Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

If its in the game its in the game! Football shoots through the comerbacks chest ,and sucks into the back of the wrs hand as a diving safety floats 10 extra yards to complete the assigned tackle animation.

Real physics engines have been out for well over ten years now. How is it that madden still doesn't have one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
I dunno if I'll be getting WWE 2k17 as I finally got 2k16 and it's really good. I enjoy the showcase mode.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Y-Hat posted:

what the gently caress do you think, OP

EA needs to stop with these lovely sports simulation games and bring back NFL Blitz, NBA Jam and NHL Hitz

NBA Street was also rad

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

a retard posted:

ea put out new versions of jam and blitz a few years back
the key term is "a few years back," and who knows how long it'll be (if ever) when they release another one. also the wii version was the only one to not be ruined by too much DLC

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

NBA Street was also rad
never played that but i've heard good things

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Man I remember just jamming those A and B buttons on madden 96 during the 40 yd dash part of the combine.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

NBA Street was also rad

3 on gamecube was the best version because you could have princess peach dunk all over kobe

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Madden : the videogame for people who love football and hate videogames

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

darth_pizza posted:

Madden : the videogame for people who love football and hate videogames
that's why i call it a "football simulator"

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Y-Hat posted:

that's why i call it a "football simulator"

Yeah my favorite part of the "simulation" is if you're up too much by the 4th quarter, for some reason you'll constantly throw interceptions and fumble the ball while your opponents make impossible catches. Maybe they're making a statement of how the NFL rigs games to be close.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Original_Z posted:

Yeah my favorite part of the "simulation" is if you're up too much by the 4th quarter, for some reason you'll constantly throw interceptions and fumble the ball while your opponents make impossible catches. Maybe they're making a statement of how the NFL rigs games to be close.
i thought rubber band AI died out. lol EA

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Y-Hat posted:

i thought rubber band AI died out. lol EA

i think its toggleable for player vs player games?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

If its in the game its in the game! Football shoots through the comerbacks chest ,and sucks into the back of the wrs hand as a diving safety floats 10 extra yards to complete the assigned tackle animation.

Real physics engines have been out for well over ten years now. How is it that madden still doesn't have one?

I mean, you don't just tell the computer "do physics" and then it understands how catching works

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Smiling Mandrill posted:

So you think Madden will be better if it incorporate Havok physics gameplay like every lovely indi game from the early 2000s?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'm enjoying this version of Madden. The controls are responsive and snappy, I like the new running back moves, pass defense seems to be better, I like the kicking mechanics, and it's possible to actually have blocked kicks now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Day Man posted:

I'm enjoying this version of Madden. The controls are responsive and snappy, I like the new running back moves, pass defense seems to be better, I like the kicking mechanics, and it's possible to actually have blocked kicks now.

I might actually get this year's then, I normally only buy even numbered Maddens but if they actually made pass defense something more than "Pray your dude is on the right line and smash the jump button" then it's worth it

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I might actually get this year's then, I normally only buy even numbered Maddens but if they actually made pass defense something more than "Pray your dude is on the right line and smash the jump button" then it's worth it

They added options for having the dbs shade the receiver on different sides and made it more difficult to catch the ball. The defensive AI seems to be improved all around from what I can tell.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
*HB Slam*

"And, Phil, we just witnessed history, with the single season rushing record being broken!"

"Awe man that's just so amazing. Think of his mom and dad, his wife and kids. They must be so proud of him. It's just so great!"

*Inside Zone Split*

"And, Phil, we just witnessed history, with the single season rushing record being broken!"

"Awe man that's just so great. Think of his mom and dad, his wife and kids. They must be so proud of him. It's just so great!"

*Quick Pitch*

"Awe man that's just so great. Think of his mom and dad, his wife and kids. They must be so proud of him. It's just so great!"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Ban sports simulators.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

lol, nice work EA

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
a friend of mine bought it at launch and the servers have yet to work once, meaning all the rosters are out of date and online play is not possible

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

lmao

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

a friend of mine bought it at launch and the servers have yet to work once, meaning all the rosters are out of date and online play is not possible

I've been connecting without issue since I picked it up on Thursday.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Day Man posted:

I've been connecting without issue since I picked it up on Thursday.

wtf

I wonder if it's regional. A quick google search shows people complaining about it for days.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I thought the point of releasing the same game every year was to keep up with the rosters. You telling me they don't even come included with the game now?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

notZaar posted:

I thought the point of releasing the same game every year was to keep up with the rosters. You telling me they don't even come included with the game now?

there's a lot of poo poo that happens between the pressing of the Madden disc and when it gets released during the NFL off season

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What's the point of paying for the NFL license if they don't even get to see the secret rosters and final game scores ahead of time? Major fail EA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

there's a lot of poo poo that happens between the pressing of the Madden disc and when it gets released during the NFL off season

hahaha owned

also if you have a dolphin emulator you can play nfl blitz updated to the 2015 season

HOPE THIS HELPS

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/01/18/nfl-blitz-gamecube-rosters-2015-update

• Locked thread