Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocron
Dec 5, 2005

People filter into the public park excitedly chatting. For about a year now a new wrestling show had been growing in popularity. At first it had only been a small underground affair held in one of the wrestler’s back gardens. However the enthusiasm and skill of the competitors had soon turned it into an event that everyone in the town was talking about. This inevitably drew in fans from outside their small community and new wrestlers seeking to prove themselves. Now more than half the crowd had come from outside the town for tonight’s historic event. You see, the rumor was that a TV station was looking to televise the bouts and the next event would be held in the state capital. This would be the last show done in the open air for the oldest fans and so everyone had high expectations.

As people settled into chairs and climbed trees the sound of an electric crackle and hiss in the air announced that the P.A. had been switched on. Everyone’s attention is drawn to the cheap folding table with a mic and a portly older man in an old circus outfit.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! The atmosphere is electric this Friday night here in Norton, Franklin., I’m Terry “Ringmaster” Robson your announcer for tonight’s dynamite showdown of Game Room Wrestling! Boy do we have a show for you tonight. The finest in the state... no! Let me correct myself! The finest in this nation! Have come back to their roots to do what they do best, wrestling! We’re glad you could all squeeze in here to Public Park, now let’s get ready to welcome our combatants!”

The crowd goes wild, expectant, frothing at the mouths for the show of their lives!

----------------------

Welcome to a World Wide Wrestling CYOA where the star of the ring is you! And you! Or you? Basically we’re starting at the bottom here but from promotion to promotion I hope our guys will work themselves up. However that roster isn’t going to build itself! For people who’d like to participate I need two things:

1. A character:
Picture (not compulsory)
Name: Usually, but not always, in the ‘John “Johnsmith” Smith’ format
Look: (Description if you don't have a pic)
Hailing from: Where do you come from
Entrance: What is your entrance like?
Babyface (good guy) or Heel (bad guy)
Gimmick:
THE ACE: The star, the one who carries the company.
THE ANTIHERO: The badass that everyone loves.
THE CULTURAL CHAMPION: The older wrestler whose popularity has expanded out of the ring and into the culture at large.
THE GOLDEN BOY: The next big thing.
THE HARDCORE (BY IAN WILLIAMS): The hardest. The bloodiest.
THE HIGH FLYER: The human highlight reel.
THE INDY DARLING: The cult favorite.
THE JOBBER (BY BRET GILLAN): The nobody.
THE LUCHADORE: The icon of Mexican style
THE MANAGER: The sizzle on the steak.
THE MONSTER: The biggest, the strongest and the meanest.
THE SHOOT FIGHTER: The fighter with real experience.
THE TECHNICIAN: The one with all the skills.
THE VETERAN: The one who gets it done.
THE WASTED (BY ALEX ISABELLE):The X factor.
THE YOUNG ONE: Inexperienced, in the ring to learn not win
One Unique Thing: Give us a sentence or two about what makes your guy stand out.

2. A vote
Please vote for which submitted characters you’d like to see in the headline match of our first night! The wrestler with the most votes will be the subject of the CYOA while the player with the second most votes will be his opponent. Other wrestlers will feature in the background and we may switch from.

If you’d like to see the (beta) rules I’ll be using or the playbooks for the gimmicks you can find them here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/world-wide-beta-257085

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Name: Adolf “Reichtous” Hitler
Hailing from: Austria-Hungary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnfwBeVFlbU
Heel (bad guy)
Gimmick:
THE ANTIHERO: The badass that everyone loves.
One unique thing: :godwin:

HiHo ChiRho fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 1, 2016

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Name: Luchero Pantero
Hailing from: Deep within the Amazon from a forgotten tribe of ancient wrestlers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
Baby-Face
Gimmick: THE LUCHADORE
Unique Thing: Noone has seen the man behind Pantero's mask. Some rumor that the mask isn't a mask at all. Strange things happen to those that threaten the mask.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Sep 1, 2016

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Name: Mr. Tasty
Hailing from: A mysterious and affable man hailing from the deep south of Ontario!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A
Baby-Face
Gimmick: THE HIGH FLYER
Unique thing: Extremely enthusiastic and unpredictable! This sometimes works out for him, but often not! He's just there to have fun aw yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Name: Mr. Tastee
Hailing from: A mysterious and affable man hailing from Wellsville!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_3uxzkoV4
Baby-Face
Gimmick: THE INDY DARLING
Unique thing: The mysterious ice cream vendor who symbolizes summer for the neighborhood kids. He never removes his mascot costume head and is very reluctant to let his customers get close to him.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Name: Randy "Smokey" Bobandy
Hailing from: A trailer park in the depths of Nova Scotia!
Entrance: Smokey rides a lawnmower to the ring, cheeseburger and liquor in hand. No music plays.
Heel
Gimmick: THE WASTED
Unique thing: Is repulsive. Frequently alternates between being greasy and sticky.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 1, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Nikon "The Minotaur" Papadopoulis
Hailing From Heraklion, Greece
Entrance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bljy-dRh3DM
Heel
Gimmick: The Monster
Unique Thing: Nikon wears a minotaur mask and speaks only in Greek. He understands English just fine; he just never uses it. Will need a manager to cut promos for him.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Name: Johnny "Union Jake" Manky

Hailing from: Manchester, UK

Entrance: Sex Pistols 'Anarchy in the UK' plays while Johnny walks out, usually drink a plastic pint glass of something bubbly. The glass gets downed and he walks towards the ring flipping people off and grabbing his crotch. He revels in the boos he gets.

Heel

Gimmick: THE... LUCHADOR?

Johnny wears a Union Jack luchador mask and actually trained and wrestled in mexico for a while. His hardcore, high-flying antics were well known in Mexico City.

Unique Thing: Johnny looks and acts like a gutter punk straight from the 80's in the UK. He is crass, crude, foul mouthed, often drunk, and more than a little unhinged. Rumor abounds that he was unmasked in a match in Mexico City but bringing it up is a sure fire way to send him over the edge.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
drat

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Agreed

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The passion of your bump could be enough to get me to run this. I was initially hoping for a bit more of player interest but we can run with a smaller roster. I'll choose Mr Tastee over Reichtous Hiho Chihiro.

So let's vote for a main character!

Option A:

Name: Luchero Pantero
Hailing from: Deep within the Amazon from a forgotten tribe of ancient wrestlers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhVCoTsBaM
Baby-Face
Gimmick: THE LUCHADORE
Unique Thing: Noone has seen the man behind Pantero's mask. Some rumor that the mask isn't a mask at all. Strange things happen to those that threaten the mask.

Option B:

Name: Mr. Tasty
Hailing from: A mysterious and affable man hailing from the deep south of Ontario!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIgZ7gMze7A
Baby-Face
Gimmick: THE HIGH FLYER
Unique thing: Extremely enthusiastic and unpredictable! This sometimes works out for him, but often not! He's just there to have fun aw yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Option C:

Name: Mr. Tastee
Hailing from: A mysterious and affable man hailing from Wellsville!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_3uxzkoV4
Baby-Face
Gimmick: THE INDY DARLING
Unique thing: The mysterious ice cream vendor who symbolizes summer for the neighborhood kids. He never removes his mascot costume head and is very reluctant to let his customers get close to him.

Option D:

Name: Randy "Smokey" Bobandy
Hailing from: A trailer park in the depths of Nova Scotia!
Entrance: Smokey rides a lawnmower to the ring, cheeseburger and liquor in hand. No music plays.
Heel
Gimmick: THE WASTED
Unique thing: Is repulsive. Frequently alternates between being greasy and sticky.

Option E:

Nikon "The Minotaur" Papadopoulis
Hailing From Heraklion, Greece
Entrance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bljy-dRh3DM
Heel
Gimmick: The Monster
Unique Thing: Nikon wears a minotaur mask and speaks only in Greek. He understands English just fine; he just never uses it. Will need a manager to cut promos for him.

Option F:
[quote="Deadmeat5150" post="463786668"]

Name: Johnny "Union Jake" Manky
Hailing from: Manchester, UK
Entrance: Sex Pistols 'Anarchy in the UK' plays while Johnny walks out, usually drink a plastic pint glass of something bubbly. The glass gets downed and he walks towards the ring flipping people off and grabbing his crotch. He revels in the boos he gets.
Heel
Gimmick: THE... LUCHADOR?

Johnny wears a Union Jack luchador mask and actually trained and wrestled in mexico for a while. His hardcore, high-flying antics were well known in Mexico City.
Unique Thing: Johnny looks and acts like a gutter punk straight from the 80's in the UK. He is crass, crude, foul mouthed, often drunk, and more than a little unhinged. Rumor abounds that he was unmasked in a match in Mexico City but bringing it up is a sure fire way to send him over the edge.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A- PANTEROOOOOOOOAR

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'd vote for mine, but I've used Union Jake in other games.

A

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
A week earlier

Your car’s exhaust sputters a few times before the engine finally cuts out, whining a little as the life seeps out of it. You sit staring out the windscreen at the dingy bungalow you just parked in front of. You’d been coming to the ringmaster’s house every week for the past few months, show or no show, to discuss your role in GRW. Together you had worked out plot lines, twists, fight sequences that had wowed the people of Norton. You feel the anticipation that this could be the last time that you’re meeting in his dirty garage, that maybe after your next match you could be recruited into the big leagues.

Looking across into the passenger seat you see the mask. The fierce lines of the panther’s maw send a thrill running down your spine. Its eyes glisten slightly in the musty air of the car. You tremble slightly as you reach over and put your hands on the mask.

What do you do?

A) I put on the mask and head in. I am Luchero Pantero, I come from deep within the Amazon from a forgotten tribe of ancient wrestlers. Somehow I got stuck in Norton but I sure as hell won't stay here.

(If you choose this option magic is real. The Minotaur really is a Minotaur. The mask fills you with the spirit and power of your ancestors. The world we are not on is not the Earth you and I know.)

B) I carry the mask and head in. I am [write in name here]. The mask is the gimmick I chose when I realized I had to do something to stand out as a wrestler. I feel awesome when I wear it and kick rear end.

(Magic is not real. The mask is part of your Kayfabe. You are on the road to becoming the greatest wrestler on Earth.)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

A because that's basically Lucha Underground The Game and I love that idea.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
A. A LUCHADOR NEVER REMOVES HIS MASK.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
A magic wrestling!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007