Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Paperback | Kindle

Just published my first novel! It's horror, it's called Kristina, and it's available on Amazon as a CreateSpace paperback and a Kindle version.

The first chapter-and-a-half can be read on the 'Look Inside' of the Kindle version, and I think Amazon will put that on the paperback version soon too.

I'm looking for people to read the book in full and review it on Amazon, so if you read the Look Inside and enjoy it enough to want to read more, I'll send you the full book for free to read! And then, if you enjoy the book, please write a review on Amazon for it. (If you don't like it, just pretend it never existed—I'm too small a fry right now and a bad review on there would significantly hurt me.)

PM me if you like the Look Inside and want the whole thing, or email me if you don't have PM. My email is codyclarke at gmail dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
I'm gonna be honest man, you need some negative reviews on there. Not 1-star or anything, but right now it is glaringly obvious that you're soliciting reviews: the current batch are ridiculously over-the-top with the positivity. Somebody compares you to Dostoevsky for gently caress's sake.

Nobody is gonna see that, then read "the pond is soapy with one's body in it, one's body having been soaped up before entering it" and go "yeah this person actually read the book."

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

I'm gonna be honest man, you need some negative reviews on there. Not 1-star or anything, but right now it is glaringly obvious that you're soliciting reviews: the current batch are ridiculously over-the-top with the positivity. Somebody compares you to Dostoevsky for gently caress's sake.

Nobody is gonna see that, then read "the pond is soapy with one's body in it, one's body having been soaped up before entering it" and go "yeah this person actually read the book."

All three of those people purchased the book with their own money and read it in its entirety. They are fans of my work, they've bought several other books of mine in the past. If by 'soliciting reviews' you mean that I asked them, after they gushed to me about how much they loved the book, to review it on Amazon, then yes I'm 'soliciting reviews'.

This thread is the only place where I've offered the book for free and no one has taken me up on it. Which is fine, no biggie. It'll find its audience somewhere else.

• Locked thread