Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

"I'll bite anyone who tries to blame you for that Riley!" I try to glare after Lisa, but it's really hard to when Riley wraps me up in a side-hug and is holding me close to her! My heart is beating away, I can hear it thumping loudly in my chest. Even harder than trying to look angry is resisting the urge to turn and kiss her. I end up failing to the first one, but managing to hold back on the second, so as the three of us walk away, me in the middle, I'm smiling broadly and clinging to Riley with one arm. What a perfect way to end a school day...

*bzzz* *bzzz*

Oh, right, my phone. Grimacing, I manage to squeeze the umbrella handle between my shoulder and my side and wiggle my hand into my pocket to pry out my phone. Unlocking it, I hold it up in front of my face to take a look. Who keeps messaging me now of all times?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Sunny

Whoever is texting you, they're not on your contact list, and they haven't bothered giving you any kind of identifying information.

Conversation with a number you don't recognise posted:

???: You can't trust Anne
???: Stay away from her if you don't want to end up like Larry

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot: 2 | Cold: -1 | Volatile: -1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 3/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: -

Unable to stop myself, my eyes flicker over towards Anne for a second before returning to frown at the texts. What did they mean, end up like Larry? Well, that was obvious really, punched by Riley. But why would trusting Anne end up with Riley punching me? Anne said she'd try and hook the two of us up! Did that mean she told Larry the same thing? Is she trying to get everyone who likes Riley to gently caress up so she'll be the only person left and Riley will end up with her?! But no, that's ridiculous, she wasn't anywhere near Larry before he came over to tease Riley about the fish smell thing... Was she? Swiping the chat page up a little, I push the messages off the top of the screen view so the others can't see and thumb a response awkwardly while I walk along.

Conversation with a number I don't recognize posted:

???: You can't trust Anne
???: Stay away from her if you don't want to end up like Larry
Sunny: what do u mean?
Sunny: who is this?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Hot: 2 Cold: -1 Volatile: -1 Dark: 1
Harm: 0/4 Exp: 3/5 Conditions:

Ha ha~ Look who's right yet again~ Me, that's who. And my being right yet again, has let me discover a wellspring of interesting emotions and feelings. Looks like the busy bee found himself a new flower to buzz at, and so soon! And even better, it's with Spencer, who has apparently caught the attention of one Lisa. Oh this is too good! The busy bee is trying to catch the soft breeze, while the breeze is getting ready to get carried off by the pull of the swift brook! Ohhh, for just a second I wish that I weren't busy with Riley and Sunny, just so that I could follow this with the degree of attention it deserves. But! Then that moment is gone. Maybe if I'm lucky (I always am~) their little maelstrom will take some time before it's ready.

The soft thwaps of the rain on my umbrella make a lovely accompaniment to the soft plaps and thuds of the three of us walking. Dear Sunny is busy on her phone, which leaves me to chat with Riley. And just maybe plant a few ideas for what we could be doing later~

"So Riley, does your band have any groupies? My dad's told me a few stories from when he used to be a roadie back in the day~"

My tone and the look I give her are more than enough for her to understand what those stories were about and what I'm hinting at. Never mind that he never actually got anymore detailed than 'yeah, some of the groupies were pretty crazy, really wanted to meet the band'. I think everyone knows exactly what rockstar groupies get up to~

Turn On Riley: 2d6+2 12
String get!

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

Hot: -1 | Cold: 0 | Volatile: 1 | Dark: 1 --- Experience: 3/5 | Conditions: I Thought You Were Cool | Harm: 0/4 | Location: Parking Lot --> Hangout

I can't help but laugh at that. "Oh yeah, totally. Just lining up around the block. Anne, we'd be happy to have any fans." Okay so she probably knew that, but my default reaction is to be a smartass, especially when I'm getting flustered. And the only reason to even bring that up is to get a rise out of me, right? Or is she actually flirting? Whether she intended to or not, the thought is certainly... appealing, to put it lightly. I can easily picture myself heading backstage after a big show, still riding that high of playing for a huge crowd and collapsing on a couch with Anne, lips touching, hands roaming... I snap back to reality with what has to be a noticeable blush. I'm not sure which part of that daydream is more unlikely, but that doesn't mean it's impossible, right? I'm terrible at being subtle but I'm not making the same mistake twice and just bluntly charge forward on assumptions or wishful thinking. "But hey, I somehow roped you two into listening, so that's a start." I add with a smirk.

• Locked thread