Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mine right now is 68. So close to the funny number :(

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
No clue, but I know my blood type is "Gelato"

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

That's ur blood pressure r-tard, sorry i didn't mean to yell, i'm just hungry rn.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Below average when I'm living wrong, pre-hypertension when I'm living right. :twisted:

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

I doubt it, in fact the whole reason I made this thread was to brag about my abnormally low heart rate, which is a point of pride of mine despite the fact there are many other and more conclusive potential ways for me to show the world my level of fitness

I bet your low heart rate has less to do with your level of fitness and more to do with you being a noted retard whose brain function doesn't really require that much oxygen.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
It's 'gently caress you' beats per minute you idiot! gently caress you OP, you dumb idiot bitch! I hate you! gently caress OFF!

e: 185bpm

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

how do i check op

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

ethanol posted:

how do i check op

Visit your nearest pharmacy. Not hungover if you want good results.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
73 BPM, though i have been drinking and smoking heavily that might have an impact

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Lichy posted:

im pretty jello of your extremely low heart rate OP, what's your weekly routine

Im a competitive bike racer :-) so approx. 300-400 miles a week or put in better terms, about 20-25 hours training a week with racing on top of that.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nice

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
My 65 year old dads beats at 46-50bpm when resting, so his isnt even that much higher than mine. Hes a little paunchy too (old), but he rides a lot

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm the spikes from when u were jacking off

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
about 99 which is good

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

I.N.R.I posted:

My 65 year old dads beats at 46-50bpm when resting, so his isnt even that much higher than mine. Hes a little paunchy too (old), but he rides a lot

What kind of bike do you ride

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

I.N.R.I posted:

I doubt it, in fact the whole reason I made this thread was to brag about my abnormally low heart rate, which is a point of pride of mine despite the fact there are many other and more conclusive potential ways for me to show the world my level of fitness

i was going to make this thread until i saw that you made it for the same reason.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

8 track betamax posted:

What kind of bike do you ride

If u mean brand, i train on a ribble and race on a trek. If u mean type, road bike

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Mine's pretty high even though I'm reasonably fit given that I bike or skate to get around. All of my family has died of or has congenital heart problems even tho none were fat or typical American unhealthy, but at least they all had their final heart failures past the age of 80 with one or 2 breaking 100, and I'm optimistic that medical science will alleviate any potential latent cardiac defects by the time I need it. Until then I will skate or die.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Who wants to live past 80 anyway? Biking and being fit is cool though.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
mid 60s. i don't do any endurance since stopping bjj due to work and just lift weights so i'm okay with it.

it used to be loving high when i had major anxiety - 90s. cognitive behavioural therapy and a low dose of lexapro help a lot.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i got about 8 or 9 beats in 10 seconds but im not a murse so i dont know
an echocardiogram showed that my heart was a little big for my body too but ive sorta trained for endurance (like when i was doing 1000 push-ups without being tired i realized i should just give up counting and just start going by time)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't have a resting heart rate because I never rest :whatup:.

just ray
Jan 3, 2014

by merry exmarx
im a homosexual male

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

I.N.R.I posted:

Im a competitive bike racer :-) so approx. 300-400 miles a week or put in better terms, about 20-25 hours training a week with racing on top of that.

thats a lot of time on a bike a week

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

a dog from hell posted:

Who wants to live past 80 anyway? Biking and being fit is cool though.

it is possible to be sane and fit and active past 80 though

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Lichy posted:

it is possible to be sane and fit and active past 80 though

Life starts at 80.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

bradzilla posted:

I'm the spikes from when u were jacking off

I'm a creature of habit

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
back when I was walkupon treadmill it was around 55, nowadays it's a pretty steady 60

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

If you want to cheat you can dunk your face in cold water and get better results.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Today i got my heart rate up to 190 on the erg machine and it wasn't fun.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Bump. Need more people to be aware of what my resting heart rate is (38)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
My loving phone has a heart rate monitor and now I know my bpm is 52. I'll post my beats again after I touch myself

E: 83 bpm ;)

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Aug 28, 2016

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

61 my heart loving owns

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
95bpm pressure 165/90

graves disease sucks. Luckily I just got to eat a radioactive pill to kill my thyroid. Good times.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
its irregular and frightening to listen to so I don't know and I'm not going to check

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Probably 69

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

The Dregs posted:

95bpm pressure 165/90

graves disease sucks. Luckily I just got to eat a radioactive pill to kill my thyroid. Good times.

My condolences

• Locked thread