Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Max: Jeff Probst sounds like Kellyanne Conway justifying the theme of this season

https://twitter.com/fymaxwell/status/829387407455686656

Michele: What the gently caress Jeff?

https://twitter.com/meeshfitz/status/829392057781407745

I hope Jeff is forced to bring her back for the all winners season and she wins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Is that a quote from Jeff? Holy poo poo.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
J.T. looks about the same, just older. Ozzy looks a bit off. Malcolm looks even better.

Also Jeff has already said they're splitting into three tribes in episode 3, so look out for that I guess.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Can read them here:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/08/survivor-game-changers-full-cast-twist-revealed/
http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2017/02/08/survivor-host-jeff-probst-game-changers-theme-idols-twists/

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I'm thinking a lot of odd picks were last minute grabs after a few potential returnees said no.

Like Wentworth.

Sort of. It sounds like production had a lot of trouble figuring out the theme of this season, and ended up throwing up their hands, taking 20 people and calling it Game Changers. More info here:
http://insidesurvivor.com/the-rumor-mill-whats-the-story-with-survivor-season-34-13162

Also Natalie Anderson was supposed to be on the cast but was replaced a day or two before filming with Sierra, a change which I presume 99% of Survivor fans are disappointed by.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They are going to have to get Tai (Taj?) another pet chicken or he just won't be the same.

Tai may want to consider aligning himself with a human tribemate this season. Unless they start giving the livestock a vote.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

I think Jeff has said before that they don't have enough good female winners to do an all-winners season, so I'm not surprised he doesn't think too much of one of the least inspiring women to win

It's funny, though, before the season aired he basically gave away Michele's victory by saying that she was some sort of evolution of how Parvati played (because that's basically the only lens through which he can comprehend women being good at Survivor)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Also Natalie Anderson was supposed to be on the cast but was replaced a day or two before filming with Sierra, a change which I presume 99% of Survivor fans are disappointed by.

i am the one percent

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm fine with taking a second chance on characters that didn't stand out as much like Sierra and Hali to get some fresh blood involved (and I had generally positive feelings about both of them on their season), but then why bother bringing back retreads like Ciera and Andrea who are probably going to more or less fill the same role in the game

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I think Jeff genuinely respected Denise's win, but that's also a win that's kinda hard to emulate or really boil down as a strategy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

ApplesandOranges posted:

I think Jeff genuinely respected Denise's win, but that's also a win that's kinda hard to emulate or really boil down as a strategy.

Denise is one of my all-time favorite winners. Winning Survivor while also losing every single pre-merge immunity challenge takes skill.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Two random slightly connected thoughts for off-season.

Has there ever been any insight how the editors go through the process of editing down footage from 100s of hours into 40 minute episodes? It just seems like an insane task. I know there's the edgic stuff people do with counting confessions etc but I more mean do the editors get notes from Jeff and staff out on location and then storyboard the season before grabbing the footage?

Secondly, I remember Second Chances being criticised after finishing for the uneven airtime of some players even if they made it far or were a threat. Thinking about it now, maybe the editing was wonky because of the tight turnaround time from the vote announcement to filming and then airing.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Big Taint posted:

Tai may want to consider aligning himself with a human tribemate this season. Unless they start giving the livestock a vote.

One of the new "creative" hidden immunity idols is a chicken.

No, not that chicken. *throws it in the fire*

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Dugong posted:

Has there ever been any insight how the editors go through the process of editing down footage from 100s of hours into 40 minute episodes? It just seems like an insane task. I know there's the edgic stuff people do with counting confessions etc but I more mean do the editors get notes from Jeff and staff out on location and then storyboard the season before grabbing the footage?

Lots of teamwork:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Drafted this season. Snake draft. Last 4 got dropped off.

I think everyone is pretty equal except Green. No faith in his picks.

If you want to use it:

1 point for getting through a tribal council without getting voted off
1 point for each vote nullified with a HII.
2 points for winning individual immunity
3 points for making the final tribal council
2 points for each vote received at the final tribal council

Zesty fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 22, 2017

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Drafted this season. Snake draft. Last 4 got dropped off.

I think everyone is pretty equal except Green. No faith in his picks.

If you want to use it:

1 point for getting through a tribal council without getting voted off
1 point for each vote nullified with a HII.
2 points for winning immunity
3 points for making the final tribal council
2 points for each vote received at the final tribal council

I'd love to see what order these got drafted in

Wait, do you get 2 points for winning a team immunity, or only individual immunity?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lone Goat posted:

Wait, do you get 2 points for winning a team immunity, or only individual immunity?

Same order as listed. Snake draft. So 1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4-4-3-2-1

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sierra seems like a big miss, under those rules I'd rather have her than Brad Culpepper

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Poque posted:

Sierra seems like a big miss, under those rules I'd rather have her than Brad Culpepper

We've been doing drafts for a few seasons now and the whoever had the winner wins the draft by a LOT. So it's usually people picking whoever think has the highest chance to win, really. We've lowered the points per jury vote from 3 to 2.

I'm not thrilled with the points given for winning individual immunity but it does make challenges a bit more watchable rather than a yahta yahta. These rules were also copied over from a drafting system that usually starts at the merge.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Lone Goat posted:

Here, rather than making you do the work.

Aubrey
Zeke
Ciera
JT
Michaela
Tai
Cirie
Tony
Jeff
Ozzy
Sandra
Andrea
Malcolm
Brad
Debbie
Caleb
--
Hali
Sarah
Sierra
Troyzan

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Unpopular opinion: Tony was fun to watch but is bad at Survivor.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Tony is dead in the water and my #2 pick for first boot. His frenetic game is now known and he's said that he plans on playing even harder this season, not to mention he's got the winner target on his back. (Sandra is my #1 pick for first boot due to 2 wins and being poo poo at challenges)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Here, rather than making you do the work.

Thanks for this. Green team looks like poo poo, I think the team of unpicked players will score higher. I'd love to see that chart get updated in-thread after each episode.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

We've been doing drafts for a few seasons now and the whoever had the winner wins the draft by a LOT. So it's usually people picking whoever think has the highest chance to win, really. We've lowered the points per jury vote from 3 to 2.

I'm not thrilled with the points given for winning individual immunity but it does make challenges a bit more watchable rather than a yahta yahta. These rules were also copied over from a drafting system that usually starts at the merge.

Is this the Rob Has a Podcast draft format? Because yeah I hate that so many points are given per vote because it just leads to blowouts. I'd just give 2 points for making FTC, and 3 more for winning the game. It defeats the purpose of counting all the other points when someone gets 15-30 points at the end.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Tony and Brad are easy pick-offs, yeah. Brad could go a bit further if people prize goatability and challenges over... well everything else about him, but unless Tony is really good at talking people into voting for alternate targets, he won't make it to the merge without his tribe(s) going on an insane run.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Can read them here:

http://ew.com/tv/2017/02/08/survivor-game-changers-full-cast-twist-revealed/
http://my.xfinity.com/blogs/tv/2017/02/08/survivor-host-jeff-probst-game-changers-theme-idols-twists/

Sort of. It sounds like production had a lot of trouble figuring out the theme of this season, and ended up throwing up their hands, taking 20 people and calling it Game Changers. More info here:
http://insidesurvivor.com/the-rumor-mill-whats-the-story-with-survivor-season-34-13162

Should have replaced her with Nadiya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
New thread who dis

• Locked thread