Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

OwlFancier posted:

I would suggest that splitting things into many small elected roles makes it easier to fill each role with the most populist garbage you can find.

E: vvvvv Also "lol what's a PCC?" because nobody turned out for it. I don't think they even do anything, I think they're just there to give suggestions.

I thought they had control over some stuff to do with police budgeting? I hope i'm wrong on that though since it would be a worryingly important power for a role nobody gives a poo poo about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

UrbicaMortis posted:

I thought they had control over some stuff to do with police budgeting? I hope i'm wrong on that though since it would be a worryingly important power for a role nobody gives a poo poo about.

Looking it up it seems like they can appoint and sack the chief constable, and can set the budget, as well as the managerial bollocks "policing goals" of the force.

So essentially they can make suggestions, set the budget, and annoy the CC, but they have no direct personal control over the force which is still miles better than "vote for the sheriff".

• Locked thread