Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
josh barnett could pull me apart like a fat kid torturing spiders so i don't blame anyone tapping quick when they're in a hopeless position with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

origami posted:

Can't see from the angle but that type of choke is usually putting a lot of pressure on your trachea

I permanently lost an entire octave of vocal range because I tapped too late to a short RNC like that. They're no joke.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I'd imagine getting choked by Josh Barnett is not pleasant and you'd want to end that pretty fast. Especially that kind of grip.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

he pointed out the wrong eye when he was talking about it lol

He was wiping sweat from his other eye not pointing to it.

Edit: Were any of the early prelims worth watching?

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 3, 2016

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

fatherdog posted:

I permanently lost an entire octave of vocal range because I tapped too late to a short RNC like that. They're no joke.

i didn't see the choke, how was it different from a normal rnc?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Eat Bum Zen posted:

i didn't see the choke, how was it different from a normal rnc?

Flat forearm across the front of the throat, like Fedor/Fujita.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I see my mistake, thanks for explaining it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
drat josh Barnett got 2 POTN bonuses for this card. That's a good bit of work right there.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
while this is still open i want to say that it's been 10 years and i'm still aggrieved that crocop was roundly considered to be the fighter of the year in 2006 for beating up minowa, yoshida, wanderlei, and then eye poking josh barnett. whereas barnett beat up nakamura, aleks, hunt, nogueira, got poked in the eye, beat up nastula and the nsac drug test, and then fought nogueira again in his 7th fight of the year.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

while this is still open i want to say that it's been 10 years and i'm still aggrieved that crocop was roundly considered to be the fighter of the year in 2006 for beating up minowa, yoshida, wanderlei, and then eye poking josh barnett. whereas barnett beat up nakamura, aleks, hunt, nogueira, got poked in the eye, beat up nastula and the nsac drug test, and then fought nogueira again in his 7th fight of the year.

Me too

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

was this just during a normal roll or were you training for a competition/in a competition or something? jesus man that's scary

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

fatherdog posted:

Flat forearm across the front of the throat, like Fedor/Fujita.

Yeah those crush your windpipe and hurt like hell, no wonder.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Same. That was an absolutely insane and underappreciated year for Barnett.

Bubba Smith posted:

was this just during a normal roll or were you training for a competition/in a competition or something? jesus man that's scary

Competition training, this was back when I was a purple.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Barnett x JDS is one i'd like to see.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://fat.gfycat.com/ClosedPowerfulImperialeagle.webm

Congrats Ilir Latifi on successfully suplexing a ghost

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

diesiel posted:

Barnett x JDS is one i'd like to see.

I've been interested in seeing Barnett vs Werdum for almost ten years now

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

fatherdog posted:

I've been interested in seeing Barnett vs Werdum for almost ten years now

I can't believe that never happened. I guess browne / JDS isn't awful either. I'm assuming a Werdum win gives him a title shot.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

diesiel posted:

I can't believe that never happened. I guess browne / JDS isn't awful either. I'm assuming a Werdum win gives him a title shot.

nah not so sure, Cain looked better than ever with his win over Browne at 200 and Cain is a fresh matchup for either Stipe or Overeem. And that UFC would probably like to have a Mexican heavyweight champion again.

Werdum likely is gonna need one more win after this next Browne one. Werdum vs Barnett wouldn't be bad, but then I'm not sure what you do with JDS

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
hi gentlemen

is it punch time

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

hi gentlemen

is it punch time

You're just in time

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

origami posted:

You're just in time

:neckbeard:

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Missed the card but saw the gifs. No shame for Arlovski tapping instantly to a decapitator RNC from Barnett of all fighters.

bader remains that extra-bouyant turd you can never completely flush, and no one knows why hes in the bowl to begin with other than it's manufactured by 'LHW Industries'

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

diesiel posted:

I can't believe that never happened.

I know, it's crazy with how long they've both been fighting and largely in the same places. And weirdly I think it's an even better match now than it has been in the past, what with Werdum's improved standup and cardio.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
wait a minute I'm beginning to think I didn't get here at the right time at all!!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

wrong thread great fight josh the warmaster barnett

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chokes McGee posted:

wait a minute I'm beginning to think I didn't get here at the right time at all!!

Yeah you're a little late. Card is over.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

colonel_korn posted:

https://fat.gfycat.com/ClosedPowerfulImperialeagle.webm

Congrats Ilir Latifi on successfully suplexing a ghost

classic fencing response btw

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah you're a little late. Card is over.

Yeah, I just reread the OP and found out it was in the afternoon. I thought they were all held at night and the afternoon fights were just prelims.

Oh well, I had a nice time out with my wife at the local flea market. I bought a pocket watch for $12 that owned. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah, I just reread the OP and found out it was in the afternoon. I thought they were all held at night and the afternoon fights were just prelims.

Oh well, I had a nice time out with my wife at the local flea market. I bought a pocket watch for $12 that owned. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WOdnR-Nfs

• Locked thread