Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!

BigBadSteve posted:

Good on you OP, you're a nice guy.

But if it happens again with a different victim, pls shoot the pitbull(s) and the victim dog (after consoling it), and donate the two grand to a global charity instead to keep a starving family of humans alive for three years.

(If you're in the U.S. you will of course own a gun.)
As much as I love both macho posturing and utilitarian dick-measuring costests, I'll probably just keep on keeping on like I've been doing. We all earn money for the purpose of making our lives better. For me, what makes my life better is to help animals, so that's what I do. If shooting rampages and Oxfam are more your style, then let your philanthropic freak flag fly brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

IceLicker posted:

Aside from doing the right thing, which is great, do you know how much rear end this story can get you?

I'd imagine it'd be on the order of colossal amounts.

I'm actually getting married in about 2 months, so it's kind of too late for me, but if this story can get others on GBS some butt, then you may by all means tell it in the first person. Consider it licensed to all of you.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

op please measure your dick my making sure the sick hound gets a good family and is healthy

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

op please measure your dick my making sure the sick hound gets a good family and is healthy

I'm on it. It really sucks that the best thing we can do for the major remaining wound is wait and see. I got opinions from two different vets and they both agreed on that one. Either way he needs to be under observation so I have to leave him alone at the vet where he's probably super freaked out and not getting any love :( Rest assured that will all change asap tho. As soon as we can get the little dude out of there he will be living the high life.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Boof Bonser posted:

I'm on it. It really sucks that the best thing we can do for the major remaining wound is wait and see. I got opinions from two different vets and they both agreed on that one. Either way he needs to be under observation so I have to leave him alone at the vet where he's probably super freaked out and not getting any love :( Rest assured that will all change asap tho. As soon as we can get the little dude out of there he will be living the high life.

thats actually awesome. sure, he might be scared, but if hes being healed then its a complete success. that will be a happy dog

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

Good on you OP, you're a nice guy.

But if it happens again with a different victim, pls shoot the pitbull(s) and the victim dog (after consoling it), and donate the two grand to a global charity instead to keep a starving family of humans alive for three years.

(If you're in the U.S. you will of course own a gun.)

If he shot the pitbulls then he'd have three times as many dog to take to the emergency vet. That's 3 times as many bills and even less for the starving op

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Also, if we're being honest, the alternative wasn't me saving starving children, it was me paying down student loans.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Boof Bonser posted:

Also, if we're being honest, the alternative wasn't me saving starving children, it was me paying down student loans.

you made the right choice

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

OP you're going to dog heaven

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Thread saved, so how is the pupper doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i have recently watched like 5 documentaries on "uncontacted peoples", basically tribes that are completely isolated and havent ever dealt with any other humans

and all of them somehow have dogs

amazing

• Locked thread