Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

dookifex_maximus posted:

WHAT HAPPENED TO BLOCK C

Lots of clavo poo poo, ninja turtles don't even go in there anymore. Nothing but lights and weird sound in your head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

Al Cowens posted:

Factorio is real good and I am looking forward to the new rail path implements to make it out of beta and into the steam mainline.
I also do Railway Oriented Programming so I look forward to stealing your job OP

That's pretty loving cool.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Brady posted:

what the gently caress are you people going on about this isn't loving e/n

i dunno man i can't tell the op to kill himself anymore, gotta say something

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Kang Wang posted:

I don't have any ink if thats what you mean.

How are you printing your resumes then?

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

DrowningInDreams posted:

Yeah nah I busted my rear end off and got thanked personally on a weekly basis by management/administration and they actually went out of their way to cut me out of the loop on managerial training that I had signed up for, three times not calling me after I had put my name down on the sheet. The also hosed me around and wouldn't let me use the women's locker room or (at first) leave my coat with the front desk, until I started walking to work through blizzards with just my work clothes and they thought I might die and they might get bad publicity or something. But I mean, that was a terrible company by all accounts, so it's not like my experience was special or anything, at least not in the broad sense.

They thanked you by cutting you out of the loop? HA! I love how some companies have this attitude and then show this other face but its not the end of the world. Things will change when they put a women in the office. I myself am looking forward to being not paid three dollars an hour because I'm currently disabled and thats a lot to look forward to.

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

The Bananana posted:

How are you printing your resumes then?

My dad has a laser printer. LOL. I have INK like photo ink but I don't have any tats in that I've never thought anything I've seen is worthy of being put on my body by anyone other than myself.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Kang Wang posted:

The problem with not having a job is when you've been out of work so long no ones give you a chance. It's not like I don't want a job its that as every day goes by I just get worse and worse at actualizing the skills needed to find and keep a job, but this doesn't get me down because hey, once life turns around. It really turns around.

I don't even get callbacks to my followup calls.

:smithicide:

I don't even have enough money to buy a gun and end my life now.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Microwaves Mom posted:

I don't even get callbacks to my followup calls.

:smithicide:

I don't even have enough money to buy a gun and end my life now.

I have a gun, friend.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Bananana posted:

I have a gun, friend.

I might have to borrow it from you. I'm also considering death by cop at this point, because they're so trigger happy, but I'm white so it might not work.

ALthough I'm fast approaching poverty line so maybe it will?

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Microwaves Mom posted:

I might have to borrow it from you. I'm also considering death by cop at this point, because they're so trigger happy, but I'm white so it might not work.

You should try something in writing field. I think you to be very funny and your writing unique.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

Use my gun to Rob people. It's win win. Either you get away with it, and get money/find purpose in life, or you don't, and you get killed by cops.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

The Bananana posted:

Use my gun to Rob people. It's win win. Either you get away with it, and get money/find purpose in life, or you don't, and you get killed by cops.

I hadn't considered this option.

Kang Wang posted:

You should try something in writing field. I think you to be very funny and your writing unique.

Its a very niche field that you have to know people to get into. If you don't you're hosed. So that's a no go unless I want to write clickbait ads which I'd rather kill myself than do.

There is more honor in being a thief than a guy who writes clickbait articles.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

Too right, mate

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
do you think the firzst guy who invented a temp agencty initially just hired his replacement for cheaper and kept doing that instead of his real job?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

I hadn't considered this option.

Its a very niche field that you have to know people to get into. If you don't you're hosed. So that's a no go unless I want to write clickbait ads which I'd rather kill myself than do.

well, whatever you do dont kill yourself

you have a lot to live for and your little articles are so zany

maybe you can submit them to readers digest while you are back living with your parents to get yourself back on your feet?

again, don't kill yourself -your death would be a loss to a field that needs people in it

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

hth posted:

maybe you can submit them to readers digest while you are back living with your parents to get yourself back on your feet?

again, don't kill yourself

I'm glad for your support if you had told me to kill myself I might have done it. We don't want the body pile count on GBS adding up under Smythe's watch.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

hth posted:

again, don't kill yourself -your death would be a loss to a field that needs people in it

I cant get a good read on this...

sarcasm maybe? I cant tell.. :confused:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

I'm glad for your support if you had told me to kill myself I might have done it. We don't want the body pile count on GBS adding up under Smythe's watch.

gently caress yeah!

saving lives... thats what the comedy forum is all about, friend

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

still... not... sure... :negative:

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Kang Wang posted:

Plenty of experienced people will tell you once you get your foot in the door its up from there and this is true in theory but it all depends on how hard you work and how much you actually look forward to improving the people you work for and not just doing it for the paycheck. People will notice if you really care and people will thank you in kind.

Until there's a reason to just loving hip check you out out the door. Girl who ran the front desk at my business got unexplained sudden firing. Best guess is the management found a volunteer willing to do most of her job for free (we're kind of half a state park) and they took the first incredibly minor non fuckup as a reason to not get sued over it and save 12 bux an hour or whatever incredibly onerous salary she was pulling down

Best actual non retarded advice is work hard and you might get lucky but you only ever really get ahead by never stopping the job search. You get way more mileage out of overselling yourself and scrambling to cover than you do out of doing an exceptional job and asking for a raise like a civilized person.

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

Drink Cheerwine posted:

do you think the firzst guy who invented a temp agencty initially just hired his replacement for cheaper and kept doing that instead of his real job?

I've seen Lorne Michaels be funny but he does very few scenes. Maybe this is what you are talking about?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
If you're passably decent at math certain areas of the country also have an electrician shortage and they will literally pay to train you and if you pass you get a guaranteed gig. Still a scam but a scam you can leverage into work somewhere that isnt poo poo

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Stupid Baby posted:

If you're passably decent at math certain areas of the country also have an electrician shortage and they will literally pay to train you and if you pass you get a guaranteed gig. Still a scam but a scam you can leverage into work somewhere that isnt poo poo

This sounds completely fake or like something Hillary will ruin.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

You should definitely use that guys gun.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Apeshit Sixfingers posted:

You should definitely use that guys gun.

I've got a name, mother fucker

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

The Bananana posted:

I've got a name, mother fucker

What's this about milfs now?

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

A Stupid Baby posted:

Until there's a reason to just loving hip check you out out the door. Girl who ran the front desk at my business got unexplained sudden firing. Best guess is the management found a volunteer willing to do most of her job for free (we're kind of half a state park) and they took the first incredibly minor non fuckup as a reason to not get sued over it and save 12 bux an hour or whatever incredibly onerous salary she was pulling down

Best actual non retarded advice is work hard and you might get lucky but you only ever really get ahead by never stopping the job search. You get way more mileage out of overselling yourself and scrambling to cover than you do out of doing an exceptional job and asking for a raise like a civilized person.

You seem to say money is the problem but I hope if you are still working there money isn't the reason they fire people because if things get bad, easily seen to happen if you work for the government, you'll start seeing some of your friends disappearing.

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

A Stupid Baby posted:

I was once available to work in such a position but things are happening beyond my control on a physical level and I hope to god it doesn't get worse but thats something that might very well happen.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Kang Wang posted:

You seem to say money is the problem but I hope if you are still working there money isn't the reason they fire people because if things get bad especially, easily seen to happen if you work for the government, you'll start seeing some of your friends disappearing.

That's half of it, the other half is the director is friends with the immediate replacement. This isn't really "government work", just a business that operates on state owned land and enjoys certain tax breaks, as someone who's worked for the USPS. I honestly prefer the paperwork idiot maze of the bureaucracy than the flagrant nepotism and ego-driven decision making of the private sector

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

canpakes posted:

This sounds completely fake or like something Hillary will ruin.

The catch is they pay you far less than an electrician would normally be worth and you probably have to sign a noncompete or something. Work two years, get some experience, then just gently caress off to some other part of the country without telling them where, idk

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

A Stupid Baby posted:

That's half of it, the other half is the director is friends with the immediate replacement. This isn't really "government work", just a business that operates on state owned land and enjoys certain tax breaks, as someone who's worked for the USPS. I honestly prefer the paperwork idiot maze of the bureaucracy than the flagrant nepotism and ego-driven decision making of the private sector

I would like to think this is true but once Chelsea Clinton gets elected we will all have a good laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kang Wang
Aug 16, 2016

A Stupid Baby posted:

The catch is they pay you far less than an electrician would normally be worth and you probably have to sign a noncompete or something. Work two years, get some experience, then just gently caress off to some other part of the country without telling them where, idk

I pride myself in knowing what jobs to take and I do agree electricians are very important in the fact that if the global economy wants to continue expanding... Lets just say I don't have my money on quantum leaping.

• Locked thread