Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Let's talk about our favorite Scooby Doo episodes and movies!

My favorite, and it's not even close, is Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers. I used to watch this poo poo every time I stayed home sick from school.

quote:

Shaggy discovers that his uncle Colonel Beauregard has died and left him his country estate, which is on a plantation and is apparently frequented by ghosts. Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy head for the estate in order to claim Shaggy's inheritance. However, on their arrival they are pursued by a headless horseman and by the alleged ghost of the Colonel who taunts them telling to leave or else.

Meanwhile, they meet the creepy manservant Farquard who tells them that a vast fortune in jewels is hidden somewhere on the estate and that it is rightfully his and that Shaggy has no business there. Intrigued, the gang decide to hunt down the jewels much to Farquard's chagrin and the local Sheriff, Rufus Buzby, who is on the trail of an escaped circus ape is skeptical about the jewels' existence. They follow the trail through a number of clues that the Colonel has hidden for them, but their progress is interrupted by a number of ghostly apparitions that include living skeletons, headless corpses and the ghostly Colonel.

In order to exorcise the ghosts they call upon the "Boo Brothers", three bumbling ghost hunters (modeled after the Three Stooges) who have a novelty - they're ghosts themselves! Is Beauregard Manor really haunted or are the ghosts created by someone who is out to get the treasure for themselves? There are plenty of suspects including Farquard and the late Colonel's neighbor Billy Bob Scroggins whose family has been rivaling with the Beauregard family for generations.

Anyone else remember Scooby Doo Meets the Boo Brothers?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
Why did they sometimes put Shaggy in a red shirt like that? Didn't they do the same with "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo"? Kinda like Bart Simpson sometimes having a blue shirt in the merchandising.

I liked any episode where just before they cut to the first commercial break they walk past some creepy portrait and it turns out the bad guy is watching them through holes in the portrait's eyes and it looks around all shifty while dramatic sting music plays.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
okay, a hick sheriff hunting down an escaped circus ape? i normally hate you and your threads but i can't resist a premise that amazing.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I always resented those later Scooby Doo episodes where ghosts and monsters are real after all. It felt like the series sold out.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

have you seen the Scooby Doo meets the wwe fighters is it any good I wanna watch it but not without the Goon seal of approval

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Celluloid Sam posted:

have you seen the Scooby Doo meets the wwe fighters is it any good I wanna watch it but not without the Goon seal of approval

I've got to say, I wouldn't have high hopes based on the cover...

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

no its not that one it's the other one

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
was feelin pretty good, scrolled down on my phone through your jpeg

then i saw that little BITCH scrappy and you ruined my night

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

yo scrappy is my ese gently caress wit him and you fuckin wit me mang

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Junk posted:

Why did they sometimes put Shaggy in a red shirt like that? Didn't they do the same with "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo"? Kinda like Bart Simpson sometimes having a blue shirt in the merchandising.

"His distinctive clothing consists of a green v-neck T-shirt and brownish red bell-bottom pants. In The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo and early made-for-TV movies, he wore a red v-neck and blue bell-bottoms."

I never really noticed it originally, but I probably watched this movie more than any other movies/episodes combined, so I guess I'm not surprised.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

OctoberBlues posted:

Does the monster show up out of nowhere and do Sweet Wrestling Moves on the wrestlers?

Do they suspect the "Sinister Magical Grave-man" themed wrestler at first because he's all sketchy about it but then it turns out he's innocent and it was secretly the janitor?

Peddle2thaMetal
Apr 17, 2012

ooooooooo yeaaaahhh
I remember that one, it was pretty good. My personal favorite was Scooby Doo and the Ghoul School:

"Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, and Scrappy-Doo are on their way to a Miss Grimwood's Finishing School for Girls, where they have been hired as gym teachers. Once there, however, they find that it is actually a school for girl ghouls."

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

OctoberBlues posted:

I watched this with my nephews and shockingly, it was just really good classic 70s-80s Scooby. They treated it like they did those old batman and globe trotters episodes

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Scooby-Doo sucks you idiot retard

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Well Scooby Doo can doo-doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

notZaar posted:

Scooby-Doo sucks you idiot retard

lol

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
All the law enforcement types look like the same man, or clone variations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Hanna Barbara churned out a lot of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

dsriggs posted:

Well Scooby Doo can doo-doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter!

• Locked thread