Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Has anyone ever been to the mormon equivalent "Chuck O Rama" that has Thirty loving One Soda combinations?

I've lived in utah for seven years and have been to a Sizzler once, and let me tell you, 31 loving drink selections doesn't make a buffet better.

As a new dad though, I think my new philosophy is going to be "Whatever makes the crotch spawn stop yelling at me for 31 loving soda flavors", and my star chart of her and I seems to dictate that I will be a pushover to her rabid Soda needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Mega64 posted:

There's still a shitload of them in the Knoxville area. I live a couple miles away from one.

Haven't been to one since college, when some fellow diner yelled at my friend for telling a lengthy story about some guy making GBS threads himself. Dunno why he was complaining though since he was already eating at Shoney's.

Seriously There's like 10 here.

I knew a girl that worked at one in bumfuck nowhere and it sounded really sad and had the same old people eat there every day, but I've not eaten there in like 10 years so I don't know.

Shoney bear is a bro though.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RocktheCaulk posted:

Has anyone ever been to the mormon equivalent "Chuck O Rama" that has Thirty loving One Soda combinations?

I've lived in utah for seven years and have been to a Sizzler once, and let me tell you, 31 loving drink selections doesn't make a buffet better.

As a new dad though, I think my new philosophy is going to be "Whatever makes the crotch spawn stop yelling at me for 31 loving soda flavors", and my star chart of her and I seems to dictate that I will be a pushover to her rabid Soda needs.

soda is haram in Mormonism

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Ein cooler Typ posted:

They own stock in Coca Cola so 'Cold Caffeinated Beverages" are ok, but Coffee or Tea not so much.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ein cooler Typ posted:

like every other religious rule it's open to interpretation

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ein cooler Typ posted:

has anyone ever figured out how to win that peg game at cracker barrel
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-solve-the-Triangle-Peg-Game/

EG-NO-RA-MOOSE

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

BREAKING NEWS: Cliff was supposed to open Store 3 today but loving overdosed on heroin again. Alicia said she could get there by ten, so it looks like Lunch Buffet only today.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
ponchos needs to not only have locations in texas imo.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

RocktheCaulk posted:

They own stock in Coca Cola so 'Cold Caffeinated Beverages" are ok, but Coffee or Tea not so much.

The Almighty Creator of the Universe: "What's that? A CUP OF COFFEE! Unclean! Banished to the Outer Darkness forever!"

This is something people actually (claim to) believe, that a being with the power to create the loving universe cares what you drink.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chief McHeath posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Cliff was supposed to open Store 3 today but loving overdosed on heroin again. Alicia said she could get there by ten, so it looks like Lunch Buffet only today.
these store numbers are too low, flee the center of the Shoneyverse before it is everlastingly too late

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

JonathonSpectre posted:

The Almighty Creator of the Universe: "What's that? A CUP OF COFFEE! Unclean! Banished to the Outer Darkness forever!"

This is something people actually (claim to) believe, that a being with the power to create the loving universe cares what you drink.

Your body is a temple, treat it with respect, hth

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

JonathonSpectre posted:

Pretty much every religion says that sinful behavior is bad because it's bad for you

The idea is that god cares because he cares about you and through his prophets and other means is trying to help you reach your full potential and be happy

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Mange Mite posted:

Pretty much every religion says that sinful behavior is bad because it's bad for you

The idea is that god cares because he cares about you and through his prophets and other means is trying to help you reach your full potential and be happy

I'm p sure a truly benevolent being wouldn't create a bunch of arbitrary self imposed rules that revolve around you denying yourself the stuff you most deeply want out of life. That's more like something a saw villain would do to prove some sort of simplistic philosophical view about the inherent selfishness and greed of humanity.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm p sure a truly benevolent being wouldn't create a bunch of arbitrary self imposed rules that revolve around you denying yourself the stuff you most deeply want out of life. That's more like something a saw villain would do to prove some sort of simplistic philosophical view about the inherent selfishness and greed of humanity.

how can you presume to know what God wants?!?!

M. Night Shimylamanlan twist: God was actually Satan the whole time :twisted:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

:tutbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

two forty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7ZPwxeE6n0

breakfast at Shoney's.. for $2.99
saved me some money, eased up my mind

there's still a fuckload of them in east tn as i just said, but they're really old and crummy and the food isn't great and the buffet is like $9.00 but my dad and i go sometimes for reasons we aren't too sure of. the ones in tn are like time portals to about 1992. you see terrible, disturbing things there.

you loving piece of poo poo look at my post earlier in this thread gently caress

• Locked thread