Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Brock Lesnar posted:

i bought tna

did you keep the receipt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brock Lesnar posted:

i bought tna

Not surprised. They don't drug test

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dogshit Shave Seltzer posted:

The talent has been told to come to Orlando and that everything is on. Nobody knows who is paying for it. Nothing has been announced regarding a sale. Nobody has officially said the shows are on, particularly Bound for Glory, but talent is under the impression that the shows are on.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I might've put money on Vince

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Corgan would have bragged about it by now, so I doubt he did the miracle

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HHH has bought it and he's going to use it for the performance center guys who are too green for NXT.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

Chris James 2 posted:

Corgan would have bragged about it by now, so I doubt he did the miracle

He could also be keeping quiet until either the PPV or the next Impact broadcasf.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

remusclaw posted:

I'm now picturing an infomercial.
Songbird by Fleetwood Mac is playing.
The camera pans over Knockouts working at Sunglass hut, images of broken necks and unpaid bills, and finally, Kurt Angle.
Dixie is on the screen.
For the cost of just one Little Ceaser's Pizza a day, you can sponsor a destitute TNA Wrestler and help keep the cameras rolling.

vvv Even better! vvv

Mob posted:

Close, it's actually the Pumpkins cover of Landslide

Very good, but they need an alternate version with wrestlers in Lethal Lockdown cages and "Arms of an Angel" too.

StarkRavingMad posted:

TNA will outlive us all. Long after WWE has passed into dust, TNA will roll on. After the nuclear apocalypse, the cockroaches will still be working TNA shows. After the heat death of the universe, one lonely escape pod will somehow survive, floating out in an endless void, and in it some hideous mutated life beyond our current comprehension will be doing a TNA PPV.

When Galactus takes his helmet off he does look exactly like Abyss and he needs to eat so many planets because the Hardys live inside his body and spend all the lifeforce energy on firework proof boats.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shane bought it, but as a shoot this time

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
TNA for October is What's Shane McMahon doing in the Impact Zone

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Time to wake up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQFcumxKCFE

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is a bummer.

Well I guess TNA was there for old legends to slum it in for a while and maybe it would be an ok thing if they still did that. And you know, paid people who worked for them.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Making all the talent fly themselves in only to find out there is no event and once again no pay would be the TNAest way to go out

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
TNA for October: will be a memorial thread before the end of the month

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

OctoberCountry posted:

I hope WWE agreed to pay for Bound for Glory on the condition that Cody has to wrestle as Stardust

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The only acceptable ending of bound for Glory is after whatever the main event is, Vince comes out and forces the champ to immediately defend against Roman.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
I, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, am the sole owner of TNA and you all must bow before me! That's right bow!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

well actually Vince, The Naitcha Boy had himself little drink and thought, that was fun, let's be partners again!

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If it ends with Stone Cold coming out of nowhere and stunning Kurt Angle again I'm down

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
My dream TNA invasion would be Dixie promising guerilla warfare and sending Samoa Joe down to the ring to beat up HHH, only for Samoa Joe to shuffle his feet and ask for a job.

But then WWE already hired Joe.

So my next big dream invasion is Dixie trying to convince Samoa Joe and AJ Styles to join her revolution and being blanked.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Skinty McEdger posted:

As long as they didn't brand it as WWE, I can't see why they would. It would effectively be like any other production company producing something for more than one station.

FCW was still a thing when they were with USA for example. If they threw the WWE name all over it then maybe.

That said I see no reason why they would keep it running.

Their deal with NBC Universal is exclusive for cable. They've been able to sell smaller shows to others because they were considered to technically broadcast. They would not be able to run another brand on Pop. Same reason their deal to buy WCW couldn't go through in 2000, the Spike exclusivity would prevent them from airing shows on Turner networks.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bigass Moth posted:

The only acceptable ending of bound for Glory is after whatever the main event is, Vince comes out and forces the champ to immediately defend against Sting

ftfy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NYPost saying it was a third party that's funding BFG http://nypost.com/2016/10/01/tna-to-go-ahead-with-biggest-show-of-the-year-as-sale-talks-continue/

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
We should have known that this stupid company will never die.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

As it's not WWE or Corgan that paid, it's probably the Nazis. I guess the logic would be the only chance they really have of getting their money back is if the company is sold at this point and if it died they would likely have a harder time of that.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

quote:

sources speculated the actual advance came from neither of those two but from an unidentified third party.

that is some robby the brain level reporting, your sources wing some poo poo at the wall and gently caress it just post it anyway

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
YOU SEE? THE MONSTER CAN'T DIE!!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Making all the talent fly themselves in only to find out there is no event and once again no pay would be the TNAest way to go out

Dixie just wanted to tell everyone in person that the company is closing, but don't worry about her, she'll be fine.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Senator Giroux posted:

Dixie just wanted to tell everyone in person that the company is closing, but don't worry about her, she'll be fine.

She'll actually deliver the news live via satellite from a castle

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

EugeneJ posted:

She'll actually deliver the news live via satellite from a castle

Yeah, a White Castle

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Is HH the third man again?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
It's Ric Flair. The Consortium is back baby WOO

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
"a minor league version of WWE"

Somebody tell the author WWE already has that and it's way better.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This loving company cant even die with some dignity. Close the thread.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Its Sting. Its gotta be Sting.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

DoctorGonzo posted:

This loving company cant even die with some dignity.

We knew that a decade ago

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

This loving company cant even die with some dignity. Close the thread.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

make a new one first

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TNA for October is Nazi Pumpkins in Dixie's Backyard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS