Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I was in the stands for that. Once Wake won I had the giggles for the rest of the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

C-Euro posted:

This is loving hilarious but I don't know how you mentally recover from this as a Nebraska fan. Which turnover was the worst? It's gotta be the one where the guy catches the ball, beats his man, and the ball just falls out of his hands at the 5, right?

the loss to texas in the big 12 championship game later that season was waaaaaay more mind-loving. the isu game was just comical.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pretty sure the duke northwestern game from tonight jumps right in there, it was 3 and a half hours of two poo poo teams being dumb

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia 9, Mizzou 6, October 18th 2015

This was a loving awful game. Greyson Lambert was 23/32 with 178 yards. That's like 7.7 YPA. That's bad.

Missouri had six first downs.

The game winning Georgia drive took 2:44 and contained 7 plays for 33 yards.

This game was a nightmare.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Blind Pineapple posted:

The lone TD was a hail mary that should've been intercepted but a Bears defender knocked it out of Urlacher's hands and right to Dexter McCluster instead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGJIQgMKim0

lmao that's honorary Packer Chris Conte knocking the sure interception out of Urlacher's hands. i love that guy

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

wa27 posted:

I was in the stands for this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyzCw6y1yYU
box score

Iowa State went up 9-7 in the 2nd quarter and the score never changed again. Nebraska turned it over eight times, with four inside the 5-yard line. All NU needed was a field goal to win and they had the best kicker in the NCAA.

The strangest thing is it felt like Nebraska was in control of the game up until the final drive. Iowa State only forced four punts on 14 possessions. Every time we would drive down to the red zone, the crowd would be begging for a field goal, only to get a fumble instead. It was the most frustrating thing ever. And still everyone was pretty confident that we'd win the game until near the end of the fourth quarter.

This was the first Nebraska game I took my now wife to shortly after we started dating. I chose this one specifically because I knew they'd easily beat Iowa State, and we'd go home happy. Yeah, not so much, what an excruciating painful game to watch. Looking back,I'm glad we were there, as it's hilarious in retrospect.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I've always wondered, why is he so happy for a 0-0 draw going into OT?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

axeil posted:

because he's senile

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

axeil posted:

There was a missed field goal at the end of regulation

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
From a totally practical standpoint, and forgive me if it's been mentioned, but the 1988 "Fog Bowl" between the Eagles and the Bears is the first thing I think of. You literally couldn't see the loving game. Add to it that my team lost and it just sucked all the way around.

I guess it's the worst game "I never saw". It was like running through the town in Silent Hill.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

axeil posted:

Wake Forest missed a field goal at the end of regulation so Beamer is celebrating that he still has a chance of winning the game in overtime.

Or put better:
https://twitter.com/jwgiglio/status/653240365206634497

• Locked thread