Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Zone of the Enders is a game about giant robots fighting other giant robots, and frankly that's all you should need to know. A group called BAHRAM attacks Antillia station in the worst thought out plan to capture two giant robots. This plan fails SO spectacularly that a dumb teen accidentally steals one of their targets and starts smashing up their entire attack force. The Zone of the Enders series in general is also an excellent case study on how a great series can be killed by repeated mismanagement and bafflingly stupid decisions.

So how will this LP be done?

As usual, I, Danaru, have played this game a poo poo ton and will be playing for the LP as Grace experiences the game for the first time. We are playing on Very Hard mode and played the entire game in one sitting. We use zero saves so any rankings are set in stone. Antillia stands or burns by our actions :colbert:

Also I'd been drinking quite a bit of cider before/during the game, so rest easy, people of Antillia

Are you two mature enough to not constantly make dick jokes?

Dear lord no. If the people who created this game aren't mature enough to not do that, we're not even going to try.

Hey! The game audio is a bit choppy for the first five minutes!

For some reason my capture absolutely HATED the pre-rendered cutscene in the beginning. This clears up the second we get to in engine stuff. I don't really get it either but later pre-rendered stuff works perfectly fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:Let's Play Zone of the Enders Episode 1 - Antillia.readme:siren:

I mention a couple scenes from ZOE: Dolores in this episode;

This fella here is Colonel Nohman who leads the attack on Antillia. This scene he appears in is immediately after ZOE1. He has a rough two years between the two games.

This is what a stock Neith looks like. Viola's a weirdo.

Tempest looks just as stupid in the anime.

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
Love the reasoning behind the "cockpit". Other than that glad you're doing this game it's helluva good one.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Leo the dude blew up your apartment block. Surely that should give you some thought towards ADA's words

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Mummyheads were my jam in multiplayer, love those things.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Mummyheads were my jam in multiplayer, love those things.

You would :colbert:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Zone of the Enders Episode 2 - Vector Prank

So on Very Hard mode, there's a massive wall of difficulty once you start encountering level 5 frames because they get access to their stronger burst attacks. Mummyheads get Comet, Raptors get Bounder and their melee slash, Cyclopes... uhhh well they get faster and more grabby. Astonishingly, by the end of the game, raptors become the biggest nightmare for reasons you'll see in the video :shepface:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Danaru posted:

You would :colbert:

Yes, because the very episode you posted demonstrates why they kick rear end.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well that death scream is no "snake...Snake?...Snake!!"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Zone of the Enders Episode 3 - Don't Do Metatron

Bahram HATES him! This frame runner's one weird trick for always A-ranking SOS mission 3!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Superhot: "You wanted me!"

ZOE: "Who would want me?"

How quickly they forget.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Zone of the Enders Episode 4 - A Lust For Revenge

Watch as I, in real time, realize how I can make Tyrant a complete chumplord

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I can't believe Dan keeps doing racist imitations of ADA. I mean seriously.

Atomikus
Jun 4, 2010

Muncie? Muncie! MUNCIE!
I'm really worried about you, Dan. You've gotta stop being so racist.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"Didn't we have the detector?"
"Wow, you actually..."

Hey now Dan, don't be rude to Grace. He does pay attention to the games you're playing :colbert:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
I can't believe sweet babby Dan said Luigi needs to die.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Zone of the Enders Episode 5 - You'll Protect Me, Right?

Whoops! A little late since it was a long-rear end work week! We fight a gross terrible robot, and have a rematch with Viola!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dear Leo,

Your human mentality screams for vengeance and thrives on the violence that you say you can hardly endure. Organic beings are constantly fighting for life. Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself? How can you expect yourself to give up violence?

It is your nature.

Do you feel free?

Signed,
A better AI than ADA

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Dear Leo,

Your human mentality screams for vengeance and thrives on the violence that you say you can hardly endure. Organic beings are constantly fighting for life. Every breath, every motion brings you one instant closer to your death. With that kind of heritage and destiny, how can you deny yourself? How can you expect yourself to give up violence?

It is your nature.

Do you feel free?

Signed,
A better AI than ADA

That's rather unfair.

Durandal is a better AI than anyone else. Of course ADA is going to look bad in comparison.

On her own merits, her frequent complete lack of concern for Leo's emotions is delightful.

I'm just glad ZoE 2 came out and actually made good on the first game's promise. Are we going to see Shut Up I'm Dingo here too, or is ZoE 1 where it ends?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ADA is clearly being infected by Leo's stupid babby emotions. That was my point to maligning ADA.

Mostly Leo is just so terrible.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

chiasaur11 posted:

I'm just glad ZoE 2 came out and actually made good on the first game's promise. Are we going to see Shut Up I'm Dingo here too, or is ZoE 1 where it ends?

As much as I would adore playing ZOE2, the tactic of "Run up to their face and stab them" generally gets me killed in the second game. I can barely get past the prologue, to my eternal shame :( It'll come eventually, but unless you want seven straight episodes of me dying to Raptors, it won't be soon.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Danaru posted:

As much as I would adore playing ZOE2, the tactic of "Run up to their face and stab them" generally gets me killed in the second game. I can barely get past the prologue, to my eternal shame :( It'll come eventually, but unless you want seven straight episodes of me dying to Raptors, it won't be soon.

Was that on normal, or easy?

Either way, yeah. ZoE2 really turns up the pain.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

chiasaur11 posted:

Was that on normal, or easy?

Either way, yeah. ZoE2 really turns up the pain.

Normal. I also tried on Hard mode but I couldn't even get past Ardjet :saddowns:

Let's Play Zone of the Enders Episode 6 - Nate and Judy

"HAVE YOU EVER EXPERIENCED ANY HARDSHIP IN YOUR LIFE?!" --Viola to the kid who's friends and dad she killed

Also guess how many times I died before you get to the results screen, you might be surprised :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I guessed 18 so I'm giving myself partial credit.

Also i can't believe Dan killed Leo's dad and shot his girlfriend.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
"How far from Jupiter are we?"

Ha ha, time to be a turbonerd! :dance:

Judging by the view in the final battle, I'd say Jupiter takes up about 1/6 to 1/8 of the full-circle sky (I'd have to look at the skybox texture to be sure, but gently caress that). Jupiter is 71.500 km across, so the full circle works out to 490.000 to 572.000 km. Divide by pi, divide by two, Antilia station orbits Jupiter at about 70.000 to 90.000 km (35.000 to 55.000 km above the cloud tops). Which is really loving close, considering the innermost moon of Jupiter orbits at twice that distance, and the first significant (i.e.: not a tiny rock) satellite is Io at 420.000 km.

Also, since we're nerding out: 22.3 gigatons is impressive by human scales, but only about 1/5 of the big kaboom made by the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs! :eng101:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

quote:

"I beat Very Hard while getting the best ending, overcoming all the bullshit, and giving pro tips on how to beat said bullshit that FAQS just sum up as 'Just beat it I guess'...

I'm human garbage :negative:"

As much fun as it is to watch you spiral off into an incredulous drunken rant when things do go terribly wrong...

Dan, you're actually good at videogames :unsmith:

It's just usually more funny to remember the Canada's funniest home video highlights, than to remember you making Ground Zeroes or AN ENEMY SNIPER your bitch :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I still can't believe this game is this depressingly short. So what's next Snatcher? Sonic Heroes? Merry Gear Solid?

• Locked thread