Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fre: 0 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1
Potential: 3/5 | Conditions:

After dealing with the reporters, I feel a fair amount of relief. Beta's... Earnest answers haven't gone as badly as they could have, and everyone seems mostly satisfied by my answers. I realize that what I said could be seen as boasting about my team, but, well, I stand by it. Flaws aside, I do believe in my teammates. Generally.

Now that we're through here and everyone has spoken with the press sufficiently (and before someone can say or do something they really shouldn't; Nameless seems to be struggling with the reporters, understandably), though, we should get back to the base to recover and report back to the League. Nameless seems like he isn't doing so well, though thankfully Ankensatsu came to his aid. Reaching up to my communicator, I tell the team, "If anyone wishes to leave, I can get us out immediately. Don't feel obligated to keep talking if you don't want to." I'd like to get back myself, too; some rest after everything would be nice, plus I need to get back in touch with Karissa, though reporting in will come first.

After that, I think I'm going to have myself a brainstorming session to come up with a proper hero name for myself, before something else sticks. I suppose I should come up with a costume, too; stopping disasters in my streetwear doesn't present the ideal image.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Oct 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Fre: +2 | Dan: +3 | Sav: -1 | Sup: +1 | Mun: -2

Huh? Did I say something wrong? I look confused as I take in everyone's shocked reactions to my words. I was just giving factual answers to the questions presented to me. Even Dracolina looked surprised, which was something I really didn't expect. Was what I said really wrong? I was still struggling to comprehend the situation as Noriko stepped in and seemed to be able to fix everything. That wasn't what I was trying to say and I'm pretty sure that wasn't what happened. Still, I was able to recognize that this probably wasn't the best situation for me to be jumping in with words. Maybe I needed to just stop talking.

Dracolina is my backup parent? This was news to me. I didn't even realize I needed a backup parent and I certainly didn't want to lose Dr. Ritsuko. She's the best! I mean, she's a bit immature, strict and terse at times, but she's still my creator! I'll just have to work extra hard to make sure that Dr. Ritsuko doesn't have any harm reach her. Maybe I'll need to talk to Dracolina about that later. Still, at the back of my mind, I didn't understand why Noriko felt the need to lie to the press and the fact that the press enjoyed her answers more than my answers. I walked up to Noriko, a concerned look on my face.

"Noriko, why did you lie to the humans about my answers? They seemed to take your answers much better than mine. I haven't really talked with humans much, so I have a hard time understanding why they would be more open to lies than the truth of the situation. Will you possibly enlighten to me the reasons why humans are like this?"

Beta is sharing a vulnerability/weakness. if Noriko's response helps Beta understand human feelings and problems, mark potential. If Noriko's response confuses or offends Beta, shift your Freak up and your Mundane down.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fre: 0 | Dan: -2 | Sav: +2 | Sup: +2 | Mun: +1

I'm still thinking about getting back to base when Beta approaches me and asks me a question. "Hm? ...Oh." I take a moment to think; that's not an easy question to answer, and I don't want to hurt Beta's feelings or something. I hadn't even thought about how he'd react to my attempt to cover up for him there.

"Well, it's a bit complicated, but... It's sort of an image thing, in a way? Heroes are held to a higher standard; the idea that heroes are infighting and not listening to their leader, particularly on something like using lethal force against our foes, is somewhat worrisome, and also not something most people would admit publicly. It's certainly important, but, it's something we need to work out among ourselves, not something for the public to be involved in.

"Think of it like, well, a personal issue, in a way. There are some things you would talk about with Dr. Ritsuko, but not with a person you just met or even a member of the team, right? It's sort of like that."

I smile at him for a moment, then sigh."I'm sorry, it's hard to explain. I can try to explain it more when we're back at the base, if you want, and anything else that might be bothering you."

• Locked thread