Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Where should Picnic Princess go for school?
The Highlands of Scotland
Anywhere in Iceland
Tasmania, Australia
South Island, New Zealand
Canadian Tundra (will probably get eaten by a polar bear)
Outside is scary
View Results

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I have to plan and lead a 2 week expedition for school, and if they let me, I'm just going to jet off with my husband and backpack somewhere as our vacation for the year together. I have a few ideas and figured what the heck, let's make a discussion online with a bunch of internet weirdos who also like backpacking and poo poo. We would hit the Southern hemisphere in March, or the Northern hemisphere in May. Give me your opinions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
All those north hemisphere places are pretty high latitude, will may be mid breakup? What about the desert, i bet that's cool in may.

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
Not been there myself, but I have a friend who recently did the highlands of Scotland and was beaming about it :)

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

In May (if you want to do Europe) you want to do Alpi Maritimi or Val de Maira in Italy. Bit off the beaten track, amazing food, good paths and there's some through routes that you can keep going on.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Sorry I was away camping for a week in the Rockies, it was a good time but broke my camera.

The desert is awesome but we're looking for lusher landscapes, it's kind of our thing. Plus I already did an expedition in Canyonlands a couple years ago. My reason for choosing spring is mostly job related, I want to be working over the summer because I am guaranteed great hours and after not working for 2 and a half months, it'll be really necessary.

Italy is interesting, but if it ends up being near the same cost as NZ, NZ will definitely be the preferred choice.

• Locked thread