Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Agents are GO! posted:

Modding the nexus itself, very meta.

Now just to get a pair of tits on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

Now just to get a pair of tits on it.

Erect penis for upvote, flaccid penis for downvote.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

pseudorandom name posted:

Erect penis for upvote, flaccid penis for downvote.

Skyrim Modding: Erect penis for upvote, flaccid penis for downvote.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
wild that we live in a post Schlongs of Skyrim Era.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I have to imagine the endorsement numbers have gotten a lot worse since mod packs became so popular. I don't think many people are going to take the time to go endorse the hundreds or possibly thousands of mods in a mod pack.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
You can endorse directly from MO2, which might mitigate that a bit. Still probably not a lot of people scrolling through their 900 mod wabbajack list and endorsing them, though.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's such a delight when Nexus gives you the "please endorse these mods" popup, which is just a list of mod names, with no links or any nugget of context towards what game they're even for other than whatever the mod authors thought to include in the names themselves. It's so enthusiastically unhelpful. Yeah sure I'll endorse "Rock retexture" from videogame

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Staltran posted:

You can endorse directly from MO2, which might mitigate that a bit. Still probably not a lot of people scrolling through their 900 mod wabbajack list and endorsing them, though.
Yeah no way am I gonna go through and try to evaluate individual mods when I just pressed a "download these seven million mods for me automatically" button.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I barely ever endorsed before it was a thing because you have to wait to endorse a mod. I don't tend to get a mod, go use it, then come back unless I need to download an update. It means the number of mods I endorse period is really limited, wabbajack be damned.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Are there any mods that have a fun collecting sort of setup but mostly for vanilla stuff so it's not as uh. Full on and busted as LotD? Like I guess I could just find player homes with lots of displays but I like the stuff lotd does for questline completions or like displaying alchemy ingredients. Just not a fan of all the crap it fills the game world with for the most part.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
I think there are patches that trim that down? Check the requirements tab on the Nexus page, it will also list the mods that require LOTD, which will include any third-party patches.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

A Sometimes Food posted:

Are there any mods that have a fun collecting sort of setup but mostly for vanilla stuff so it's not as uh. Full on and busted as LotD? Like I guess I could just find player homes with lots of displays but I like the stuff lotd does for questline completions or like displaying alchemy ingredients. Just not a fan of all the crap it fills the game world with for the most part.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/42237

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."

Staltran posted:

Yeah I endorse from MO2 once I decide I like the mod and it works well.

I figure that endorsement : downloads ratio isn't exactly a perfect signal, but either one by itself is arguably more misleading so why not have this too?