Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Someone else is going to be paying for a trip I'm taking from LAX to SFO, staying in a hotel for 6 days. Will be buying through Travelocity or whichever site is cheapest.

Will there be any issues in using tickets bought by someone else? I understand booking them under my name, but does the buyer have to show up at the airport?

Can the hotel (Le Meriden) accommodate this by accepting a faxed copy of the payees credit card and information? I don't have credit so I can not use my card for deposits.

Thanks for any help, its my first time and I'm anxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

The flight won't be a problem.

You need to call the hotel and ask for a credit card authorization form. You need that person to fill it out, include a copy of the credit card front and back and their id, and then fax it back. Then you need to call the hotel and confirm that they've received it. Reference the booking number from Travelocity or whatever else.

Then, if you're paranoid, call when someone else is working and make sure they have it on file for you.

Book directly with the hotel if you can unless it costs you a ton more.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Thanks. Ended up booking through Virgin, and the hotel itself.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

drat NIGGA posted:

Thanks. Ended up booking through Virgin, and the hotel itself.

Just for future ref: booking through expedia or whatever would be 100% fine for the flight, but would give you a small problem at the hotel -- many hotels want a credit card on file for incidentals (e.g. minibar) and that has to be given at the time of booking at the desk. If you booked directly through the hotel it'll be fine, but it'd be an issue booking through expedia or whatever.

In such cases, if you don't have a card, sometimes they want a cash deposit, and sometimes they'll just shrug their shoulders. It's not like they're not going to give you the room, they might just be annoying about it.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Booking through Expedia is all well and good until anything goes wrong with your trip.

Always book with airlines directly.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Saladman posted:

Just for future ref: booking through expedia or whatever would be 100% fine for the flight, but would give you a small problem at the hotel -- many hotels want a credit card on file for incidentals (e.g. minibar) and that has to be given at the time of booking at the desk. If you booked directly through the hotel it'll be fine, but it'd be an issue booking through expedia or whatever.

In such cases, if you don't have a card, sometimes they want a cash deposit, and sometimes they'll just shrug their shoulders. It's not like they're not going to give you the room, they might just be annoying about it.

You can also tell the hotel to lockup the minibar if you won't be using it

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Just as a final update if anyone cares.

Everything went perfect, I had a blast. No hassle from anyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

drat NIGGA posted:

Just as a final update if anyone cares.

Everything went perfect, I had a blast. No hassle from anyone.

congrats :cheerdoge:

• Locked thread