Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Toadvine posted:

I ride a bike :smugdog:

yea without the seat cover, im sure :ocelot::grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
Off-road or driving a fun twisty road? yeah I'll take the wheel thank you very much.

Commuting in traffic? Oh gently caress the hell yes I would rather let a computer deal with that bullshit. Sign me right the gently caress up.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can't wait for idiots to overclock their self driving cars

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Lastgirl posted:

yea without the seat cover, im sure :ocelot::grin:
it would just be lazy to never take the rain cover off the seat

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Unfortunately, google.steeringcolumn.app has stopped!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I love my rust bucket.

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

I'm more partial to the "I, Robot" imagining so that I could still drive if I wanted to, rather than being flung around in one of those sideways-driving death machines.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
now im glad i never watched this movie

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Once the tech gets sorted out the insurance companies will enforce your compliance with adjusted monthly rates or a penalty for manually operating, thereby allowing everyone to shrug and say "well, you have a choice, we're not forcing anyone to do anything." That's when the government starts demanding override privileges for all vehicles for "our protection". Anyway, that's my Sci Fi dystopia story for the day.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RedMage129 posted:

Once the tech gets sorted out the insurance companies will enforce your compliance with adjusted monthly rates or a penalty for manually operating, thereby allowing everyone to shrug and say "well, you have a choice, we're not forcing anyone to do anything." That's when the government starts demanding override privileges for all vehicles for "our protection". Anyway, that's my Sci Fi dystopia story for the day.

insurance companies are already offering "discounts" (IE, the actual rate,) to put GPS shits in your car to make sure you obey the rules of the road ;)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm in favor of doing less things. Self-driving cars would give me more time to shitpost here.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mega64 posted:

I'm in favor of doing less things. Self-driving cars would give me more time to shitpost here.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Just imagine: a 2-hour commute where you just sit back and post " u r g a y" the whole time

E: that's why I take the bus so I can actually do that on my commute. Public transit is cool

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 16, 2016

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Toadvine posted:

I ride a bike :smugdog:

Hope you like self riding bikes

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
i ride bikes

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Thin Privilege posted:

Just imagine: a 2-hour commute where you just sit back and post " u r g a y" the whole time

E: that's why I take the bus so I can actually do that on my commute. Public transit is cool

I'm currently driving over an hour each way to/from work, because there are zero bus routes that would work.

I legit miss mass transit. :(

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

E: that's why I take the bus so I can actually do that on my commute.
yeah thats why you take the bus

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i like how mad this made all the self driving car rubes

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
god i hate driving on brick pavement

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Getting wasted and passing out in the back seat while my car takes me home like a chauffeur seems pretty cool OP.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

CubanMissile posted:

Getting wasted and passing out in the back seat while my car takes me home like a chauffeur seems pretty cool OP.
your mom does sound pretty cool

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Self driving cars steal jobs!!!!!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Doccers posted:

Commuting in traffic? Oh gently caress the hell yes I would rather let a computer deal with that bullshit. Sign me right the gently caress up.

congrats the guy tailgating a lorry just decided to pull into your lane as you were passing him and now your dead

but like 30 mph crawling it would be nice

XMNN fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Aug 17, 2016

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Doccers posted:

I'm currently driving over an hour each way to/from work, because there are zero bus routes that would work.

I legit miss mass transit. :(

Mass transit :( :respek: :(

Love mass transit. Mine has been getting less funding while all the MORONS sit in back to back traffic despite the bus being RIGHT THERE. Like why wouldn't you sit in the comfort of the clean bus (they're actually clean here) and waste $20 gas and $80 parking when you can pay $2.50 the bus? So you don't look like a poor? I guess that's why there's self driving cars so people don't feel POOR riding the bus but still want to poo poo post during the commute

/words

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

XMNN posted:

congrats the guy tailgating a lorry just decided to pull into your lane as you were passing him and now your dead

but like 30 mph crawling it would be nice

my dead what?

Thin Privilege posted:

Love mass transit. Mine has been getting less funding while all the MORONS sit in back to back traffic despite the bus being RIGHT THERE. Like why wouldn't you sit in the comfort of the clean bus (they're actually clean here) and waste $20 gas and $80 parking when you can pay $2.50 the bus? So you don't look like a poor? I guess that's why there's self driving cars so people don't feel POOR riding the bus but still want to poo poo post during the commute

/words

Yeah mass transit keeps getting shat on by people who have never used it. Annoying.

Doccers fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 17, 2016

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I sit on the third row on the left, next to the window. If this seat is taken then I sit in the fourth row on the left, next to the window and fart a lot. If that seat is taken then I sit fifth row on the left, next to the window and fart a lot. IF that seat is taken then I poo poo my pants, cause that's never happened.

Edit: I mean my seat and or backups were always open, not that I haven't poo poo myself on public transportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thin Privilege posted:

/words

This is why you idiot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQTuYo6HmiQ

• Locked thread