Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Rutibex posted:

living on the streets in a modern society is super easy. humans are scavenger animals, and a city contains a lot more food than the African savannah

yeah, i loving know because i lived in my car for a couple months

i've also been locked up a few times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rutibex posted:

living on the streets in a modern society is super easy. humans are scavenger animals, and a city contains a lot more food than the African savannah

Just "fly" south for the winter.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

Just "fly" south for the winter.

Is that some kind of knock on penguins?! :mad:

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Robot Pride posted:

look at this nerd that has never lived in any kind of detention center

pro-tip: living on the streets is a million times better than jail/prison

Agreed. When you're on the streets you can spend all day getting to and from the places you get food, bathe, do laundry, and then sleep. Generally it's a terrible aspect of homeless life but it beats the soul crushing boredom of confinement.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

The Twinkie Czar posted:

When you're on the streets you can spend all day getting to and from the places you get food, bathe, do laundry, and then sleep. Generally it's a terrible aspect of homeless life but it beats the soul crushing boredom of confinement.

This is really the unknown part of being homeless. Every minor thing you do that would be something trivial when you have a house is an entire experience when you're homeless like making GBS threads, washing, washing clothes, stealing/robbing/hustling food, etc. Your day is pretty loving filled and that doesn't include the stealing, hustling, buying and selling drugs part that is a centerpiece of the lifestyle.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
also, loving LOL at thinking that jail food is a positive option in any kind of way when you could be out shoplifting from publix and eating like a goddamn baus

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
"I'm homeless waaaa waaaaa waaaaaa I don't got noplace to live and no food waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa someone please help me I might die waaaaa waaaa waaaaa"

That's you. That's what you sound like.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Robot Pride posted:

also, loving LOL at thinking that jail food is a positive option in any kind of way when you could be out shoplifting from publix and eating like a goddamn baus

Compare and contrast it to high school food.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Congrts OP... pls update at the time of your natural death

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

JiveHonky posted:

"I'm homeless waaaa waaaaa waaaaaa I don't got noplace to live and no food waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaa someone please help me I might die waaaaa waaaa waaaaa"

That's you. That's what you sound like.

He makes a good point

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

donkey salami posted:

He makes a good point

Donkey salmo is my friend

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
so you work from home OP?

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Robot Pride posted:

This is really the unknown part of being homeless. Every minor thing you do that would be something trivial when you have a house is an entire experience when you're homeless like making GBS threads, washing, washing clothes, stealing/robbing/hustling food, etc. Your day is pretty loving filled and that doesn't include the stealing, hustling, buying and selling drugs part that is a centerpiece of the lifestyle.

But if you already have clean clothes you can spend all that extra free time by walking two hours to the library to use a slow as poo poo computer with a 30 minute time limit to apply for jobs. This doesn't just mean uploading resumes because the more entry level a job is the more details their application demands. Hope you have all that memorized or you know how to use google drive.

Oh, there's a 45 minute wait to use a computer. Better just head back now or you won't make it to the shelter in time for dinner. Maybe tomorrow.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Carmant posted:

Looks like I'm homeless.. lost my job and my home.

lol

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Many people say that when you're destined to be homeless you should spend your last money on a gym membership.

For real this, but Planet Fitness, and gently caress that place. There might be 1 or 20 in your city and 1000+ nationwide, so wherever you go you can find a shower and maybe a place where someone sees you shaving and wants to suck your dilznick.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

VendaGoat posted:

Compare and contrast it to high school food.

Highschool food has seasoning.

I almost cried tears of joy cried when I got a salt/pepper packet on Thanksgiving

It's all a mushy semblance of food, but goddamn if it actually has flavor...never mind the miracle of when it's still hot by the time it gets to one's pod

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

That Robot posted:

are you the same user as celluloid sam y/n?

if yes, hello friend :cool:

yeah man what's up alt account

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Highschool food has seasoning.

I almost cried tears of joy cried when I got a salt/pepper packet on Thanksgiving

It's all a mushy semblance of food, but goddamn if it actually has flavor...never mind the miracle of when it's still hot by the time it gets to one's pod

So prison is like living in Minnesota?

Yaaaaaaahhhh, gently caress that.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Chief McHeath posted:

For real this, but Planet Fitness, and gently caress that place. There might be 1 or 20 in your city and 1000+ nationwide, so wherever you go you can find a shower and maybe a place where someone sees you shaving and wants to suck your dilznick.

Really big gyms like Planet Fitness and LA Fitness are also nice because they don't pay any attention to you. If you go into a smaller gym they will follow you around to sell you one-on-one training and smoothies. They'll eventually realize you just shower without working out and they'll make things weird.

But what's better is the 24 hour places like Anytime or Snap Fitness. Your best chance at work will probably be working evenings at a restaurant. Being able to go to a gym at 1am and shower sure beats falling asleep in your car still stinking of french fries.

But again:
1. PO Box
2a. Free trial weeks at every accessible gym
2b. Gym membership

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
OP pls find and kill a Koch brother it will make ur life worthwhile

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

VendaGoat posted:

So prison is like living in Minnesota?

Yaaaaaaahhhh, gently caress that.

:rolleyes:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Being snowed into your home, so that you can not leave.

No seasoning on your food, including the most two basic loving human seasonings of salt and pepper.

Also, :lol: Humanity and a basic amount of society.

It's no wonder people move to the east coast.

:rolleyes:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Gatekeeper posted:

hey bud I know how ya feel, I've been a member of this ol brotherhood, the homeless brigade

:) shine on you gravy diamond

:lol: this is great

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Move to salt lake city. They have supposedly no strings attach hobo shelter. Also mormons love giving money to panhandlers.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Really big gyms like Planet Fitness and LA Fitness are also nice because they don't pay any attention to you. If you go into a smaller gym they will follow you around to sell you one-on-one training and smoothies. They'll eventually realize you just shower without working out and they'll make things weird.

But what's better is the 24 hour places like Anytime or Snap Fitness. Your best chance at work will probably be working evenings at a restaurant. Being able to go to a gym at 1am and shower sure beats falling asleep in your car still stinking of french fries.

But again:
1. PO Box
2a. Free trial weeks at every accessible gym
2b. Gym membership

this is the dumbest poo poo. lol you don't keep paying bills and collecting mail once your homeless. if you want a shower go to a public beach, or sponge yourself off in a 7-11 restroom.

lol jym memberships and PO boxes. you need that money for drugs, duh

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Rutibex posted:

this is the dumbest poo poo. lol you don't keep paying bills and collecting mail once your homeless. if you want a shower go to a public beach, or sponge yourself off in a 7-11 restroom.

lol jym memberships and PO boxes. you need that money for drugs, duh

most people don't have a beach and birdbathing in a convenience store is dumb

every area has an apartment complex with a pool that no one uses so use that

keeping your money for drugs instead of PO box and gym is correct, though

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
SA is a drug that causes homelessness

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Laurenz posted:

sa is a drug that makes you gay and being gay can make you homeless*

*source: bea arthur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Laurenz posted:

SA never fronts coke on credit