thread is already done. This is just an OOC thread for one lot of my players.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Arashiofordo3 posted:

Sorry Nooner. This is not a recruitment thread. The thread recruitment for this thread is already done. This is just an OOC thread for one lot of my players.

oh okay, i want to be a wizard next time though ):

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Nooner posted:

oh okay, i want to be a wizard next time though ):

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786557

This recruit is currently up! Try your luck there.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
I'm dropping out, sorry.

Jenner fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 18, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

quote:

When the team formed we fought a terrible evil and they lost something precious. Who was it and what did they lose?

God, that Vreil thing... what the hell even was that? Supernova keeps saying it's an alien combat morphling, but I'm more inclined to believe it's the result of some genetic engineering and a hell of a lot of DNA experimentation. Anyways, when we (and I mostly mean Feral) brought it down, the drat thing melted. Only thing that was left was some strange computer chip. I've been studying it for a while now, I think it's some kind of tracker, possibly also something to do with keeping the monster's genetic makeup stable. But none of my contacts have come up with anything in regards to who built the drat thing. All my efforts to reverse engineer the thing have failed too - it's almost like it was made by aliens. Of course, that would mean Supernova is right about everything... I'm not quite ready to accept her wild theories - not yet.

Relationships

quote:

I follow Supernova’s example of what a hero ought to be.

There's something about Supernova that just... speaks to me. A good balance of justice, an air of superiority. And a smile, all the while. Some of these other heroes I mean, have you seen Feral and Eve? - they're emotional wrecks, bound to go off the handle or curl up into a ball and cry at a moment's notice. And Aurora, well she's too... public. Too happy to be in front of the cameras. Meanwhile Getterman Pink... I mean where do I even start?

No, there's something right about the way Supernova goes around, holding her head high, making her thoughts known. If not for the crazy talk about aliens burrowing into your brain, well, she'd almost be a perfect role-model!

quote:

I did something terrible to Feral once. I hope they can forgive me one day.

When I first saw Feral... well, it was a shock, to say the least. Her change, it's unknown to her as to why, but to me, well, I invented it.

You see, back when I was working for the Sakamoto Group - remember the playbook? - yeah, one of them was a plan to take over the growth hormone industry. Specifically, the plan was to create a compound, GB-090, that allowed for metabolic changes on a sub-atomic level. Effectively, this sped up the rate at which cells grow, allowing increased strength and agility. Unfortunately, it was stolen before final completion by Maelstrom at the time - and as far as I know my parents retaliated, but clearly not before those freaks made Feral.

I definitely feel responsible for how she is now - she can never find out that I'm the one responsible.

Influence

quote:

Do you talk openly about your days as a villain? If so, give each team member Influence over you. If not, just give Influence to the one teammate whose example you most closely follow.

Definitely don't want to talk about. Honestly, it's better if they never find out the horrible things I did. Influence to Supernova.

Leadership vote

Supernova

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 18, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Leader Vote
We are not voting, this is ridiculous. Is anyone else here royalty? I didn't think so.

A good second in command would be Megumi though.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Leader Vote

Uh...well, not me. Leaders have to be above the action, be able to give advice and support and direction to their team. And that doesn't leave as much time for punching fools as I like - plus I'm kind of the heavy hitter on the team (no offense) so it makes no sense to keep me off the front line.

Not En Garde, I'm frankly not sure what she's doing on this team.

Not Megumi, her head's already swollen enough.

Pink never takes her mask off so not her.

Um...Aurora is from a heroing family and everything so she's probably be good as a backup, but she's sort of...sheltered?

Pretty much leaves Supernova. She's pretty cool. We talk about space stuff and laugh at weird Earth history together.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 18, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Well, with Jenner dropping out. Please welcome your new team member...!
En Guarde!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hi nice to meet you. I'm Junko, yes I'm one of those Nishimura's. My family has made fortunes over the years out of construction and other things. But yeah construction is where it all started. My grandfather ran one of the best construction firms in Halycon back in the day and made a mint rebuilding the city whenever it got flattened. The alien invasion in '55 was the real moneyspinner from what he told me. My parents built on that of course. Although my father is more the financial shark than the honest builder and my mother... Well let's just say we don't exactly see eye to eye about a number of things and leave it at that. So then there's me I grew up wealthy I get more in a day than some people earn in a month. Do you have any idea what that's like? People sucking up to you because you have money people trying to use you, in the end I learnt to push them away because it was easier than the constant barrage of can you do this or can you buy me that. So I was a bit of a loner.

Now though I have colleagues, perhaps even friends. People who respect me for what I can do and not for my money. And that's more priceless than anything I've ever owned. I hope I can prove myself worthy of their respect.

quote:

How did you gain your skills?

Well ever since I was a kid I've always been more athletic than brainy. I think I kind of disappointed both of my parents in that respect. I was never any good at team sports. Too many people trying to suck up to me becaue I'm rich was always a problem. No where I excelled was the solo sports. I did a lot of gymnastics and it was purely by chance that I picked up a sport I'd never heard of before. Fencing. Turned out I was a natural with a sword. I could move the epee around like I'd been born with it in my hand. I even had ambitions of being an Olympic athlete at one point before I found my true calling. As for how I keep my skills sharp? hours and hours of practice I envy those heroes who have some sort of special enhancements but some of us have had to work and sweat for our skills.

quote:

When did you first put on your costume?

I was coming home from fencing practice. I hadn't had time to change so I still had my gear on, I probably shouldn't have walked but I'd needed to clear my head a bit after being thrown round the salle by my trainer.It was then when I spotted a young woman not more than a couple of years older than me being attacked by three gangbangers with knives. I should have called out for help. I should have phoned the police but I didn't. I was so angry right there and then. I pulled my mask down to cover my face and drew my sword and charged. The thugs didn't stand a chance I've always known I was good with a sword but that was the first time I'd drawn a blade in anger. I left them bleeding but still alive and you know what happened then? She thanked me sincerely and gratefully. I wasn't some rich bitch with more money than sense. I wasn't the loner who no one liked at school. I was a hero in her eyes. When she asked me who I was I just stammered out the first thing that came into my head. "En-Garde" and that was that.

quote:

Who, outside of the team, thinks you shouldn’t be a superhero?

My parents. No I didn't tell them but come on they're both pretty smart I should've counted on them figuring it out. It was my father who spotted it first. Unusual payments going out of my accounts, mysterious parcels arriving without labels. I think they assumed I was into drugs. When they found out what I was really spending the money on I think they would have preferred drugs. After all having the money to insert half of Colombia up your nose is highly prized amongst the great and the good of Halycon's financial world. But my parents were more concerned about the scandal it might cause if anyone found out that their daughter was how did my mother put it? "running around in tights and spandex and consorting with entirely the wrong type of people." They tried to get me to stop. But I'm not going to. This is important. It's not some childish whim whatever they say.

quote:

Why do you try to be a hero?

Because that rush from looking into the eyes of someone you've saved and seeing their respect, their admiraton, their love is addictive. I've tried to convince myself that it's about doing the right thing about giving something back for all the money my family has taken from this city about defending something I care about. But that's ultimately it for me. Promise you won't tell anyone else? I think they'd be disappointed in me.

quote:

Why do you care about the team?

Because on my own I'm just one girl with a sword. I can make a dent in street crime but that's just a symptom of the much larger disease. The bigger problems need bigger cures and I can't do that alone. I need help and this team might be the ones to provide it. I hope so anyway I really do.

quote:

Which current hero sponsored your entrance onto the team? What did you do that convinced them?

That would be Samson yeah the big black guy with the super-strength and the long hair. I'd been doing the rounds of a city block where there'd been a number of kidnappings of young women. They were disappearing and no bodies were being found. I'd tracked the cult responsible to an old apartment building and made my way in. But it looked like someone had already beaten me to it. Place looked like a warzone injured and knocked out cultists all over the place, bullet holes in the walls the works. I snuck as best I could into the building and that's when I saw him. Tied to a table being interrogated. They wanted to know how he'd found out about "the summoning" whatever that was. That's when I did something that was either really brave or really stupid. I'd say brave but he called it stupid. I charged into the middle of them and began fighting. It should've been suicide they had guns they could have filled me full of lead but I didn't give them those crucial few moments to think to
use them. About half way through the fight he ripped free of his bonds and joined in the fun. Wasn't much of a fight with the two of us working together. Afterwards we compared notes, he was a little angry with me at first because he'd gotten captured deliberately to get some more information out of them and I'd ruined that. But he said I had potential that my heart was in the right place even if I should have more sense that to take on a bunch of crazies with out of date weapons and that with the right training and seasoning I could make a real difference....

quote:

That awesome place in town you know about? Tell me about it!

Allen and Waynes is THE department store in Halycon if not the entire United States. They boast that if it's for sale you can find it there. Everything from the latest in technology to an old antique for your grandma. Rumour has it though that the management will go to extraordinary lengths to obtain what their customers want even going so far as to enage a number of the more morally gray shall we say heroes or villains to obtain the items they sell. You could spend days there and still not see everything they have for sale. Everyone who is anyone shops there. They've catered to presidents kings, princesses and on at least one memorable occasion alien despots it'd be easier to list who hasn't bought things from there. I shop there regularly of course. They're handy for some of the more esoteric tools of my new trade.

quote:

Remind me, who's that interesting/important non-hero you know about?

Louis Barraclough I'm surprised you haven't seen him on TV. He's Halycon's most famous philanthropist and he's always raising money for the victims of this or that superpowered crisis. He's a really nice person as well if you ever get the chance to meet him in person. I even got to shake his hand when he came to hit up my parents for donations. He's built orphanages, schools hospitals and he does a lot of lobbying on behalf of the victims of villains. Halycon should be proud to have people like him living here.

quote:

(optional) What are you doing in the show's intro credits montage?

quote:

(optional) A thread name for the IC thread

quote:

Name: En Garde
Secret Identity:Junko Nishimura
Look: Asian, Pretty face, stylish clothing, stylish costume.
Abilities: Swords, Acrobatics

Drives

Choose four drives to mark at the start of play. When you fulfill a marked drive, strike it out, and
choose one: mark potential, clear a condition, take Influence over someone involved.
When your four marked drives are all struck out, choose and mark four new drives. When all
drives are struck out, change playbooks, retire from the life, or become a paragon of the city.
  • lead the team successfully in battle
  • kiss someone dangerous
  • punch someone you probably shouldn’t
  • help a teammate when they most need you
  • Take down a threat all on your own
  • outperform an adult hero
  • pull off a ridiculous stunt
  • save a teammate’s life
  • get drunk or high with a teammate
  • drive a fantastical vehicle
  • get a new costume
  • get a new hero name
  • earn the respect of a hero you admire
  • make out with a teammate
  • punch out a teammate
  • break up with someone
  • stop a fight with calm words
  • tell someone your true feelings for them
  • travel to an incredible place (or time)
  • reject someone who tells you “you shouldn’t be here"

Moves:

Straight. Up. Creepin’.:

When you scope out a
person or place, roll + Mundane. On a 10+, ask
two. On a 7-9, ask one.
- what’s my best way in/out?
- what happened here recently?
- what here is worth grabbing?
- who or what here is not what they seem?
- whose place is this?
On a miss, you find yourself in over your head.
The GM will tell you why this is a bad spot

Suck it, Domitian:

When you stand strong
while dramatically under fire, roll + Savior
instead of + Danger to directly engage a threat.

Be mindful of your surroundings:

When you assess the situation before entering into a fight, you may ask one additional question, even on a miss.

Team Moves:

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them how they’re awesome and add
a Team to the pool. If they tell you how you’re awesome in return, add another Team to the pool.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them to confirm or deny that you
should be here. If they confirm it, mark potential and give them Influence over you. If they deny it,
mark Angry and shift one Label up and one Label down, your choice

Stats:

Freak: -1
Danger: -1
Savior: +2
Superior: +1
Mundane: +2

Relationships

____________________ is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.

You’ve got to prove yourself to_____________________ before you feel like a real hero.

Influence
You are so excited to be here. Give Influence over you to three of your teammates.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 27, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Relationships

quote:

Getterman Pink is awesome, and you take every chance you get to hang out with them.

Getterman is such an interesting person she's like no one else I've ever met. I know she said she's from some sort of alternate dimension and when she said she's all alone here, I really felt sorry for her. I know what it's like to feel isolated. So I started spending more time with her. She's a very private person though so I don't know what goes on behind the mask. But I've been showing her round Halcyon helping her get to know the terrain so to speak. it's nice to have a friend

quote:

You’ve got to prove yourself to Aurora Angel before you feel like a real hero.

Aurora is a hero from a long line of heroes. She's pretty much everything I wish I was. She's attractive popular downright heroic and everyone really seems to like her. Also she knows more about being a hero than I ever will. She was brought up in it. If I can show her I can keep up with whatever comes my way. I'll know I've definitely made it into the big time.

Influence

You are so excited to be here. Give Influence over you to three of your teammates.

Getterman Pink
Auora Angel
Megumi Sakomoto

quote:

We found signs that this incident was just the start of something bigger. What were the signs?

I can't believe I tried to kill an alien with a sword. It was awesome! especially with having the others to back me up and pull me out of danger when things went wrong which they did when you fight something that strong. I remember the thing had some sort of glowy crystal thing and Supernova immediately grabbed it. She did something to it I'm not sure what but it started showing some kind of hologram thing with weird alien writing. She looked at it and read it. If she'd been human I would have said the blood drained out of her face. But after a while she only said one word. "Invasion" I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means. I mean look at what one of these things had done to us.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 19, 2016

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Still waiting on the 'When we first came together' bit for En Garde, and Supernova.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
Mine's all done!

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
TEAM 2!

GAME THREAD IS UP!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Btw, I should clarify Tenshi's reputation. Publicly, he doesn't appear much, but general knowledge is that he's a for-hire mercenary that has done a lot of jobs, and is very violent in general. As a member of the family that runs Sakami International, he is pretty well-known, but doesn't appear at all when he's not on the job.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.
For getting Influence on Megumi, who Supernova already has it on, will raise Mundane 1 and lower Superior, due to the way Supernova is treating her post kiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

GodFish posted:

For getting Influence on Megumi, who Supernova already has it on, will raise Mundane 1 and lower Superior, due to the way Supernova is treating her post kiss.

Cold!

• Locked thread