Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Mange Mite posted:

i dont think taking horse tranquilizers then prancing around counts as dressage

way before I got into ketamine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

have you ever been so cross with another man that you struck him?

psychokitty
Jun 29, 2010

=9.9=
MEOW
BITCHES

JakeP posted:

suck my dick you fuckman

RELINQUISH THE TAG

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Seaside Loafer posted:

So there is an element of theater to the whole thing then yes?

The fans expect and want a rumble (which is sort pre-planned) while at the same time they are actually playing the game. Wow.

The best fights are the ones that aren't preplanned but are a result of a bad hit in the game or a scrum or whatever.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1-YL9S53bk

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
The bench clearing brawl at the World Juniors many years ago was epic. We (Canada) got booted from the tournament as a result. Canadian hockey (and Theo Fleury) at it's finest. :canada:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hockey is the best sport and anyone who says otherwise is a fuckman who can suck my dick.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Infidel Castro posted:

Hockey is the best sport and anyone who says otherwise is a fuckman who can suck my dick.

I say otherwise

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Mange Mite posted:

I recommend the documentary film Slap Shot if you want to learn more

this and also Goon

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

seriously op it will answer all of your questions

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Uhh you hit the puck down the rink and these guys are tough guys, if they didn't make it playing hockey they'd be on an Alberta oil rig somewhere, so when you don't like somebody you take a swing at him.

Very simple stuff but I understand white men outside the North American continent are total pussies.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I say otherwise

Well then get goin' hoss :getin:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
last time i checked the NHL fine for checking someone into the boards is still like $100 tops

i dont know much about sports but i think fighting is considered preferable to giving someone a severe concussion

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Fighting is allowed in boxing and UFC, I don't see what the big deal is? They complicate poo poo somewhat by adding sticks skates and a puck but hockey players just need the discipline and level headedness not to hit dudes with the stick or cut a motherfuckers throat with the skates. Mature adults can give and take an asskicking in a consensual regulated sporting environment and it's all in good fun.

Automatic Retard
Oct 21, 2010

PUT THIS WANKSTAIN ON IGNORE

Mange Mite posted:

I recommend the documentary film Slap Shot if you want to learn more

I recommend the movie GOON for more info on hockey fighting. It's a true story about an enforcer.

Also cos goon haha

Edit: fucken beaten

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.

GRANNYS PEACH TEA posted:

Fighting is allowed in boxing and UFC, I don't see what the big deal is? They complicate poo poo somewhat by adding sticks skates and a puck but hockey players just need the discipline and level headedness not to hit dudes with the stick or cut a motherfuckers throat with the skates. Mature adults can give and take an asskicking in a consensual regulated sporting environment and it's all in good fun.

You're right. We should ban fighting in boxing and UFC. Maybe even ban physical contact in Olympic style wrestling. I know OWR is actually really really bad hugging but it can be construed as fighting. So just to be safe.

Kwosge fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

JakeP posted:

drat that dude beat the poo poo out of the whole other team

Well he kept attacking people and sucker punching people who didnt even want to fight

• Locked thread