Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

That Robot posted:

that's p cool

i wish I could have an otherworldly experience like that. if I could see a ghost or a ufo or some poo poo I would know there was still done mystery or interesting poo poo irt physical reality.

but alas i haven't seen poo poo captain

how did you reach a state of astral projection? I want to get on on that

ty for sharing btw

When it first started happening, it traumatized me because I wondered if I was losing my sanity. I became aware of it gradually, over a period of time that began about twelve years ago.

I begin a session by removing as much of the visual and aural stimulation around me as possible, closing my eyes, and relaxing my mind with breathing exercises. In the darkness a small speck will appear, and I concentrate intensely on it. If I stay focused (but relaxed), the speck gets gradually larger until it becomes a scene with people, places, and things.

It's not always possible for me to reach a balance with the proper level of relaxation, while simultaneously remaining strictly focused. Sometimes I can't do it, regardless of how hard I try, but when I'm successful I get a peaceful, contented feeling afterwards.

The images are often very faint; sometimes I can only detect vague shapes and motion. And there's no soundtrack that comes with it; it's totally silent. Thanks for asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I escaped from a black hole AMA

What was the fellas name?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

hehe

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I escaped from a black hole AMA

was he wearing a ring?

naem
May 29, 2011

notZaar posted:

You know how in cheap sci-fi the aliens are always just different human cultures in makeup and there's always one race that's just all war all the time, what if we're that race and that's why the other aliens don't want to talk to us.

I've been watching Vikings a lot and I think we might be

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
We're totally that race - 50/50 odds the first species we meet doesn't end up being annihilated by nuclear fire

god help them if they have anything that we can grind into dick powder

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

King Possum III posted:

When it first started happening, it traumatized me because I wondered if I was losing my sanity. I became aware of it gradually, over a period of time that began about twelve years ago.

I begin a session by removing as much of the visual and aural stimulation around me as possible, closing my eyes, and relaxing my mind with breathing exercises. In the darkness a small speck will appear, and I concentrate intensely on it. If I stay focused (but relaxed), the speck gets gradually larger until it becomes a scene with people, places, and things.

It's not always possible for me to reach a balance with the proper level of relaxation, while simultaneously remaining strictly focused. Sometimes I can't do it, regardless of how hard I try, but when I'm successful I get a peaceful, contented feeling afterwards.

The images are often very faint; sometimes I can only detect vague shapes and motion. And there's no soundtrack that comes with it; it's totally silent. Thanks for asking.

Not trying to poo poo post but....I think this is fuckin stupid lmao

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Moridin920 posted:

We're totally that race - 50/50 odds the first species we meet doesn't end up being annihilated by nuclear fire

god help them if they have anything that we can grind into dick powder

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
we will kick all the alien rear end that's how we roll

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Rap Music and Dope posted:

Not trying to poo poo post but....I think this is fuckin stupid lmao

There was a time when I would've agreed with you, but seeing is believing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

wide stance posted:

Microorganisms yes.

Pretty much this is the only thing plausible. And they'd almost certainly have to arrive via asteroid, not just floating around like space amoeba.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

What's gonna end up happening is a herd of hyper intelligent Iguanadon will come to Earth in their ships to check the results of their planet seeding operation and we'll immediately kill them.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

notZaar posted:

You know how in cheap sci-fi the aliens are always just different human cultures in makeup and there's always one race that's just all war all the time, what if we're that race and that's why the other aliens don't want to talk to us.

it would be pretty cool if we were the federation from star trek then :grin:

realtalk tho it would be advantageous for the human race to be able to beat the gently caress out of an alien species if it came to it.

King Possum III posted:

so in other words you utilized sensory deprivation and that did it? cool. i need to try one of those floating tank places but do brownies beforehand.

for me its difficult to relax period.

have you seen anything else weird in the astral projections besides the ship?

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

chris christie's rear end

jackyl posted:

we will kick all the alien rear end that's how we roll

turn the little green men into green jelly :whatup:

Blazing Ownager posted:

Pretty much this is the only thing plausible. And they'd almost certainly have to arrive via asteroid, not just floating around like space amoeba.

extremophiles such as the water bear proof that it is possible for macroscopic life to survive in the harsh environment of the vacuum

i hope this isn't too much of a necro

i've been meaning to check on this thread lately but work irl has been busy af

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
There are those who believe...that life here began out there, far across the Universe...with tribes of humans...who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians...or the Toltecs...or the Mayans...that they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids...or the lost civilizations of Lemuria...or Atlantis.

Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man...who even now fight to survive--somewhere beyond the heavens!

Hope this helps, OP.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
~if u use the floating tank make sure u r danK~

no but really weed probably gets in the way of that deep sensory deprivation experience that comes with being totally overwhelmed

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

That Robot posted:

so in other words you utilized sensory deprivation and that did it? cool. i need to try one of those floating tank places but do brownies beforehand.

for me its difficult to relax period.

have you seen anything else weird in the astral projections besides the ship?

I wish I had a way to obtain a more complete sensory deprivation, but city life is full of noise and distractions. Those saltwater tanks sound interesting, and I'd love to see what kind of results I'd get while floating in one.

There are several terms for the kind of meditation I do, such as astral projection, remote viewing, scrying, etc. It didn't come with instructions, and I may never fully understand it. It often feels as though I'm seeing images through other people's eyes, and most of what I see is very mundane and unimportant.

But I've also seen things that moved me profoundly, things that helped me resolve practical situations in my life, and some disturbing things I wish I hadn't seen and didn't know about.

I'm an atheist, and I don't see this as anything supernatural. My working theory is that I have a talent for exercising an ability that everyone has at some level, but it's poorly understood in our society and only a few of us make an effort to develop it. I have an extremely sensitive nature, which I always thought to be a liability. But it might be good for something after all!

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Applewhite posted:

There are those who believe...that life here began out there, far across the Universe...with tribes of humans...who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians...or the Toltecs...or the Mayans...that they may have been the architects of the Great Pyramids...or the lost civilizations of Lemuria...or Atlantis.

Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man...who even now fight to survive--somewhere beyond the heavens!

Hope this helps, OP.

whenever i hear about battlestar galactica these days i think about jessica dupre, aka adama2014.

what happened to them? did they say gently caress it and left for another new target in their quixotic masquerade?

oh well

LT56 posted:

~if u use the floating tank make sure u r danK~

no but really weed probably gets in the way of that deep sensory deprivation experience that comes with being totally overwhelmed

it might enhance the experience due to the power of weed

i want to meet the machine elves and poo poo

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

935 posted:

What's gonna end up happening is a herd of hyper intelligent Iguanadon will come to Earth in their ships to check the results of their planet seeding operation and we'll immediately kill them.

there's an episode of star trek where it's alternate universe and the first Vulcan to land on Earth just gets murdered by some hick with a shotgun and then humans reverse engineer the ship and are hyper aggressive and violent and take over half the galaxy

most realistic episode imo

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I thought there was significant evidence that all life on earth might have evolved from alien microorganisms brought to earth by an asteroid or comet.

Nah that was Spore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
"Wow look at these loving idiots. Let's take the core and get the gently caress out of here"

• Locked thread