Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

didn't johann hate somebody who was also working on the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Uncle Wemus posted:

I thought the writers hated the animators who hated the voice actors who hated the writers because of last minute changes each group would do without the knowledge of the other groups that would force them to do more work.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

zimboe posted:

So what has to be done to get Cartoon Network to do a JtHM series?

Well, Johann would have to be down with doing another animated series. And he isn't.

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.

Ape Fist posted:

This is Ireland so we don't really get trends until about 10 years later when the market is super saturated and you won't be beaten to death for looking like a weird queer.

Hong Kong same

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I remember this show and the girls who were into it also had like Jack Skellington tattoes.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

je1 healthcare posted:

Well, Johann would have to be down with doing another animated series. And he isn't.

What the hell is this dude's revenue stream that he wouldn't be jumping on that poo poo? I saw him at a con and he looked like he was doing well--he was decked out in expensive alternative fashion that isn't cheap, even if a lot of it is probably comp'd for marketing purposes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So I should actually bother to track down these comics if I liked the show?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
The comics read like they're made from unaired episodes, so if that's up your alley you can just do what I did and nab ebook versions of the first two volumes off of Amazon. The only drawback us that there's a nonzero chance your reccomended items page will fill with gross indie comics and boots with buckles on them.

Other highlights in the comics include:

-KC Green depicting a morbidly-obese Gir
-Fun with flesh-printing
-Zim creating life
-Everyone dying
-Dib gets owned

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You forgot Zim taking his anger out on small planets by punching them into oblivion

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Ape Fist posted:

There was a goth squad of teenagers that used to mope around my own up until a couple of years ago. This is Ireland so we don't really get trends until about 10 years later when the market is super saturated and you won't be beaten to death for looking like a weird queer. We're really only getting Hipsterism now, to be honest.

I'm glad for the sake of my sanity that someone else has noticed this. The goths that used to hang around the Central Bank aren't even there anymore but then you go out somewhere like Mullingar and there are still actual goths there.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

What the hell is this dude's revenue stream that he wouldn't be jumping on that poo poo? I saw him at a con and he looked like he was doing well--he was decked out in expensive alternative fashion that isn't cheap, even if a lot of it is probably comp'd for marketing purposes.

You answered your own question. Conventions, unending royalties, and a fanbase that he hates but can keep selling murals to.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I respect Vasquez's decision to maintain his artistic integrity and not give into the pressure for him to get back into animation, but at the same time I would not bat an eye at paying money to see him throw away his values and sanity for a few more episodes of a children's cartoon from a soulless broadcast corporation.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQNZcBTOgt8

He was also working on a Disney Channel show that I think got canned or something. Not sure. He did a pilot for it, I know that.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Uncle Wemus posted:

He hates drat near everyone so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I appreciate the soft twist on the perpetual energy machine that zim gave himself away to dib because he said "yes, yes, it'll be magical" as future dib

• Locked thread