Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
And drat, it sucked.

Spoilers for a 40 year old move I guess

Maybe audiences were easier to fool back in the 70s but I saw every twist coming from a mile away.

What was the deal with the lady assassin? She has 100 opportunities to kill Robert Redford and her brilliant plan is to shoot him on the street in broad daylight with a silenced revolver? Since when would the chicago mob in the 30s ever use a woman hitman?

Did they think the guy they conned wouldn't realize it's suspicious that both of the main players would get shot to death right after he handed them 500k?

There were at least 30/40 people in on the scam, so divided evenly they would all get about 10k when all was said and done. I guess that's a lot of money in those days but seems like it wasn't quite worth the effort, especially when the bad guy could make one phone call to the FBI and realize it was all a scam and hunt down the people involved.

Also, the actresses in this movie looked like butt. Talk about a couple of dogs. One of the few movies where the dudes are way prettier than the gals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
everyone point and laugh at the OP!

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

hmm yah thought you were talking about Gordon sumner op NEVER MIND SUCK A DICK

~fields of gold~

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
I also came in here thinking you went to a soft rock concert, was likewise disappointed.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
WCW wrestlers sucked poo poo out of asses FYI

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005
come on people since when is Sting called "the sting" smdh

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I started a Sting cover band called Anaphylaxis with my buddy "Drop Drum Technique" Jones

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bug Bill Murray posted:

come on people since when is Sting called "the sting" smdh

since the op didn't capitalize 'the', your eye drifts to the singular Sting and you think 'oh gently caress I love Desert Rose'

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

WCW wrestlers sucked poo poo out of asses FYI

don't talk poo poo

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I thought it was a pretty good Futurama episode.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

you're right OP it was the days of when you could release a cool movie and not have 100 nerds on the internet nitpick everything

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

schmitty9800 posted:

you're right OP it was the days of when you could release a cool movie and not have 100 nerds on the internet nitpick everything

Or people on a forum all going "Wait, why didn't Pat Newman die when Robert Downey shot him? This movie is garbage!" and then twelve more posts arguing about whether it was all a setup or if maybe the real enemy is capitalism, HMMMM?????

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I bet the sting lasts about 8 hours longer with ops mom than I do

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
My girlfriend tried to watch it the other night and we fell asleep halfway through. Watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid instead.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jackyl posted:

I bet the sting lasts about 8 hours longer with ops mom than I do

that was an OK attempt at a burn, C-

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
The Sting isn't about the twists anyway it's about the joy of being in on it, that's why it's so fun to have all the nose taps and the small time players. How about the guy who worked with his own suits? How about Paul Newman and Robert Redford at their most charming? How about Redford's suits?

You probably hate Columbo too.

Also I saw Sting in Central Park riding a bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

Suck a Dick No Homo posted:

The Sting isn't about the twists anyway it's about the joy of being in on it, that's why it's so fun to have all the nose taps and the small time players. How about the guy who worked with his own suits? How about Paul Newman and Robert Redford at their most charming? How about Redford's suits?

You probably hate Columbo too.

Also I saw Sting in Central Park riding a bike.

All that stuff was cool I guess I was just expecting the cons to be better....

• Locked thread