Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also

MiracleWhale posted:

I'm the president of bp and I want you to know that oil is now sustainable because our chemists have figured out how to make it out of ground up brown children

Once they figure out how to spend .9 gallons of gas to compress decaying bodies into 1 gallon of gas I'm pretty sure gravefracking will be the next gasoline revolution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
my only peace with how badly we're all loving the earth is that i'm not going to leave any children to pick up the mess

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RedMage129 posted:

I read an article that had a statement from the security that tried to convince me that the protesters were being very aggressive and that officers were getting "injured". Then the very next sentence was a glossed over mention of pepper spray and tear gas being used on the crowd. It was pretty slimy.

They usually pepper spray and tear gas aggressive people i dont see how that contradicts what they said

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Aralan posted:

Just Cause rules, this thread does not

give me the budget and a team that size and ill give you a better thread but this is the thread we have and god help me you will like it or you will keep your mouth shut mister

Cigstomper58 posted:

Sounds like you have some weird hosed up deathwish that you seem desperate to include everyone in on

go on

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

give me the budget and a team that size and ill give you a better thread but this is the thread we have and god help me you will like it or you will keep your mouth shut mister

go on

We arent running out of oil and climate change is not nearly the apocalypse you think it is. People dropped the peak oil sctick in the 70s and scientists stopped saying we are all gonna boil,freeze, drown twenty years ago. You watch too many movies and "documentaries."

I dont know if it directly gave you sad brain AIDS or this just facilitates it. A question for the ages

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Cigstomper58 posted:

We arent running out of oil and climate change is not nearly the apocalypse you think it is. People dropped the peak oil sctick in the 70s and scientists stopped saying we are all gonna boil,freeze, drown twenty years ago. You watch too many movies and "documentaries."

I dont know if it directly gave you sad brain AIDS or this just facilitates it. A question for the ages

looks like someone didnt read the rules its not that hard theres only one dude

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think wanting everyone to die including tens of thousands directly executed under your plan is sort of a dick move

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Cigstomper58 posted:

I think wanting everyone to die including tens of thousands directly executed under your plan is sort of a dick move

Genocide is always the answer, though.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Cigstomper58 posted:

hmm tens of thousands of bad actors or millions in the wars caused by land loss from rising seas and hundreds of millions if not billions in the wars caused by the loss of arable land everywhere else better bust out the moral calculator for this one

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Good, I'm glad either way but more the latter

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Just drill small holes in the pipeline every 50m making it rain free oil for the grateful natives

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I dont mean to go all edgelord but i think genocide is bad

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Cigstomper58 posted:

yeah maybe but polluting absolutely everything and destroying the ever living gently caress out of entire ecosystems might have a long term impact :)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The earth is just the start

The seed from which we will grow

Soon we will reach into the cosmos, spreading across the great dark expanse

consuming and harvesting everything in our path

stars will flicker and die, worlds will wither and dry

wherever we go

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's too bad about the whole destroying the Earth thing. But I probably won't be around by the time things get really bad, so I don't think it's anything for me to worry about.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I like to think that there are other civilizations in the universe that are watching us destroy our planet, treating Earth's demise as a game show. Sort of a "what will humans gently caress up next" type of thing

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Frankenstyle posted:

It's too bad about the whole destroying the Earth thing. But I probably won't be around by the time things get really bad, so I don't think it's anything for me to worry about.

Zorg Industries WILL BE D ESTROYYED

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I AM THE TOILET posted:

my only peace with how badly we're all loving the earth is that i'm not going to leave any children to pick up the mess

Same, just hoping I die peacefully before poo poo goes to hell

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
once Super High Density Batteries are powering airplanes we won't need fossil fuel for motors anymore and that's like half your emissions right there

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Actually Id like to make a counter proposal that includes adding more oils, so that gas goes back to $1.80

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Make America Great Again

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
global warming is probably not coming so much from fossil fuels, but from overfarming billions of meat animals like cows and pigs and chickens and such

there's like some netflix doc about this i forgot the title

here i just did da google

Disturbing Aerial Photos Show What Killing Billions Of Animals For Meat Is Doing To The Environment

http://www.collective-evolution.com...he-environment/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
oil fuckin owns. source: a oil company pays me to sit around at their site and do nothing

Malice Green
Feb 1, 2005
Molim Vas skinite gacice
Why don't we just dismantle it first? Nationalizing it seems like an unnecessary step.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
we'll get to that as soon as fossil fuels cease to turn a profit and not a moment sooner

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Maldoror posted:

global warming is probably not coming so much from fossil fuels, but from overfarming billions of meat animals like cows and pigs and chickens and such

there's like some netflix doc about this i forgot the title

here i just did da google

Disturbing Aerial Photos Show What Killing Billions Of Animals For Meat Is Doing To The Environment

http://www.collective-evolution.com...he-environment/

on top of the methane produced by factory farmed livestock, in NC they have an unreported problem with pigshit lagoons constantly leaking into waterways and killing off everything that doesn't thrive on poo poo ( hence you still posting ;) ). There was also that hurricane a decade or so ago that swept up all the pigshit and kindly shared it with everybody

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 10, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sonofsilversign posted:

How is this even a discussion anymore?

In case you guys arent following the Dakota pipeline protests some archaic dinosaur robber barons are stealing native american tribal land so that they can save a couple bucks on transport costs. Some "private security" set dogs on the people peacefully protesting the almost certain reduction and contamination to their drinking water and destruction of their cultural lands.

Thats just one tiny issue with an industry that is furiously fighting to keep pumping ludicrous amounts of carbon and methane into the atmosphere as we march seemingly inexorably towards 2° of warming.

Nationalize, dismantle, seize the assets of every executive, liquidate every piece of equipment and launch the oil into the sun. Use those billions of dollars to set up sustainable energy sources and prepare for the apocalyptic future that lies ahead of us.

I've seen this on Facebook feeds, but only the sort of obnoxious liberal ones, the sort of progressives who share a lot of stupid political memes, so I hadn't been paying too close of attention, but it does seem that there's a real media blackout on this issue.

Nationalizing it wouldn't make it any better though, you poor naive fool. Private industry may be somewhat evil, but government is wholly incompetent and I can promise you: the only thing worse than evil is incompetent evil.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I've seen this on Facebook feeds, but only the sort of obnoxious liberal ones, the sort of progressives who share a lot of stupid political memes, so I hadn't been paying too close of attention, but it does seem that there's a real media blackout on this issue.

Nationalizing it wouldn't make it any better though, you poor naive fool. Private industry may be somewhat evil, but government is wholly incompetent and I can promise you: the only thing worse than evil is incompetent evil.

good dumbass impression

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

That's my backyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Toadvine posted:

on top of the methane produced by factory farmed livestock, in NC they have an unreported problem with pigshit lagoons constantly leaking into waterways and killing off everything that doesn't thrive on poo poo ( hence you still posting ;) ). There was also that hurricane a decade or so ago that swept up all the pigshit and kindly shared it with everybody

A decade ago, try 17 years, and that's mostly just dirt and runoff.

• Locked thread